InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Feb 23, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #137 of 3,191
Intoflatlines: I figured i'd go for something a little different than just my name
regular_smile .gif

Brand New are probably one of my all time favorite bands. Made the trip down to Wembley to there one stop UK show last month and was without doubt the best live performance I've seen by them.

Feb 23, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #138 of 3,191
Quote:

Originally Posted by minusthetom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Intoflatlines: I figured i'd go for something a little different than just my name
regular_smile .gif

Brand New are probably one of my all time favorite bands. Made the trip down to Wembley to there one stop UK show last month and was without doubt the best live performance I've seen by them.

minusthetom,

Did you only get one sound hole? If so, was this requested by you. Looking forward to reading your review and impressions.

My UM3x remolds are due to arrive tomorrow. Pictures and impressions to be added.

Feb 24, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #139 of 3,191
I believe fisher only do dual bore if you request it. My ear canals are small so as a precautionary I decided against them just incase it somehow lead to fit issues. I fail to understand how duals would make a significant impact upon sound so it wasn't a difficult decision.

Feb 27, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #141 of 3,191
Here are mine. I will probably send them off for a refit. The right one doesn't seal well.
(Sorry for who's color design I copied.)

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

Feb 27, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #142 of 3,191
Jus a few more pics and first impressions-

4387756836_32144a6966.jpg

4387753976_71567879e1.jpg

Will start with saying my impressions were taken with my jaw in a relaxed position with no bite block and the fit is fine first go. Had a chat with my audiologist about closed/open mouth impressions and he explained that it would be unnecessary and more pleasant to take the impressions closed mouth.

Build quality is much the same as what everyone else has experienced. If anything the mobile phone pictures don't do them any favors and I have no complaints about them. The fisher back cable is quite stiff but is very well made.

Over the past few days I've worked out the best insertion technique is the roll the monitors in like many are familiar but once inserted roll them forwards slightly to ensure they're snug in the crus helix.
For removal I point my index finger and push the inside top of my ear (helix) upwards while using my thumb to pull the monitor out from the bottom. This doesn't put any strain on the cable and is one handed making it very convenient.

When I started using my 3's I was on the long slim comply tips which were amazingly comfy and isolated well. It was some what of a revelation when I switched to the small clear silicon tips with the bass going from slightly bloated to more tight and controlled and the high more clearer. The reshell had the same effect just to a further extent. They are still a U shaped IEM but the bass tightness and quality for rock music now is fantastic. Overall I am one very happy fisher customer.

Feb 28, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #143 of 3,191
4395811425_1da98ed2e7_b.jpg

4395811899_ca49ee237f_b.jpg

4396579690_96f575ea6a_b.jpg

I received my UM3X remolds on Tuesday but I have been busy enjoying them. I would first say that Fisher did exactly what I asked for including the custom graphic which I kept simple. The fit and finish are very good. They are a less transparent than I would like, but this is a minor issue. The color was very close to the one I specified. I can see no bubbles or tool marks.

These are my first IEM's and I was a bit surprised at how hard they were. I think I was expecting a little flexibility but they seal very well and the sound signature has remained the same. Great separation, upfront vocals, and nice rounded tight bass. I would say that the stock UM3X with bi-flanges isolates a bit better but this is not due to fit. I think the difference can be attributed to the soft silicon versus the hard acrylic. Isolation is still very adequate with the remolds.

My favorite aspects of the remold are the comfortable consistent fit, sound characteristics, appearance, and ability to replace the cable if it every is damaged.

My least favorite aspect is the Fisher clear cable which is stiff and holds a memory. It sounds very good, but it is just cumbersome to deal with. Not a huge issue either because I can always get a Westone ES cable.

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #145 of 3,191
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^ So those are two-toned with clear faceplates and blue shells?

I believe the inner portion of the faceplate might be clear. It's pretty hard to tell.

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #147 of 3,191
Quote:

Originally Posted by snuffed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which blue is that in the order form - dark/normal/light?

I think the blue is a little oversaturated from my camera settings. I ordered the standard light blue and sent in a picture of what I was looking for. I was not too picky on color matching. I just wanted blue that I could see through. I like seeing the internal components and I thought it would help identify the ground wire from the signal wire in the event that I was confused with how the headphone jacks were supposed to be inserted.

Mar 4, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #148 of 3,191
I see fisher is still at it strong. and the order times have started to speed up again.

I've been having some problems with my left ear after a bad cold, and sinus infection and I've not been able to give my Fisher Custom TF10's much use lately.. it's been sad.

Those black with ants looks sweet

Mar 4, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #149 of 3,191
Hi guys, which email address do u use to inquire abt remolds or reshelling? i have sent them an email abt a week ago and have yet to receive any reply.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back