InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Aug 23, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #3,183 of 3,191
Correction. 2010. Nearly 10 years later, and they're still going strong.

Too bad they got out of the reshell business. They were the go-to company for reshells. I got an AR6 reshelled by Perfect Seal about a year ago and it is my most comfortable CIEM out of the several that I own. We’ll see what happens in 9 years.

Jan 11, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #3,188 of 3,191
Does anyone know of a company remolding ciems in Europe, preferrably Germany?
I've got a fitting problem with my JH13 vs.1.
They don't seal propperly anymore and the bass is loosing terribly. JH does'nt do reshells unfortunately and I just love the sound signature of my old JH 13s. Especially since I purchased an A&K norma sr25 on black friday, it is pretty annoying to hear how good that player sounds with my home stereo where it produces great bass too but seems so thin sounding with my in-ears.
I understand that Fisher in the US is highly recommended for reshells but the hastle with posting to the US, customs etc. maybe someone has a recommendation for Europe too.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Jan 11, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #3,190 of 3,191
I apologise for asking so direct without introducimg myself to the community first. Especially being a newbie in this forum.
I guess I would call myself an audiophile person.
Hifi is my passion as long as I can think.
Now 53 years of age I have a stereosystem at home that satisfies my musical desires. Following so called relevant literature for quite some years, I always tried to reach the next level in hearing quality. One could say I was addicted to the hifi virus. Visiting lots of highend excibitions and listening to hifi for prices of a family home that a normal working person couöd never afford.
At one of these exhibitions I accidentally overheard a conversation between a well known hifi expert and editor-in-chief of a renomated German hifi magazine. He spoke to one of the exhibitors saying, quote"I have changed the upcoming review according to your wishes. Please let me know if we can print it like that." end of quote. This conversation made me think more about physics than snake oil, when listening to music and reading so called expert reviews of all kind of accessoires and sophisticated new developments from one device to the next in the line-up. After all, musiciams make music and sound engineers produce their music in the studio, some better than others. Reading the flowery descriptions of some writers and having inside knowledge about production where the choir sang in LA, the main singer recorded in New York and the vocal partner was in London but the writer described a sound system, where he could actually see the lead singer right in the center of the stage and the single singers in the choir before his inner eye thanks to this amp and these speakers.
I have worked in the a/v rental business for 15 years and met a few sound technicians and none of them ever mentioned directional cables or used pucks to run their cables from the front of house mixing desk to the stage monitors.
Anyway, I travelled a lot and wanted to enjoy my music in good quality whilst I was out of home.
Eventually I had the chance to listen to a variety of in-ears and got stuck with the JH13 vs.1.
At that time the vs.2 was out brandnew but I preferred the vs
1. I have enjoyed them since then and saw no need for new in-ears since. Untill recently I have lost quite some weight and they don't fit as well as they used to anymore. Reading this forum for a while, I thought maybe someone might know a company in Germany that does reshells. Have asked via headphone company if JH would reshell the JH 13 but they rather wanted to sell new ones.
If I cn't get reshells for a decent price, I was thinking abput getting the ibasso it07. According to the reviews, I have read so far they seem to have a rather neutral but high resolving sound signature. Something I love about my JH too. They are on sale in Germany for 699€ at the moment. Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back