InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jun 20, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #3,001 of 3,191
Hey there folks. I've got a pair of TF10 reshells that Fisher did way back when they first came onto the scene. It sounds like i've got a short in either the cable or the jack on the IEM, so I'm looking to start with the easiest fix (the cable).

My reshells are using the original 2 prong "fisher" cable (not the TF10 cable).

Since these are my knock about headphones now, I'm wondering if there is a replacement cable available with an inline Mic for use on my phone. If not, that's OK, but it would be nice to have.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #3,005 of 3,191
  Hey there folks. I've got a pair of TF10 reshells that Fisher did way back when they first came onto the scene. It sounds like i've got a short in either the cable or the jack on the IEM, so I'm looking to start with the easiest fix (the cable).

My reshells are using the original 2 prong "fisher" cable (not the TF10 cable).

Since these are my knock about headphones now, I'm wondering if there is a replacement cable available with an inline Mic for use on my phone. If not, that's OK, but it would be nice to have.

Thanks in advance for your help!

There are a few in-line mic cables available on the market at different prices. 

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jul 15, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #3,009 of 3,191
I really want to send my in - ears in for reshell but my friend has told me that he has been in the process of getting his done for 3 months now. He said they have never updated him on any of the processes and that they just showed up at his door one day, then he had to send them back to be redone twice. Again ,they have not updated him at all on the whereabouts of his UERM. 

This kind of worries me as I don't know many other companies that can reshell; any solutions?

Jul 15, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #3,010 of 3,191
  I really want to send my in - ears in for reshell but my friend has told me that he has been in the process of getting his done for 3 months now. He said they have never updated him on any of the processes and that they just showed up at his door one day, then he had to send them back to be redone twice. Again ,they have not updated him at all on the whereabouts of his UERM. 

This kind of worries me as I don't know many other companies that can reshell; any solutions?

Quality of an IEM is largely dependent on the impressions that you get. I'd recommend you go to someone who has done ear impressions for IEMs before. Inearz doesn't really have an automated system where you can track progress, but if you give them a call or an email, they will update you on the status. They're great to work  with. 

Jul 15, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #3,011 of 3,191
  Quality of an IEM is largely dependent on the impressions that you get. I'd recommend you go to someone who has done ear impressions for IEMs before. Inearz doesn't really have an automated system where you can track progress, but if you give them a call or an email, they will update you on the status. They're great to work  with. 

I believe the issue in that case wasn't about the fit, but about the sound being messed up or incorrect. I might just go ahead and run with InEarz and hope for good luck. I'll see. Thanks!

Jul 16, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #3,012 of 3,191

I wish that were the issue.  Also, sure they are great to respond before you send in anything, but once you have any issues they are VERY slow to respond if they even do respond. 
You would think that if a customer was having to send their product back over and over again, that some sort of system/flag would be noted to keep that customer up to date.  Communication goes a LONG ******* ways for me.

Jul 18, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #3,013 of 3,191
I am terribly sorry for the lack of communication on our end. The family has been going through some medical issues so we have been a bit distracted. This doesn't excuse an order being here for this long. We always pick up the phone and are willing to talk immediately, and I don't show an emails from you recently.

This is not normal protocol and we will overnight your order this week. We have been testing and don't see any sound issues on our charts.

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #3,014 of 3,191
Got my Miracles back today. I feel like there's a very slight channel imbalance where the right is louder ... but sometimes it's just not there. Spooky indeed.

VPzCRP3.jpg

Aug 26, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #3,015 of 3,191
Got my Miracles back today. I feel like there's a very slight channel imbalance where the right is louder ... but sometimes it's just not there. Spooky indeed.

VPzCRP3.jpg

They're beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back