InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Apr 8, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #2,986 of 3,191

I sent my UERM in for a reshell as well...  I never received a email with an estimate of when it would be done, just a bill, which i paid. (Thanks eldss!) Also never received a email saying along the lines of  "we are finished and shipping them out to you...", which they do, because my buddy received that email one 1 week before me.

I did receive them March 30th I believe?  Took around 4 weeks, almost 5, no problem I'm patient. There is a fit issue, again no problem I'm sure it can be fixed.  Main issue is one side sounds different from the other.  Not at a fit issue type sound difference, but almost as if a filter or something isn't at the same depth as the other side.  When I received the UERM from original owner I was able to get them to seal evenly, so I know they worked great then.  Bummer there is a issue now.  Hopefully the issue is something like a filter? IDK, hoping for the best.

A day after (March 31st) receiving the reshell from Inearz I decided to email them to get the ball rolling on what to do (Also asked if they could reshell another CIEM I had).  Days go by, no email back.  Ok no problem everyone is busy... I following up (April 6th)... Still no email 
frown.gif
      Today (April 8th), I finally call to see what form needs to be filled out and what other info they need about my issue.

Anyways, sorry if this is tough to read, just a bit of a scatter brain.  If anyone is interested in a update later down the road just let me know and I'll be happy to keep things updated.

I got my UERMs after 4 weeks time (which they mentioned on the Paypal invoice) so the timing was right. They sent me the tracking information on my e-mail (I contacted them beforehand but I don't know if this encouraged them to do it 
redface.gif
) I'm now trying them to see if the fit is good!

I'm sorry to hear about the channel imbalance. It really sucks to have that especially if you think they were fine beforehand. I personally asked for measurements as well before reshell but I never received them. I would assume they do it but imagine the work it takes to send each graph to every customer. 

I find that in general they're more responsive to calls so try the toll free and talk to Kaysen. She's super helpful and friendly! 

My IEMs sound fine and the fit is near perfect. I don't think it's fair to say they're a bad company. Looking at the reviews, you'll find the majority to be positive. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #2,987 of 3,191

I got my UERMs after 4 weeks time (which they mentioned on the Paypal invoice) so the timing was right. They sent me the tracking information on my e-mail (I contacted them beforehand but I don't know if this encouraged them to do it 
redface.gif

I'm sorry to hear about the channel imbalance. It really sucks to have that especially if you think they were fine beforehand. I personally asked for measurements as well before reshell but I never received them. I would assume they do it but imagine the work it takes to send each graph to every customer. 

I find that in general they're more responsive to calls so try the toll free and talk to Kaysen. She's super helpful and friendly! 

My IEMs sound fine and the fit is near perfect. I don't think it's fair to say they're a bad company. Looking at the reviews, you'll find the majority to be positive. 

Yeah wasn't too worried about the time, just super happy it didn't take 2-3 months hah.

I didn't even think of asking for measurements before hand, smart move, but sucks they didn't send them.  I would assume since there was no imbalance before sending them in, and if they measured fine before reshelling... that it should be sent back with no issue? Oh well, I'll send them in and hope for the best!  I mean this thread is full of happy customers so they seem to take care of us.

Yeah, after a call I was helped quickly.

I don't think they are a bad company, sorry if it came off that way.

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #2,988 of 3,191

Yeah wasn't too worried about the time, just super happy it didn't take 2-3 months hah.

I didn't even think of asking for measurements before hand, smart move, but sucks they didn't send them.  I would assume since there was no imbalance before sending them in, and if they measured fine before reshelling... that it should be sent back with no issue? Oh well, I'll send them in and hope for the best!  I mean this thread is full of happy customers so they seem to take care of us.

Yeah, after a call I was helped quickly.

I don't think they are a bad company, sorry if it came off that way.

Oops! My bad! Someone else had some strong opinions about them after you posted your issue. I was responding to that comment. MISQUOTE! 
confused_face.gif

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #2,989 of 3,191

redface.gif

It's not that they are a bad company, it's the fact that it's 2016 and they apparently don't respond to email (despite having it listed). So I'm not really sure what to think of that. And like I said this is a time intensive process that can be made more transparent. It's something that they should work on.

Apr 9, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #2,990 of 3,191
Hey guys! Kaysen here... I'm terribly sorry about not responding to emails quicker. We are growing fast and sometimes (it seems) there isn't enough hours in the day. We just hired two new people to help with the expansion. We are also planning our first event where we will have demos available for people to listen to. Calling will give you an immediate answer, but I will focus on emails next week!

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #2,993 of 3,191
  it is possible to option for duo bore with recessed socket design?  

I believe that the number of bores will depend on the design of the IEM you are remolding. From my experience, they have kept the same number of bores, as on the original IEM. And if it's only a single bore IEM, I would personally prefer to maintain that, as that's what the original manufacturer intended to have in order to produce the sound they wanted to attain. But I would confirm with them. If you are buying their IEMs, they have IEMs with 1 - 3 bores. As for the recessed sockets, they also offer them. You can actually see the options they offer on their order form (link below):

http://www.inearz.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/InEarz-Remold-Order-Form-V2.pdf

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #2,994 of 3,191
  I believe that the number of bores will depend on the design of the IEM you are remolding. From my experience, they have kept the same number of bores, as on the original IEM. And if it's only a single bore IEM, I would personally prefer to maintain that, as that's what the original manufacturer intended to have in order to produce the sound they wanted to attain. But I would confirm with them. If you are buying their IEMs, they have IEMs with 1 - 3 bores. As for the recessed sockets, they also offer them. You can actually see the options they offer on their order form (link below):

http://www.inearz.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/InEarz-Remold-Order-Form-V2.pdf

Thanks for the confirmation. They es3x I have already have a duo bore design so I guess I have won't have to ask during the ordering process. However since the left side is significantly quieter than the right, I'll have to purchase another pair of working of iem for reshell as backup just in case I get a call back from ineaerz informing me that the es3x drivers are busted. This way I won't have wasted in shipping. I located in Australia. 

May 1, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #2,995 of 3,191
Hi Kaysen, I'm sure you are busy but I look forward to your email reply. You did a reshell on my UE18 Pros a few months back. Been great but now the right side is super quiet! I hope there's something that can be done. I'd hate to throw these in the garbage bin!

May 10, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #2,996 of 3,191
Hello everyone. Getting a pair of Noble 5 universals reshells soon (audiologist on Friday). Can anyone comment on the ambient port? Does it effect the sound? Maybe make it more spacious or a better soundstage? I like the idea of adding it because it can always be plugged and not use if I need more isolation.

May 10, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #2,997 of 3,191
Hello everyone. Getting a pair of Noble 5 universals reshells soon (audiologist on Friday). Can anyone comment on the ambient port? Does it effect the sound? Maybe make it more spacious or a better soundstage? I like the idea of adding it because it can always be plugged and not use if I need more isolation.

I've never had IEMs with ambient ports, but have known a couple of people who have them, but hate the ambient ports and they keep them plugged instead. The ambient port from what I've been told just kills the bass. For the re-shell, I would stick with what Noble intended you to hear which is the non ambient version. Inearz will do a great job with that.

If you're into having some ambient however, I'd recommend you look into the ADEL equipped iems from 1964. It's a different type of tech and pretty amazing. There's a couple of good reviews that talk about the tech. Westone also recently came up with their ambient series, but I haven't heard them nor seen any reviews yet. 

May 11, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #2,998 of 3,191
Actually I have a prerelease version of the westone am pro 30, and it's pretty magnificent. The westone fit for me is perfect. I've had the w4, w4r, and w40. All are ok, but a little muddy with bass bleeding into the mids. So the AM 30 sounds better than all of these. A spacious sounding westone with good instrument separation and deep bass. I picked them up as part of a deal with my Klipsch x20i's, and surprisingly they sounds better to my preference. I tried to use them on my motorcycle but they don't isolate very much, obviously. But they sound damn good. I don't really know how to review, but I definitely like them. Best westone I've heard so far. I was asking about the ambient port because I was wondering if it would give the noble a little more spacious sound. We'll see.

Jun 4, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #2,999 of 3,191
 SAVANT Reshell by Inearz or custom tips other company ? Maybe after this weekends "The Show Newport" , Im over these falling out after trying too many types of tips . These are one my favorite sounding IEM , even better then 8driver CIEM$$$$ I use daily. 

I hope the sound will not change MUCH but Im out of options .

Jun 4, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #3,000 of 3,191
   SAVANT Reshell by Inearz or custom tips other company ? Maybe after this weekends "The Show Newport" , Im over these falling out after trying too many types of tips . These are one my favorite sounding IEM , even better then 8driver CIEM$$$$ I use daily. 

I hope the sound will not change MUCH but Im out of options .

Why not get Noble to do it if they do reshells?  Either that or try and sell the savant and order fresh.  Either way I'm sure you'll be in good hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back