InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Mar 9, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #1,051 of 3,191

Quote:
My refits just came back, but they're still too loose... how do you guys write on the order form to thicken the canal portions of the IEM's? I need them thickened still, but if they're only adding a tiny bit of material at a time, then that means I would have to send them back like 3-4 times before getting it correct. I'm wondering if I just had crappy impressions from the start...? I'm comparing the reshells with my UE4 and UE11's, and the UE IEM's are noticeably thicker in the canal portion than the reshelled TF10's.

I guess ours is the exact opposite. Mine are so tight after a while I will actually get a soar in my ear from using them too long. Hopefully they can resolve this otherwise my ears may be incompatible with customs :frowning2:

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #1,052 of 3,191
I've seen the suggestion of ear lubricant or saliva by either average joe or joker...it takes a couple of weeks to get used to.

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #1,053 of 3,191

Quote:
I've seen the suggestion of ear lubricant or saliva by either average joe or joker...it takes a couple of weeks to get used to.

I don't think I could get use to that. It literally causes cuts in my ears on the bottom part of my ear canal. The upper part of the mold also hugs the upper region of my ear too tight and causes pain as well. Not to mention the seal is so tight its closing my ear canal, thus muffling the sound and even causing fatigue and headache. So I'll need the actual nozzle to be shaved down somewhat, also the base and upper part of the IEM will need to be shaved down a bit.

Mar 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #1,054 of 3,191
Man that sucks, time for a refit.

Quote:
I don't think I could get use to that. It literally causes cuts in my ears on the bottom part of my ear canal. The upper part of the mold also hugs the upper region of my ear too tight and causes pain as well. Not to mention the seal is so tight its closing my ear canal, thus muffling the sound and even causing fatigue and headache. So I'll need the actual nozzle to be shaved down somewhat, also the base and upper part of the IEM will need to be shaved down a bit.

Mar 10, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #1,055 of 3,191

Quote:
I guess ours is the exact opposite. Mine are so tight after a while I will actually get a soar in my ear from using them too long. Hopefully they can resolve this otherwise my ears may be incompatible with customs :frowning2:

Ahhhh that sucks... hearing these comments is making me very nervous about my own reshells. Still, hoping for the best... I really don't want to prepare for the worst.

Mar 10, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #1,056 of 3,191
Mine fit spot on the first time.

Mar 10, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #1,057 of 3,191
Hmm.. I've just been swapping back and forth between my universal TF10's and the reshells, and I'm a bit confused also. The sound on the reshells sound pretty different. Also, the reshells have a weird imbalance. Like when I listen to "Banana Pancakes" by Jack Johnson, most of the guitar sounds are coming from the left IEM, while the right IEM seems to be producing most of the bass. And the imaging of the vocals is odd too. On the universal TF10's and on my UE11's, the voice seems to be centered inside my head, while the reshelled TF10's seems to have the vocals sort of more on the left side of my head. 

lol. I wish I had a better way of describing this. I should probably send them back and ask Fisher about this, but I don't quite know how to describe the problem. I used the universal TF10's for about a month to make sure everything was good before sending them out to be reshelled. =/

Mar 10, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #1,058 of 3,191

Quote:
no it is not a custom color... here is another picture

These aren't doing the color any justice because i dont have a pic with a black background and awesome lighting.

atsmile.gif
 ice blue it is then!
atsmile.gif

Thanks for the pic!

Mar 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #1,059 of 3,191
about banana pancakes, i tried to compare to listen to this song by a iEM Shure PTH500 and the JH-16 Customs and i can inform you that it is normal, what you are experiencing.
On a normal IEM , the guitar is more centered, the whole soundstage is not that wide. But when i use he customes, the guitar is most on the left, the bass on the right. About the vocals, pretty much centrered for me. 

However, i understand your concern and it can drive you mad once you really think something is not centered.

I had a long time the same feeling with my JH-16 but it really just seemed to be in my head. However, i continue to compare and try to be sure.

Mar 10, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #1,060 of 3,191
btw. anyone know of some reference material where you can verify if an IEM is having a true balance and L<>R are perfectly tuned at the same volume?

And if you have an IEM with several driver, for example the JH-16 can it be that some driver are not tuned and different in volume, so you experience a slight shift of bass, treble or midrange?
that would be crazy but is it possible?

Mar 10, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #1,062 of 3,191
I noticed this too, I've heard the vocals are recorded slightly on the left, bass on the right.  I thought I was going mad for a bit, you get used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back