InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Apr 11, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #1,501 of 3,191
Well, I got my reshells back after the first round of returns. Cosmetically they're still not quite what I had envisioned but barring any fitting issues, I think I'm satisfied with them.
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #1,502 of 3,191
I think they look pretty good.  

Apr 11, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #1,503 of 3,191

I like them, is that a red and blue translucent swirl? Didn't know they could do translucent swirls or else I would have gotten a swirl!
Quote:
Well, I got my reshells back after the first round of returns. Cosmetically they're still not quite what I had envisioned but barring any fitting issues, I think I'm satisfied with them.
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #1,504 of 3,191
Oh that makes plenty of sense now.

Heres to hoping the work will be one and done.

Yeah, it's always good to hope that, but I've found that after I got my original TF10's back, I'm more anxious about getting them right than having them done right on the first time... I don't know if that makes sense. Another head-fi'er mentioned something about how the anticipation of getting them the first time is always much worse than when you send them back out for a refit haha.

I can say that's pretty true. They'll get to my TF10s when they do. Hopefully they turn out well, but if they don't, they're going right back!!

On a side-note, has anyone received email replies from Kaysen lately? I sent her an email yesterday and she hasn't replied. I remember when I sent in my original order, she was pretty good about replying within one business day. Also, anyone know the turnaround time expected for now (I hope it's not 6 weeks like it took the first time around).

Apr 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #1,505 of 3,191

Quote:
Oh wow, you too huh? I just called in and got an appointment for impressions set for this Monday. Hope yours come out well. I'm nOT looking forward to the possibility of a refit :\
Just noticEd that the stupid phone browser didn't properly quote Option12 in regards to his ES5 :l

Are you looking to send in ES5's as well? More than hoping the refit is good, I hope the sound signature doesn't change too dramatically :S.

---- edit: i couldn't figure out how to quote you on the above post after I posted it.... -----

Apr 11, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #1,506 of 3,191
I would think the signature would be more likely to change more on a universal to custom than custom reshell, but I don't know just my thoughts.  I'm hoping my JH-16 doesn't change too much too...

Quote:
Yeah, it's always good to hope that, but I've found that after I got my original TF10's back, I'm more anxious about getting them right than having them done right on the first time... I don't know if that makes sense. Another head-fi'er mentioned something about how the anticipation of getting them the first time is always much worse than when you send them back out for a refit haha.
I can say that's pretty true. They'll get to my TF10s when they do. Hopefully they turn out well, but if they don't, they're going right back!!
On a side-note, has anyone received email replies from Kaysen lately? I sent her an email yesterday and she hasn't replied. I remember when I sent in my original order, she was pretty good about replying within one business day. Also, anyone know the turnaround time expected for now (I hope it's not 6 weeks like it took the first time around).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24
Oh wow, you too huh? I just called in and got an appointment for impressions set for this Monday. Hope yours come out well. I'm nOT looking forward to the possibility of a refit :\
Just noticEd that the stupid phone browser didn't properly quote Option12 in regards to his ES5 :l
Are you looking to send in ES5's as well? More than hoping the refit is good, I hope the sound signature doesn't change too dramatically :S.

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #1,507 of 3,191

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24

I didnt get a response email about my shipping refund. I got part of it yesterday, but then sent another email saying she refunded the wrong amount. No response to that one as of yet, they still owe me $8. Hopefully she will take care of it, if not I will send another.

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #1,509 of 3,191
@ Kimchee, Yeah, you're probably right. I was told to be very specific with them - i.e. not to change the filters, the number of bores, the width of the bores - if possible, the crossovers

I was happy to have gotten this advice, as I've never done this before. Does anyone have any experience with InEarz and custom reshells? Would love to hear some feedback/input into this!

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #1,510 of 3,191

Quote:
I didnt get a response email about my shipping refund. I got part of it yesterday, but then sent another email saying she refunded the wrong amount. No response to that one as of yet, they still owe me $8. Hopefully she will take care of it, if not I will send another.

Yeah, I think if I don't get a reply tomorrow, I might put in a call. I want them to do my ES5s with the same impressions that made my TF10s. The fit was spot on except the position of the cable sockets was messing with isolation - Kaysen told me they needed to make the body thicker so it doesn't impact fit.

ETAT (expected turn-around time) anyone?

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #1,511 of 3,191

Quote:
I like them, is that a red and blue translucent swirl? Didn't know they could do translucent swirls or else I would have gotten a swirl!

If you do decide to change your order, i highly recommend sending a picture of the type of swirl you want. The problem with mine is they only look like what I wanted with the camera flash on. In normal lighting they actually look quite dull:

With flash:                                                                             Without flash:                                                                      What I wanted:

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #1,512 of 3,191

Quote:

If you do decide to change your order, i highly recommend sending a picture of the type of swirl you want. The problem with mine is they only look like what I wanted with the camera flash on. In normal lighting they actually look quite dull:

With flash:                                                                             Without flash:                                                                      What I wanted:

I could see how translucent might make swirls a little harder to see, mine being solid, makes it obvious. Was your swirl suppose to also include the faceplate?

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #1,513 of 3,191
I haven't received any email responses this week either, perhaps they are short of workers.

Quote:

@5370H55V, I see what you mean, does look unnoticeable under normal circumstances.

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #1,514 of 3,191

I was quoted 2 and a half weeks then.
Quote:
Yeah, I think if I don't get a reply tomorrow, I might put in a call. I want them to do my ES5s with the same impressions that made my TF10s. The fit was spot on except the position of the cable sockets was messing with isolation - Kaysen told me they needed to make the body thicker so it doesn't impact fit.

ETAT (expected turn-around time) anyone?

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #1,515 of 3,191

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0ussteven /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@5370H55V, I see what you mean, does look unnoticeable under normal circumstances.

Yeah, if you want to try a swirl, I would recommend using opaque colors instead of translucent.

Quote:
I could see how translucent might make swirls a little harder to see, mine being solid, makes it obvious. Was your swirl suppose to also include the faceplate?

No. I wanted a red logo, so I decided to get a dark grey faceplate to provide some contrast. The first time they gave me a red logo and clear faceplate by mistake, which didn't really stand out with the mostly red body. That was the reason I had to send them in to Fisher again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back