Indonesian portable DAP prototype discussion (split from Tera Player thread)
Dec 29, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #316 of 391
Still (im)patiently waiting to place my order!

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #318 of 391
In the meanwhile there is the amazing and very adorable Walnut V2, Ron, go check it out.

I like the screenless simplicity but lack of shuffle is a deal-breaker for me as the vast majority of my listening is via shuffle mode.

Jan 1, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #319 of 391
Teriplayer G1 DAP + Nuansa A1 Amp is the official nmatheis Find Of The Year for 2016 in the minimalist stack category!

OK, I realize I'm stretching it a bit with a minimalist stack category, lol. But these two really do sound amazing as a stack. Can't wait for a bit more fw development once the new DAP with multibit DAC is out.

Jan 1, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #320 of 391
Teriplayer G1 DAP + Nuansa A1 Amp is the official @nmatheis Find Of The Year for 2016 in the minimalist stack category!

OK, I realize I'm stretching it a bit with a minimalist stack category, lol. But these two really do sound amazing as a stack. Can't wait for a bit more fw development once the new DAP with multibit DAC is out.

Would be nice if we could all buy one...

Also seems everyone is moved onto the Walnut V2 now

Jan 1, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #321 of 391
Would be nice if we could all buy one...

Also seems everyone is moved onto the Walnut V2 now

I may be wrong, but I'm thinking Teri G1 abd Walnut are probably on a different level where technical design is concerned. I'll have to get one of those Walnuts and see, I guess. And maybe tjstyle can let us know if he has any thoughts on this.

And when tjstyle unleashes his DAP with multibit DAC, well let's just say I'm drooling over that already!

Jan 1, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #323 of 391
Yes probably they are completely different, from build quality to SQ, but considering the price of the Walnut V2 is only 26 USD free shipping there is nothing to complain about.

I understand where you're coming from, and I'm going to hop on the Walnut bandwagon and order one today to compare with my Teri G1. If you know a good, reputable seller please PM me. I've seen complaints about some in the Walnut thread.

Jan 1, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #324 of 391
Yes probably they are completely different, from build quality to SQ, but considering the price of the Walnut V2 is only 26 USD free shipping there is nothing to complain about.

I understand where you're coming from, and I'm going to hop on the Walnut bandwagon and order one today to compare with my Teri G1. If you know a good, reputable seller please PM me. I've seen complaints about some in the Walnut thread.

PM sent.

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #326 of 391
Just opening international order for Nuansa A1 (headphone amp).
Nuansa P1 is on the way for production just for 10pcs first, I will split that for Indonesian and international order.

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #330 of 391
Thanks to the generosity of Matheis, I have been able to audition both the Teri Player G1 and the Nuansa A1 headphone amplifier as well as roll some opamps in the Teri. To put it mildly, I was amazed at the quality of the Teri! Having previously owned a Tera Player, I am fond of screenless DAPs, but those that can be considered truly "Audiophile" quality are in very short supply.

I evaluated the Teri using my CF Vega, Lyra, IT03 and q-Jays v2 IEMs and my Sony F1 and AQ Nighthawk. In all cases the sound quality was simply stunning and IMO, compares favorably with what I would consider to be TOTL players. All music files were .wav rips that I have used for testing many times and am quite familiar with. These include male and female vocals, acoustic, classical and some binaural tunes.

In all cases and with all of my phones, I found the vocal and instrumental timbre to be very lifelike. Imaging had excellent width and depth with very accurate instrumental/voice placement. Dynamics were especially well presented, with never any distortion or clipping at any volume setting that I was able to tolerate. I did select about 4 opamps that I thought sounded particularly good and included them when I returned the devices to Nikolaus. I look forward to his impressions of their performance.

As the Teri is quite a powerful player, I spent less time with the A1 amplfier. I did connect it via the line-out of my DX200 and to my ears, I could hear little, if any, difference in SQ between the DX200 headphone output and the A1 headphone output. This tells me that the A1 is a very clean and uncolored amplifier and given the very small size, should make a very nice package for those who need extra amplification for hard to drive phones.

My hat is off to TJ for his brilliance in designing these fine instruments. I do look forward to the upcoming multi-bit Revamp P1 and hope to be fortunate enough to acquire one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back