Indexes don't refresh, some threads keep refreshing
Nov 3, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #38 of 78
Managed to install Firefox by deleting the previous download and downloading the latest version (instead of having it automatically write over the old one or make another new file alongside it), and this time it installed normally. I did this because new problems cropped up in Chrome: really, really, reeeeeeally slow loading of the editing page (whether I hit Quote or Reply, the editing options don't load; I managed to load it by going out to eat, then by the time I came back 20mins later, it's there). Typing is also laggy. Worse, at some point Chrome despite the pop-up blocker had an ad that only comes out when I'm on Head-Fi. I clicked on it accidentally, and it brought me to Ali Baba. What.

Now I got Firefox installed, and on both the laptop and the desktop everything seems fine, but then at some point everything it laggy. I'm scrolling down a page, it freezes (every other window and program are working normally); I'm typing, it gets laggy; I'm reading, then whatever I decide to do next, it freezes first.

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #39 of 78
Happened to me again tonight after a Chrome update on Android from the playstore. (Mobile version) reinstall of Chrome fixed the issue. It's becoming a little too repetitive for my liking.

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #43 of 78
After over a month of no issues it started again for me yesterday. Cleared everything as stated before and it was back to normal, but it started again this morning and had to clear it all a second time :frowning2:

Nov 26, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #44 of 78
Everytime Chrome auto updates it happens again, I must clean my browser history and cache to correct the issue.

Please, please try and fix this, it's been going on for almost 1.5 months now.

There has to be a fix, it happens on my smartphones and my laptop all using Chrome every time they update. I've had to turn off my auto updates on my mobile devices to prevent reinstalling Chrome every time they update, this means none of my other apps are able to update automatically because of the problem.

I must clean my browser history and cache on my PC/laptop every single time which signs me out of all my social media sites and it's becoming very tiresome.

Please try and look into this further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back