Indexes don't refresh, some threads keep refreshing
Dec 11, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #61 of 78
Been covered ad nauseam, but just wanted to say I've been having issues with this for the past 5 months or so. Infinite refresh loop, subscriptions not being updated, entire threads not showing the most recent posts, being notified of PMs that don't exist. Much worse on the mobile website using Chrome. No issues like this on any of the hundreds of other mobile websites I visit on a weekly basis. I shouldn't have to clear my cache or cookies for a temp fix.

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #67 of 78
You can access that in Chrome under More Tools.  Just an easier route to that.  It's worth digging deep (see above post) if you want to target "head-fi" cookies without deleting all cookies.  You'll have to get to the proper screen, but it is accessible under Advanced Settings.  Sorry, too late for screen shots here 
wink.gif

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #70 of 78
  @bulkie - Thanks for the report.  I'll add it to the ticket.  

Are you using Google Sync on those computers?

FWIW, I'm using Google Sync (Everything) on the two Win7 64-bit PCs where I've experienced the problem, but the cache clearing alone seems to solve it for me.  Now I want it to happen again so I can re-test the fix... old software testers die hard 
wink.gif

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #71 of 78
I recently had an issue with bookmarks where Google Sync threw me for a loop.  I would delete a bunch of bookmarks from my toolbar in Chrome from all my devices, but they would just keep coming back.  I found that disabling Google Sync, removing the bookmarks, clearing the cache, then shutting down and restarting the browsers on all devices before re-enabling Google Sync fixed that issue.

While I'm not sure it would be a fix in this instance, knowing it worked for that instance and finding that Sync is also moving over visited sites from device to device, it couldn't hurt to try.

Jan 25, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #72 of 78
Chrome and Mozilla started screwing up the Editor just now. Editing options on do not show up above the text box, and if I click "Quote" it goes directly into the Full Page Editor, and editing options are not shown either. Quoted text looks more like a manual code in the absence of the editing options above the box.

I took a screenshot, but then I realized the button for uploading a photo isn't there... :p

Jan 25, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #74 of 78
Chrome and Mozilla started screwing up the Editor just now. Editing options on do not show up above the text box, and if I click "Quote" it goes directly into the Full Page Editor, and editing options are not shown either. Quoted text looks more like a manual code in the absence of the editing options above the box.

I took a screenshot, but then I realized the button for uploading a photo isn't there... :p

Strange.  I see the editor options in both the Quick and Full modes in the latest (v.40) version of Chrome.

Also, I've not experienced the problem that is the subject of this thread in a few weeks.

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #75 of 78
  It sounds like the editor wasn't fully loading.

Are you seeing the editor tools now?

If not, have you made any system changes or extension changes prior to seeing this issue?

I haven't, but there's something really weird with Chrome recently. It keeps on resetting the default search engine, and if I just set it to Google, it won't load because of browser settings; I have to go into LAN settings and reset it to autodetect. It keeps resetting all that in both my computers. And the reason why I don't just use Firefox is that its pop up blockers never work right. I open a section of the forum here, and several pop-up windows will open; plus the left side of the window opens its own margin pop-up.

Strange.  I see the editor options in both the Quick and Full modes in the latest (v.40) version of Chrome.

Also, I've not experienced the problem that is the subject of this thread in a few weeks.

I decided to not create a new thread and have this noted here instead, in case the problem really might be something about Chrome (and maybe Firefox). I've reinstalled both and Chrome is running fine for now; the mobile app is still screwed up though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back