Indexes don't refresh, some threads keep refreshing
Oct 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

ProtegeManiac

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi moderators, will just report a couple of bugs that cropped up tonight:

1) Forum indexes don't refresh. I can see a new thread highlighted in the headings of each forum here, or the Subscriptions notifications can flag replies and if I click there it takes me to the page, but when I click on for example the Introductions forum or the Full-size Headphones forum, it displays the index as it was in my last log-in - greyed-out pages that have been read/replied to at the top not showing the new threads not indicating any replies to any of such threads (despite the notification).

2) Some threads keep refreshing ad infinitum. I can scroll down, but it goes back to the top, blinking; clicking on anything is next to impossible.

I'm using a Win7 64bit machine running Chrome.

Thanks!

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #3 of 78
same here......no editor when I reply to post either....cant post pics or change font....that stuff

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #4 of 78
Still happening. On the main forum index, subscription alert says 21 replies in threads I posted on; I click on "Introductions etc" and I see the list of threads just as I left it prior to the bugs, and alert is down to 1 thread.

EDIT : For the most part, the forum works normally on Internet Explorer (I was using Chrome), save for the fullpage editor not having all the format/font/etc options, or that editing an existing post takes me to the full page editor instead of editing on the same page.

Oct 19, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #5 of 78
Yep. I'm having the same problem with the forum list not being current when logged in via Google Chrome

Just took that screenshot.

However, I opened up Mozilla Firefox where I'm not logged in, and everything in the Introductions forum seems to be fine.

Oct 19, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #6 of 78
This started happening to me as well this morning. (everything being mentioned above)

Windows 7 / Google Chrome.

Oct 20, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #7 of 78
Head-Fi has gone seriously wonky on Chrome + Windows 7 64-bit for me as well from this morning onwards. Threads not updating with new posts. Some threads are continually refreshing. Everything is fine on Safari on my Mac.

Oct 20, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #8 of 78
I've switched over to Fire Fox for the time being and everything works fine, I also tried Opera browser no problems there. (using these alternatives will keep you going for now). I just have two browsers open, Fire Fox for Head-fi and Chrome for everything else.

I think something has gone a miss with one of the Google Chrome updates because my mobile version was doing the same Head-fi related things a few days ago, however in that instance a reinstall of the Chrome app corrected my problems. Reinstalling Chrome on my laptop earlier today however has not fixed the issue.

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #9 of 78
I figured out what the problem is with Chrome. It's a cookie issue. I went into

Settings->Advanced->Content Settings->All Cookies and Site Data

and I removed all the cookies associated with Head-Fi. The Introductions forum display refreshed properly to where it should be. Now I have to see if it lasts.

However, that doesn't tell us whether it's Head-Fi's CMS causing the problem, or Google Chrome. If I were the CMS administrators, I'd have the database clear all the cookies in the CMS so that they reset to see if that takes care of it for everyone. Otherwise, most users won't think to do this nor read this thread.

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #10 of 78
I figured out what the problem is with Chrome. It's a cookie issue. I went into

Settings->Advanced->Content Settings->All Cookies and Site Data

and I removed all the cookies associated with Head-Fi. The Introductions forum display refreshed properly to where it should be. Now I have to see if it lasts.

However, that doesn't tell us whether it's Head-Fi's CMS causing the problem, or Google Chrome. If I were the CMS administrators, I'd have the database clear all the cookies in the CMS so that they reset to see if that takes care of it for everyone. Otherwise, most users won't think to do this nor read this thread.

Thanks Cel, this seemed to have worked for me.

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #11 of 78
You can clear out cookies specific to Head-Fi as well, without removing any others... While on the site here, right click anywhere and click on 'Inspect Element.' Go to the 'Resources' tab, and click the 'Cookies' disclosure triangle in the left panel. Click on 'www.head-fi.org,' and click the slashed circle in the panel to the right. After this you can close the inspector, or just close the tab and start fresh.

Oct 20, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #12 of 78
You can clear out cookies specific to Head-Fi as well, without removing any others... While on the site here, right click anywhere and click on 'Inspect Element.' Go to the 'Resources' tab, and click the 'Cookies' disclosure triangle in the left panel. Click on 'www.head-fi.org,' and click the slashed circle in the panel to the right. After this you can close the inspector, or just close the tab and start fresh.

The method I described allows one to do the same thing. But yeah. This is a bit simpler :)

Oct 20, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #13 of 78
this has been happening to me so i tried this method of clearing hte cookies.  it worked momentarily.  when i logged back in, the issues came back and still had my old subscriptions showing "new subscriptions" but they were a week and two days old.  

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #14 of 78
The method I described allows one to do the same thing. But yeah. This is a bit simpler
smily_headphones1.gif

Gotcha - for some reason I didn't think you could narrow down what cookies you were clearing out from the Settings pane… oops!

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #15 of 78
Deleted cookies, no improvement on Chrome. Internet Explorer works properly on indexes, but when I hit Quote or Reply, it takes me to the full page editor but the editing options above the text box doesn't load.

Unfortunately my laptop has errors on Firefox (FlashPlayer issues, pop-up blocker doesn't work on pop-ups but affects websites that open when left clicked, etc) so what I'm doing for now is opening the indexes on Explorer, then I cut and paste the URL of pages I'm replying to and open it on Chrome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back