Indetify possibly ancient headphones
Jul 22, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #31 of 48
OP, have you had time to listen to these cans yet?

God I'm getting all excited seeing old gear and all I wanted to read was OP's impressions of the SQ on these k145s.  Please, do us a favor and post your impressions when you can a chance, I'd love to read it. 

Jul 22, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #32 of 48
lol i will, i ordered and adaptor tha was supposed to be here today, if its not here by days end ill drive to radioshack.

Jul 22, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #33 of 48
This might be a stretch, but has anyone contacted Koss about these?  I know earlier in the thread someone said that he went to the Koss "Museum of Cans" and couldn't even find this set on display.  Was this some sort of failed experiment not even worth a mention in the footnotes of Koss's history?

Jul 22, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #34 of 48
idk, i emailed them and they havent replied. maybe someone else could try and email them and include picture from my OP.

Jul 22, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #35 of 48
This might be a stretch, but has anyone contacted Koss about these?  I know earlier in the thread someone said that he went to the Koss "Museum of Cans" and couldn't even find this set on display.  Was this some sort of failed experiment not even worth a mention in the footnotes of Koss's history?

Makes it seem like they were the reject child that no-one speaks of haha

Jul 22, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #36 of 48
@Acreo (can't quote from my phone) there are a lot of holes in the museum. They don't have the Technician VFR in there either and they're one of the coolest things Koss had ever made.

Jul 22, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #37 of 48

Quote:
@Acreo (can't quote from my phone) there are a lot of holes in the museum. They don't have the Technician VFR in there either and they're one of the coolest things Koss had ever made.

Ouch, not that I even know what the Technician VFR is.  xD  Guess we'll see how Koss responds to Zeron's email.  Maybe they could offer some better insights into those cans.  :)

Jul 23, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #38 of 48
The VFR's are one of the first mechanically customizable headphones. They don't sound too great, but they're interesting nonetheless.

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #39 of 48
ive heard them with 1/8 in adaptor from stock sound. in 2-3 days ill have a e7/e9 combo. and i will post review after hearing from that.

Jul 29, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #40 of 48
well. problem.. only the left side is working. must be in the driver. these things are nearly desctructible and idk how to begin top crack in to them. its mettal all around.

Jul 29, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #41 of 48

I love the way OP's headphones look, square shaped headphones are just so unique. Never knew drivers are this cheap, I mean, a pair of drivers that costs roughly 10% of the price of the original headphones (W5000), even if your own DIY version sounds no where near as good, it should still beat headphones that costs the same price right? I'm going to try making my own headphones when i have the spare cash 
atsmile.gif

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #42 of 48

Quote:
well. problem.. only the left side is working. must be in the driver. these things are nearly desctructible and idk how to begin top crack in to them. its mettal all around.

Take the pads off, there should be screws.

Jul 30, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #43 of 48
nor screws... rivetts.. to screw through the rivetts would ruin the cassing.

Jul 31, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #44 of 48
bump it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back