Incredible I feel! MDR V55
Feb 12, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #46 of 102
You might be better suited with the JVC HA-S500s, they are creating a storm at the moment. :wink:

My MDR-V55s barely get any use nowadays, and its all thanks to the JVCs.

May 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #49 of 102
Hello,
I see that you have both the XB500 that the V55.

Which are the best?
(I am looking for a sound with deep bass and extended with the mid not annoying.'s I will use with my mp3 player Creative Zen.)
What do you recommend?

May 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #50 of 102
s500 destroys them all. have hear/owned them all.

That's so true!

Hello,
I see that you have both the XB500 that the V55.

Which are the best?
(I am looking for a sound with deep bass and extended with the mid not annoying.'s I will use with my mp3 player Creative Zen.)
What do you recommend?

XB500 has deeper bass extention.

May 20, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #51 of 102
Hey I have both the zx700 and the xb700 and I want a smaller size headphone about the size of solo beats. So I was wondering if the v55 is about that small and I was wondering how strong is the clamp force for this headphone. i usually like to wear the headphones so its on the back of the head and not on top. I have puffy hair so I look kinda stupid since my hair flattens where the headband sits and it doesnt go away.  Also if you guys know of any other headphones thats about the size of the solos and cost around $50 please let me know. Also how is the xb400 compare to v55.

May 20, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #52 of 102
Hey I have both the zx700 and the xb700 and I want a smaller size headphone about the size of solo beats. So I was wondering if the v55 is about that small and I was wondering how strong is the clamp force for this headphone. i usually like to wear the headphones so its on the back of the head and not on top. I have puffy hair so I look kinda stupid since my hair flattens where the headband sits and it doesnt go away. Also if you guys know of any other headphones thats about the size of the solos and cost around $50 please let me know. Also how is the xb400 compare to v55.

JVC HA-S500 :wink:

May 20, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #53 of 102
@Lifted Andreas

DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol they look nice would of been better if it was only a single side cord but other than that how does the sound compare to the xb700 and zx700. I want a headphone that has enough bass to be happy with and some clarity basically a headphone between the two I have. 

May 21, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #54 of 102
I haven't owned the ones you're talking about, however I'm sure you will be pleased with the S500s. They definitely have sufficient bass with stock pads and are very portable without looking ridiculous on your head.

They are also lighter than the V55s, so much nicer to wear for longer periods.

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #55 of 102
i dont know about the others but i own the v55, initially its good, however not recommended for prolong use and i dont have a large head.. get to hot. for a rock, hip pop, rnb lover its great for it price but not enough. It get distorted when i use fiio e11 with it on ceertain songs.. 

Recently brought a fiio x3, waiting for it to arrived.. Thinking to pull my trigger on a new headphone,  maybe the new hype of Jvc S500, or higher tier, sony MdR-1R, Denon hp700 or es700.... im lost....

Jun 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #56 of 102
Selling my V55s if anyone is interested. :smile:

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #57 of 102
Just bought a pair of these for $50 and free next day shipping. They're perfectly comfortable for me, and I have a larger than average head. I primarily listen to hip hop and bass heavy Indie like chillwave, and these are quite suited to that. Before this I owned ath fc700a cans and I prefer the sonys overall. The ath cans sounded great, but the v55s have an enjoyable sound profile for the music I listen to, are far more comfortable, and I love the single, flat cord- I've had no problems with the length. I wouldn't use these for dj or studio work (if you're a professional I assume you can afford to drop more than $50 anyways), but for pure enjoyment they are more than worth the price. Ive experienced no creaking, the bleeding isn't bad enough to bother me, no pinching or headaches, and zero noticeable distortion even at max volume- in short, the negative reviews I read here that worried me before I decided to purchase them have not reflected my experience whatsoever.

Sep 2, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #59 of 102
I have the v55's. I like them using the beats audio enhancement on my old HTC Amaze 4G and Poweramp. However I was not impressed with these phones when I was using my LG Optimus l9 I guess because the L9 does not sound as good as the Amaze 4G. I will keep the v55's for a little while but I do prefer my ATH-ES7's over these. The bass is decent but the ES7's always sounded a bit lively and the bass is controlled when the volume goes up. I have these for now since I have to use public transportation but I will shuck these once I get another pair of ES7's

Oct 5, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #60 of 102
So I picked these up for 20€. It's okay. Pretty strong bass and right in a sweetspot for me in terms of texture of the bass, upper bass is quite snappy and solid and down low it loosens up a bit, but never flabby. Highs could use a bit more sparkle, it sounds a little dry and rough to me, but not too harsh, unless things get very busy in the track, then it falls apart IMO. Soundstage is decent.

Where it falls short for me is the vocals, while quite detailed female vocals sound slightly tinny and unnatural but I only notice this when comparing it to the much more expensive AKG K267. Hard to describe. It's like on the V55 you hear the artist on stage in a concert hall, and on the K267 you are in the studio with your ear next to the artists mic :p I also think the AKG's instrument separation is way better. But that was to be expected anyway.

The point is I find the V55's to be very enjoyable on their own. Comfortwise I think they are good despite little padding. Clamping force is not too high on my head and they are a secure fit. They don't isolate very well but sound leakage is not too bad imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back