Incredible I feel! MDR V55
Oct 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #31 of 102
How can we improve the comfort for this Sony ?
Got mine for $50. Excellent purchase but it hurts my right ear if I extend its usage beyond 1 hour. Already tried loosening by leaving it open on a shoe box.

Did someone try a better ear pad for this ?

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #32 of 102
Quote:
How can we improve the comfort for this Sony ?
Got mine for $50. Excellent purchase but it hurts my right ear if I extend its usage beyond 1 hour. Already tried loosening by leaving it open on a shoe box.

Did someone try a better ear pad for this ?

Mine are fine but you could try getting thicker pads, measure the pads, MDR-V500/700 MAY be the same diameter.

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #33 of 102
I got a pair of black & white ones 3-4 months ago... couldn't be happier. :D

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #37 of 102
Quote:
This the issue here, I bought these after reading positive reviews about them, I have tried them with my new Sony vaio (ivy bridge) laptop, creative x-fi hd and on iphone. They work fine on iPhone without the distortion but you won't get any bass (not at least the one which you need for the club music) and if you connect them to a amp or a high power source they distort a lot and yes I have burned them for 48hrs but still I don't find them worth the $100 price tag.
If you only want to use them on iPod and you don't like bass then they are alright, unfortunately as a trance and club music fan I don't liked them at all :S they can't even play my favourite DJ ATB tracks correctly <_<

They have no bass? What other headphones are you comparing them with?

I have a V55 myself, and I certainly don't find the bass lacking. It's no XB-series can, but it holds its own against other DJ-styled headphones.

The only downside I have with them is the terrible pads they use. Apart from that, and for the price I paid, they are surely one of the better basshead cans in that price range.

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #38 of 102
I'm going to do a comparison soon between these and my newly acquired JVC HA-S500's.

For a short view on the differences check out my post in that thread.

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #40 of 102
Did you ever get a chance to do the comparison? I'm very interested in your findings.

I did mate.

In short version, the JVCs sound much better. Fuller, the bass has more vibrancy and accuracy. Which isn't surprising considering the Carbon Nanotube drivers.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #42 of 102
Quote:
These or the Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2s?

I would go with the PRO700MK2. it's a better basshead can all-round - better bass quality, more rumble in sub-bass, better build, scales better with amping/EQing.

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #43 of 102
I would go with the PRO700MK2. it's a better basshead can all-round - better bass quality, more rumble in sub-bass, better build, scales better with amping/EQing.

ATH ES700 would be worth a shot too.

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #44 of 102
Quote:
Please forgive, first post.

I own these headphones, I know a little about the burn in process and assumed with the use I had given them they were 'in'. 
But in saying that I found Adele to sound really pitchy and cymbals to be a little static-y if that makes sense?

Lately I've been playing some low and high end through my Walkman  to improve this, is that a good idea?  Can it really do harm? 
After only a few plays the sound field sounds wider and lovely Adele sounds far less pitchy with better pronounced S's.

Oh to fix the creak, I do alot of walking with these, I used a few drops of machine oil I got with my electric razor. Not a single creak or judder sound as I walk.

Once, years ago, I used some top quality mil-spec lube (FP-10) on a pair of MDR 7506's, and it caused them to fall apart a few months later.
(It's not petroleum based.)
Since then, I'm super cautious about putting any lube on my headphones.

Feb 12, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #45 of 102
Hello, guys.

Astroid, I stumbled upon your review regarding the Sony MDR-V55. Quite cool. No doubt that according to general opinion, they sound nice.

The question is: how do they compare to Philips CitiScape Uptown or the all-beloved Audio Technica ATH-M50.

I own a old pair of Philips SBC HP460 (a low-end can), and I would very much like to make a first jump in audio quality.

By now, I would be inclined to pay a higher price for the M50 if they are true to provide a better overall experience.

Note: I listen to pop, indie rock, classical, opera, concert, jazz, lyrical, instrumental , dance, trance.

Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back