Incase Sonic
Mar 2, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #16 of 134
Hey guys-  It looks like they're going to hit that 45k number on Facebook real soon- probably tonight.  I'll reply to this thread when it actually does, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads-up.  I'm not sure how long the coupon code works once they announce it.  Man, it's about time!

(Edit)
And it's official!

Wow! We've reached 45,000 fans! As promised, here is a promo code for 45% off: ZOMG45KFANS It's valid for anything on http://goincase.com/  Code expires Saturday, March 3 at 3pm PST.

Mar 3, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #18 of 134

Quote:
Thanks for that. I ordered one, mainly because I can't afford an LP2 or M-100. Or any of Incase's sweet sweet skate or camera bags.

Please reply to this thread with your impressions!!!  I pretty much ran into these headphones by accident at the Apple store and then found this thread.  I went back to reconfirm what I heard several times until they recently remodeled the store and no longer have these on display.  I can't wait to hear them in a quiet place- my place.  I wouldn't call them giant killers, but I thought they sounded really, really good.  And they were crazy comfortable for me.  I'll follow up here with my impressions as well.  (Two more hours to go if you didn't order already!  I'm guessing they might do a 50% for 50k though, which is why I sort of held back to "just" one pair.  
wink.gif
)

Mar 3, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #19 of 134
I will.  I have the least discerning ear, though, at least here where we live, among the buses and trains.  Not a great place for critical listening; one of the main reasons I don't have think of having a killer rig (besides price).  We have to watch movies and TV shows with the captions on.  Even at night.

Mike, you own an M-80, what do you think of the two in comparison?

EDIT:  I see there's some brief comparison on the previous page.  I'd like to find out more, though, seeing as you've had your M-80 for a while now.

Mar 3, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #20 of 134

Quote:
I will.  I have the least discerning ear, though, at least here where we live, among the buses and trains.  Not a great place for critical listening; one of the main reasons I don't have think of having a killer rig (besides price).  We have to watch movies and TV shows with the captions on.  Even at night.

Well, the fact that you're on HF and you showed up to one of the meets is good enough for me.  I think most of us here are a lot closer in hearing capabilities than we think.  Some just express or convey what they hear differently.  
wink.gif
  That's hilarious (in a sad way) about the noise in your area.  But after all, it is the city.

Mike, you own an M-80, what do you think of the two in comparison?

The M80s definitely lean towards fun, especially in the bass department; while these are closer to neutral balance IMO.  BTW, these Sonics (I keep thinking hamburgers or a blue guy running around collecting gold rings) are closed back design.  But I found the isolation on them to be just a tad better than open air cans.  Maybe it was my fit though, or the fact that the Apple store is just plain loud (likely).  

Mar 6, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #23 of 134

Quote:
FYI, Living Social has the Sonic for $72 (free shipping) for a week:

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/491/deals/279714-premium-headphones-free-shipping

The Pivot and Reflex are also on sale.

LOL.  Crap... I just saw that.  Oh well.  I ordered some iPod cases too to make up for the slight loss.  I'm tempted to get another set, but I think I want to listen to them again so I'll wait until mine arrive.  I'm pretty sure they'll have another sale when they hit 50k on FB.

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #26 of 134

Quote:
Hahaha.. I keep going back to the Apple store to re-listen to these, waiting for that 45%.  And I'm pretty much holding steady with my initial impressions.  In fact, I think I labeled these as being on the bright side and even bass light.  I would probably revise that *just slightly* to say that they're a bit more neutral than that.  Bass is definitely adequate, but not heavy by any stretch.  Anyway, this 45% is taking a bit longer than I had anticipated.  So I'm pretty anxious.  At the rate they're going, it looks like it might be sometime mid-March?  I actually want to get another case for my iTouch, so this will work out pretty well for me.  
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Does anyone here have some more lasting impressions? I definitely want to demo these before that 45% off sale begins. To the Apple store!

Quote:
Quote:

Glad more people are giving them a shot. I was at a bit of an advantage and was able to get the discount at any time. 45% would definitely be no brainer purchase for me as well

Hello everyone!
Following a search for reviews on these I found this thread, and saw that some were interested in getting them at good prices.

There is a sale on these on LivingSocial.com (which is why I was looking for reviews) for $76.

Full disclosure: I'm providing my link, because if 3 buy it, I'm getting mine for free: http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/279714?rpi=50703300&ref=personalized-link-box-50703300&rui=21711106

If you don't want to buy through my link (which is perfectly understandable, I'm not even going to go into ethics) the regular link is thishttp://www.livingsocial.com/deals/279714-premium-headphones-+-free-shipping

Regardless of if you buy with my link or not, I do hope this helps those who were interested in getting these headphones.

And thanks everyone for sharing your reviews!

Mar 21, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #27 of 134

Quote:

Full disclosure: I'm providing my link, because if 3 buy it, I'm getting mine for free: http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/279714?rpi=50703300&ref=personalized-link-box-50703300&rui=21711106

If you don't want to buy through my link (which is perfectly understandable, I'm not even going to go into ethics) the regular link is thishttp://www.livingsocial.com/deals/279714-premium-headphones-+-free-shipping

Darn, too bad I just noticed this.  I received my Sonics from the initial 45% off sale- it took a while but they were probably swamped.  And I more or less confirmed my liking for these cans, even though my impressions are a bit different from the ones I got from the numerous in-store auditions.  I'll post my impressions a little later.  Anyway, I ended up ordering another 'backup' pair from the Living Social deal.  I hope more people do get to listen to these because I think they're quite good even at the regular price.

Apr 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #30 of 134
I saw these on Woot and went web crawling for reviews. There were many out there but i found the ones here the most honest and sincere so grabbed them for an out the door price of $82(includes tax and shipping). I am now anxsiously waiting for their arrival and will leave my impressions after using them. I am an all around user of headphones and earbuds,( music ,movies and gaming), mostly flac files only music. I have gone through too many sets of gaming headsets to mention, they just arent comfortable or don't hold up so who knows perhaps these may end up being used primarily for something hardley ever mentioned in ads or reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back