"In Rainbows" - When Do You Think That You'll Get Yours?
Jan 1, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #61 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjapixie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never ordered the box set but bought the cd1 today. Couldn't find cd2 unfortunately.

It comes in a little cardboard sleeve with the booklet and stickers which you are meant to put on an empty jewel case to make the actual cd case (like the commercial). It's a fun idea but if you're physically challenged like me, getting the stickers onto the jewel case will be quite a struggle. I have air bubble all over my front cover. It's a shame because the art work looks spectacular.

Having now listened to the cd, I can say it sounds fantastic. I haven't A/B'ed it against the mp3s but I can't remember the mp3s ever sounding this good.

USA release today, just came back from local Best Buy only $7.99

Comes in digipak fold over flap design, has the two jewel case stickers front/back to apply to your own jewel case as noted above, or just use cardboard sleeve CD is in.

Booklet is very vibrant and colorful with type that will be a challenge to decipher because of the extreme wide spacing for artistic effect

Jan 1, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #62 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USA release today...

I'm confused about that. I bought the CD at the local Fry's two days ago. Maybe they just jumped the gun?

Jan 1, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #63 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm confused about that. I bought the CD at the local Fry's two days ago. Maybe they just jumped the gun?

They must have....I went to circuit city a week ago and they had it out. I took it to the register and their system wouldn't let me buy it. I was pissed, but I thought it wasn't released yet. lol

Jan 3, 2008 at 10:34 AM Post #65 of 71
Anyone know when or if the CD2 will be available?

Jan 3, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #66 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you ordered it or plan to order it, when do you think that we'll get it?
rolleyes.gif

Today!

One of the first in Australia?

Already impressed and I haven't spun it yet! Can't wait to though. I love these disc boxes, I got Sigur Ros Frozen Sea today as well as my Pico, repaired imod and a few other vinyls. Today was like xmas for me!

Jan 3, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #67 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjapixie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know when or if the CD2 will be available?

Considering it was the only unreleased material in the Discbox, hopefully not for a while... But probably eventually.
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #68 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Today!

One of the first in Australia?

Already impressed and I haven't spun it yet! Can't wait to though. I love these disc boxes, I got Sigur Ros Frozen Sea today as well as my Pico, repaired imod and a few other vinyls. Today was like xmas for me!

Hey Congratulations! First one in a whole continent, that's cool! I know that I really love that second disc.

Jan 3, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #69 of 71
"Go Slowly" was one of my favorites from the pre-album tour, so it brought a smile to my face to hear it done justice on CD2. I think that the studio version might be one of the best-produced tracks in the whole In Rainbows song list.

I love the dry mixing on the instruments versus the huge reverb and delay on Thom's vocal. Listen closely and you'll hear Nigel modulating the pitch on the reverb to create an unsettling siren-like effect. Very cool.
smily_headphones1.gif

My one complaint is that it's over-limited, to the point where the acoustic guitars begin to clip and distort and that beautiful reverb on Thom's vocal starts to disappear in the mix.
frown.gif

Can't win 'em all, I guess.

Jan 4, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #70 of 71
My discbox finally arrived (well, it arrived at the office while I was out on vacation, and the disc box is slightly damaged! The top edge of the inside box that opens up and houses all of the media is torn. It's about a 1 inch tear along the edge. I'm 100% sure the package arrived like this. Is anybody else's disc box in such a condition? I'll try to post pics later.

Jan 4, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #71 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by pennylane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the disc box is slightly damaged! The top edge of the inside box that opens up and houses all of the media is torn. It's about a 1 inch tear along the edge. I'm 100% sure the package arrived like this.

That's unfortunate. Here's what the FAQ says:
Quote:

Originally Posted by w.a.s.t.e. Store Advice
24. What should I do if my goods were damaged in transit?

We take a great deal of care when packing orders to make sure that the items you’ve ordered arrive undamaged, however, occasionally goods do get damaged in transit. If you discover something in your order is damaged you should call us on 0118 956 9183 (+44 (0)118 956 9183 from outside the UK), or email stuff@waste.uk.com and explain the situation.

We will arrange for replacements to be sent out to you and instruct you on what to do with the damaged ones. Do not send the damaged items back without having contacted us first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back