"In Rainbows" - When Do You Think That You'll Get Yours?
Dec 21, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #48 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by pennylane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any west coasters get there box yet? I'm hoping mine arrives by Friday, as I shipped it to work and I'm going out of town for the holidays.

Mine arrived Wednesday in SF. It is a beautiful set and the additional tracks are good upon one listen.

Dec 24, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #49 of 71
Got it today! Day before X-mas.

Radiohead on vinyl really is something special. Keep forgetting to switch to 45 when I put it on though. The new stuff is pretty good too.

Dec 25, 2007 at 10:10 AM Post #50 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The custom-cut edges on the records make them a little more difficult to put back into the folds than typical square sleeves, but that's my only complaint.
biggrin.gif

I've noticed that and also the Cd's don't want to sit back on the little rubber holders the same once you have taken them off.

I think for £40 it was well worth it.

Dec 25, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #51 of 71
Instead of starting a new thread I'll add this here about the Japanese CD version. (Sorry if it's OT. I'll repost it if the OP asks.)

I just happen to be in Sapporo yesterday because I took Christmas off to see some family-friends. (Christmas is mostly like any other day in Japan. See my post for more.) I thought the Japanese edition was out on Dec 26th but walked into Tower Records and immediately saw a big display right. I think I pushed a man out of the way to grab a copy. Man was I happy! What perfect timing! I was also happy discovering that not only is the Japanese version out before the N.A. edition (we are rabid Radiohead-heads in Japan) but the cover is different too. Instead of the title being strictly Romaji, the front of the Japanese cover transitions to Kanatana. (I've hotlinked to the Amazon Japan's image. I hope it works.) It's great! I got back too late from Sapporo and didn't feel like turn my yammy on and letting it warm. Tonight for sure! I've bought 3 out of 4 of Radiohead's last releases on the first day (missed Amnesiac because I was holidaying), surprisingly, I don't feel anymore complete as a human being for having gone through the effort.

61rL2vj9nGL._SS500_.jpg

Dec 28, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #52 of 71
If anyone has the capability, I'd be interested in seeing quality tests of the In Rainbows CDs with Nero's utilities. Upon closer examination, I've discovered some hair-like fibers in the acrylic layer of the CDs, and have also found the discs difficult to rip.

It's the first pressing, and it was done by Warner on short notice, so I guess it's forgivable.

Dec 29, 2007 at 8:37 AM Post #54 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, put CD2 into your computer and navigate to the drive for a little surprise.
biggrin.gif

Cheers for the head's up. I would have missed that. Great pics
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #55 of 71
how does it sound?
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2007 at 9:31 AM Post #56 of 71
I never ordered the box set but bought the cd1 today. Couldn't find cd2 unfortunately.

It comes in a little cardboard sleeve with the booklet and stickers which you are meant to put on an empty jewel case to make the actual cd case (like the commercial). It's a fun idea but if you're physically challenged like me, getting the stickers onto the jewel case will be quite a struggle. I have air bubble all over my front cover. It's a shame because the art work looks spectacular.

Having now listened to the cd, I can say it sounds fantastic. I haven't A/B'ed it against the mp3s but I can't remember the mp3s ever sounding this good.

Dec 30, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #57 of 71
I just ripped tracks off of Disc One of "In Rainbows." I always rip the tracks in 320 KBPS/AAC. However, after I had taken every track off of the CD, I noticed in iTunes that some of the tracks were 320, but others were 318, 319, 312, 315. This has never happened to me before with any other CD. Would anybody know of a reason why this would happen...?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back