In need of serious advice
Nov 14, 2010 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

melkor12

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am a noob when it comes to headphones. I have recently registered to learn more and get my first set of serious headphones. However, I was confused more than I learned reading the forum. I would really appreciate if some of you would take the time to answer.

OK, I listen to a lot of music almost every day, mostly rock, metal, a little classic. You can check out my last.fm here: http://www.last.fm/user/melkor12. I am looking to buy in ear monitors since I sometimes listen to music in noisy places so I need an above average fit. From what I understand, to get "natural sounding" sound, people recommend dynamic driver headphones. I am also inclined towards a little more bass than treble. In looking at some reviews, I was going after the Future Sonics Atrio. But it turns out people complained about the treble so they are releasing a new version soon so I may have to wait a little. Then I saw the Panasonic RP-HJE900, for which people complain about isolation and this led to so many other phones...I think my frustration is because so many people keep disagreeing about every aspect of every headphone I can find. So, I tried to be specific about my needs, can anyone please help me pick a headphone?

thanks a bunch!

ps: My price range is I guess up to $200. 

Nov 14, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #3 of 4
do you currently own any IEMs, cans/headphones? with more info, we could help you better make a decision but for starters, I wouldn't spend more than $100 because it doesn't seem like you're looking for any sound sig in particular yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back