In need of extremely durable headphones.
Jul 13, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #16 of 27
Yet everyone else I've talked to here and other places say that both of these headphones are very durable and that I am just too hard on my headphones.

So which is it?

Some of them might have been clumsy with their headphones or don't trust you saying you won't be hard on them. That explains what they're saying, not ultimately the headphones themselves.

Spend a bit more and try the Superlux HD330. Thick metal headband frame and gimbals that you can bend to adjust the clamp. It still has possible points of failure where the gimbals attach to the earcups so don't sleep with them on.

If you really need to wear the headphones to bed you really should save up for those totally wireless earbuds.

Jul 14, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #17 of 27
Some of them might have been clumsy with their headphones or don't trust you saying you won't be hard on them. That explains what they're saying, not ultimately the headphones themselves.

Spend a bit more and try the Superlux HD330. Thick metal headband frame and gimbals that you can bend to adjust the clamp. It still has possible points of failure where the gimbals attach to the earcups so don't sleep with them on.

If you really need to wear the headphones to bed you really should save up for those totally wireless earbuds.

They have the HD330s on Gearbest for $36, I'll give them a look. They're one of the ones I was looking at when I got my JVCs.

As for the totally wireless earbuds, I have a few questions.

Do you have any recommendations for a set? I could increase my budget a bit if needed. I always wanted them for hiking and bowling anyways.

Are they pretty "lag-less"? The reason I chose not to go with the Bluedio T4s was because I was told they're near unbearable with videos due to the lag between audio and video.

Thanks.

Jul 14, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #18 of 27
As for the totally wireless earbuds, I have a few questions.

Do you have any recommendations for a set? I could increase my budget a bit if needed. I always wanted them for hiking and bowling anyways.

Are they pretty "lag-less"? The reason I chose not to go with the Bluedio T4s was because I was told they're near unbearable with videos due to the lag between audio and video.

Try the Apple or Samsung earpods, whichever system your phone is.

Jul 14, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #19 of 27
My tablet is actually an Amazon fire so it's neither. Although my phone is a Samsung so if I went with either it would be Samsung.

But the gear iconx are rated under 3 stars and are just about $200.

I'm going to do some research into wireless earbuds and see what I can find.

Jul 16, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #20 of 27
I'm looking at the Zolo Liberty+. It's not released yet so there aren't any reviews but they "look" like the best truly wireless earphones. People are complaining about the latency but if it's around 200ms like Zolo is advertising, that should be fine.

Sep 6, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #24 of 27
Just checking, I believe the Bludio T4s DONT have the audio/video lag issue anymore. If I am right it is the earlier model the Bluedio T4 that had that issue. Check Amazon reviews LOTS of people on Amazon complaining that the older Bludio T4 does indeed have the audio/video lag issue and then conversely for the Bluedio T4s LOTS of people commenting that the audio/video issue you mention has been resolved :)

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #25 of 27
As someone who's basically broken EVERY single headphones he's had almost the exact same way: the weakpoint of EVERY heapdhones: the part between the headband and the cup: AKG headphones. Even their low-end ones which ARE NOT like all expensive metal or anything can TAKE A BEATING like a BOSS. I had the AKG k271 mkii (currently my dad's using it) and i've travelled with it ALL over the world, many many times, put them in carry on AND check in baggage threw themn in a bag withh books on top...they are just a TANK.

OFC smthg like 712 has more expensive material, the 271 has some plastic especially around the part that connects headband to cup (though that joint ITSELF is thankfully not all plastic, since its what usually breaks for me). The 712 has a lot less plastic more metal etc, either way, it's not just about material but the build ITSELF.

Sep 7, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #26 of 27
... in the army we had those "racal" helmets with built in headphones/ear protectors when riding the tanks. They sound perfect for your needs :)

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #27 of 27
If you can save up some money the Sony MDR 7506 are usually around $70-$80. They are known to be extremely durable, long lasting headphones. They are also a relatively shallow cup so sleeping in them is possible. (my girlfriend actually sleeps in the 7506s sometimes and uses my HM5s for everything else)
....and most importantly they sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back