In-earphones with replaceable or VERY strong cable
Nov 29, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #16 of 19

Quote:
Really wish I could compare the TF10s with the HJE900s, but I've only owned the TF10s so I can't directly compare them. However, I believe the 900s are dynamic based drivers and TF10s are balanced armature drivers. History be told the triple driver TF10 (2 low 1 high) are known to have better sound. Hence the price is significantly higher. I'm no expert but maybe there is a coorelation? Maybe others can input on this.

The HJE900s are dynamic drivers, so i also guesed the TF10's should be better. I hope I can find them cheap somewhere, or i need to find some cheap adres for the HJE900's but can't find anything cheaper than amazon.co.uk :frowning2:

Nov 29, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #17 of 19

Quote:
Really wish I could compare the TF10s with the HJE900s, but I've only owned the TF10s so I can't directly compare them. However, I believe the 900s are dynamic based drivers and TF10s are balanced armature drivers. History be told the triple driver TF10 (2 low 1 high) are known to have better sound. Hence the price is significantly higher. I'm no expert but maybe there is a coorelation? Maybe others can input on this.

Quote:
I will look for them, I don't want to wait too long but I can wait for some time. Are they much better than the panny's? Otherwise ill just get those!

hmmmm...things aren't quite that simple between BA and dynamic driver IEMs....dynamics tends to have more bass impact (possibly enough to be felt) while BA's have a bit less, but sound just as accurate. BA's can have more detail than dynamics, but when phones w/ multiple drivers lose a bit of detail compared to single driver BA IEMs, perhaps somebody else would chime in as well

James

Nov 30, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #18 of 19

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I will look for them, I don't want to wait too long but I can wait for some time. Are they much better than the panny's? Otherwise ill just get those!

hmmmm...things aren't quite that simple between BA and dynamic driver IEMs....dynamics tends to have more bass impact (possibly enough to be felt) while BA's have a bit less, but sound just as accurate. BA's can have more detail than dynamics, but when phones w/ multiple drivers lose a bit of detail compared to single driver BA IEMs, perhaps somebody else would chime in as well

James

I can imagine that a great dynamic driver can be better than a mediocre BA driver, but the super.fi 10 should be very good, wonder the hje900 is compared to the super.fi 10, because i can wait but its good to have them quickly.

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #19 of 19
From the headphones that I have, I tend to pick up my BA driver sets more often than my dynamic sets. I just like the detail that the BA drivers offer. The clarity to me is something I like. My dynamics (Now that you mention it) are pretty bass heavy. Such as my Monster Turbines. I wasn't aware that this applied to a majority of dynamic drivers. Comparing the Pani's to the TF10s are pretty difficult. I'm sure an individual with both pairs can spare their 2 cents. If I had a choice I would go for the TF10s just because of the majority of the individuals who actually do have these rave about them (including myself). The expansion point (concerning peripherals) is also vast. Even after your TF10s are on the brink of death you can reshell them to something better (research Unique Melody). You can also upgrade the cables and what not. Its like having a custom rigged computer vs a laptop. Custom rig you can put more into it (TF10s) vs the laptop where you are limited to the mini-PCIe port, DVD/Bluray drive, and the express port (HJE900s). Just another 2 cents...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back