In a bit of a dilemma - RE0 vs Super Fi5
Sep 9, 2010 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ProjectDenz

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys I am in a bit of a dilemma,

I bought a pair of RE0s and a pair of Super Fi5s and received them both just now, the Re0s were used, albeit 3 weeks old, and the Super Fi5s are brand new in box. I love the sound of the re0s and will be using this as my primary headphone. My problem now is should I keep the super fi5s or sell them? I haven't opened them yet and I am not sure if it is worth keeping them both.

Which one is better? What are the differences in sound between them? Is it worth keeping both or selling the super fi5s, keeping in mind they are BNIB still.

Sep 9, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 13
I have RE0's and I've listened extensively to my friend's SuperFi 5's, and vice versa. The SuperFi 5's are much warmer than the RE0's, with a bit of a mid bass bloat and surprisingly wide soundstage. They are decently detailed but nowhere near as extended and airy as the RE0's - overall they sound a bit darker in comparison, but the effect works well with certain types of bassier music that the RE0 struggles with. The SuperFi's definately have a more fun signature, but you can really fill out the RE0's to achieve the same kind of warmth without the bloat by changing tips on the RE0 or changing the foam in the nozzle.

Both my friend and I, after comparing both, prefer the RE0's.

Sep 9, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #3 of 13
Thanks for that, might sell the SuperFi 5s then. Saved me a costly mistake and having more headphones than I need 
beerchug.gif

Impulse buys ftw.

Sep 9, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #4 of 13
Glad I could help. Did you buy the SuperFi's in the sale that is going on right now? :)

Sep 9, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #5 of 13
I prefer the RE0 to the Triple fi's I used to own. I'm guessing they sound somewhat similar? I actually liked the sound quite a bit, but the fit was unbearably bad because of the massive size of the phones. Also, I didn't care for the "memory" cable thing, and the fact that you had to wrap it around your ear.

I absolutely love the RE0's because it literally takes me 5 seconds to put them in and they are not obtrusive in the least bit. I'm not sure I'll ever get rid of them, unless of course they die

edit: did I mention they look pretty cool? The triple fi's look dorky because of the size and because when I had them they stuck out from my ears quite a bit

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #7 of 13
Yes you should keep the SuperFi's and make a tidy profit when the price goes back up :D

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
I prefer the RE0 to the Triple fi's I used to own. I'm guessing they sound somewhat similar? I actually liked the sound quite a bit, but the fit was unbearably bad because of the massive size of the phones. Also, I didn't care for the "memory" cable thing, and the fact that you had to wrap it around your ear.

I absolutely love the RE0's because it literally takes me 5 seconds to put them in and they are not obtrusive in the least bit. I'm not sure I'll ever get rid of them, unless of course they die

edit: did I mention they look pretty cool? The triple fi's look dorky because of the size and because when I had them they stuck out from my ears quite a bit

Triple Fi's bad fit is the only thing stopping me from getting them
triportsad.gif

Sep 10, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #10 of 13
Actually I was in the same dilemma when I got my triple 10 for 100 last year and re0 for 85.  I finally opened the triple 10.  At the end, I prefer the clarity on the re0 more than the triple fi. 

Sep 10, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #11 of 13
I have both re0 and ue 5 pro, I prefer the sound of my re0.

Sep 10, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #12 of 13
There's a big difference between the (old) SF5 Pro and the new SF5. The SF5 Pro stands a chance against the RE0 depending on personal preference. The regular SF5 really doesn't. The single armature really doesn't cover the entire spectrum and sounds a little thick and sluggish next to the RE0. It's not a bad sound but when compared to something as capable as the RE0 it's all a bit icky.

Quote:
I have both re0 and ue 5 pro, I prefer the sound of my re0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back