IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 9, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #3,256 of 3,340
1610245124429.png

Jan 11, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #3,259 of 3,340
I can also vouch strongly for RAHs.
Yeah! It is still my audeze lcd2c replacement, no regrets on selling those after getting the rah, the only planar set i got left (full headphone) is my modded m1060 which I’ve tweaked around with fazzor mod and pads. And still the only thing it gets better than the rah is the soundstage.

Jan 12, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #3,260 of 3,340
Rah has a new home with UTWS3. Will see what it's like with the Sempers later. Case is roomy. Fits the Rah perfectly.

20210112_153129.jpg

20210112_152405.jpg

Jan 17, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #3,261 of 3,340
Can anyone provide me the user manual or guide provided with the latest series of IMRs? I remember from some photo, the guide shows some nozzle filter combination signature.

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #3,263 of 3,340
Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #3,264 of 3,340
Feb 6, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #3,265 of 3,340
oh that's what you mean, but it seems almost no one uses these combinations

I use such combination on my R2 Red.
But I took some times to get there as at the beginning the sound was too bassy. I started with red nozzle and blue filter, then moved to pink nozzle/blue filter. After some listening hours the sound opened and changed from pink to red nozzle again. Finally after many listening hours I moved to black nozzle and blue filter.

I also made the same path with PB One where at present I have red nozzle and blue filter. There I also replaced the ear tips with Sedna earfit short as suggested by NellieG and this changement opened the sound. I like them a lot now.

Bob told me the the blue filter is an "all-pass", doesn't modify the high frequency.

I listen to music with a Fiio M6

Feb 8, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #3,266 of 3,340
I use such combination on my R2 Red.
But I took some times to get there as at the beginning the sound was too bassy. I started with red nozzle and blue filter, then moved to pink nozzle/blue filter. After some listening hours the sound opened and changed from pink to red nozzle again. Finally after many listening hours I moved to black nozzle and blue filter.

I also made the same path with PB One where at present I have red nozzle and blue filter. There I also replaced the ear tips with Sedna earfit short as suggested by NellieG and this changement opened the sound. I like them a lot now.

Bob told me the the blue filter is an "all-pass", doesn't modify the high frequency.

I listen to music with a Fiio M6
According to my taste of music of more intimate Vocals, I can basically rely on RedN+ RedF on the PB One with the Stock Tips (M). The Foam tips also gives a good seal without compromising the details.
Any other Tips suggestions on how to improve the Soundstage?
@NellieG

Feb 17, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #3,267 of 3,340
Guys, Can anyone please clear up a potential purchase concern I may have with IMR.

Ive seen quite a few positive reviews now on Youtube for various IMR models, so much so that I was considering making IMR my next possible purchase. That was until today when another video came up on Youtube which basically slated the head of the company for allegedly stealing thousands of dollars from headfiers through a previous audio business venture. The video also slated the reviewer who's positive reviews I had been watching all along. It did get overly personal for me at times but the main point is it raised concerns about the reviewers integrity.

This is a genuine concern I would like to be clearing up before I decide where my hard earned cash is going to be spent. I can promise you im not trolling and this is genuinely the first I have heard of any potential issue. I thought IMR owners would be in the know and help me get to the truth quickly rather than relying on conflicting videos from Youtube.

Please feel free to PM, I don't want to derail the tread in any way.

Thanks

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #3,268 of 3,340
I had 2 products from IMR. Including Rah.

I am also aware of what happened long ago. I will go into discussion about what did or dis not happen. And how much Bob was involved in this.

What i will tell you i have had some conversations and went through some warranty and own caused damage repairs without absolutely now hic ups. Or any negatice experiences. In fact i was sorted with thing that were never covere by waranty couple of times.
If you dont want to take my word for it, just go to any of imr product threads and search for "customer service". And see what it is followed by.
From what i followed it is mainly a praise.

Sure there were some delays in production and shipping involved. On new models whixh were preordered preproduction. But it is just unavoidable i think. And should not be an issue woth existing models.
If there was a delay in communitation to community. I have never had unresponded email. And i did pester him with not that important questions.

In short. If you want my vote. Just ignore what happened before IMR and go for it.

Even if you dont like his product he will gladly stick to his return policies which are quite relaxed.

Id say customer service is one of best in market. And is quite personal experience too due to IMR being small company.

Feb 19, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #3,269 of 3,340
My RAH returned 2 days ago. It’s done in universal and still retaining some of the IMR’s identity.

My sharing;

That enjoyable fun vibrant non-fatiguing natural tonality, fluid smooth flowing midrange of the planar and that ever energetic piezo treble (now with a little metallic sounding dependable on tracks) still intact. But in return a slight reduction in the bass compartment and soundstage in a good way.

Bass:
  1. Before it was a little diffuse with the usual addictive texturing and thumping wide.
  2. After fast thumping tight bass that is not overwhelming but sit just below and behind the midrange.
Midrange:
  1. Not much changes heard.
  2. The AN internal silver litz cable seems to improve the layering and detailing but not that night and day kind of differences just audible enough.
  3. Transitional gap between midrange and treble is negligible.
Treble:
  1. Slight increase in treble energy but not in the bleeding your ears region nor causing sibilance.
  2. Tolerable and detailed with a metallic tinge that is dependable on tracks. The slight increase again could be due to the AN internal silver litz cable.
Vocal and congestion:
  1. Vocal still maintaining that IMR planar signature.
  2. No congestion whatsoever during fast/heavy complex tracks.
Fitting:
  1. New resin shell is very impressive with 3 small venting holes.
  2. Snug nicely in my concha on Comply T600 L.
Tuning:
  1. Based on Black nozzle blue filter.
Conclusion at personnel standpoint:
  1. New RAH is no longer a bass head IEM or that likeable wet bass on black nozzle but a resin shell RAH that lean towards the neutral yet not being fully deprive of the IMR’s physical bass.
  2. Overall signature sonically very pleasing in a control and coherent manner.
  3. Differences heard could correlate to the rework of the internal wiring of my preferred Audio Note Silver Litz cable by the magical hands of Itsfit Kien.
Worthwhile? yes as it reminded me of my 4Ai that was sold a couple of years back. New Rah is much better sounding based on memory.

Attachments

• 3F44F8B6-C1BD-4203-82E1-AB686DFDB0B4.jpeg
    3F44F8B6-C1BD-4203-82E1-AB686DFDB0B4.jpeg
    535.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #3,270 of 3,340
some impressions on rah from me to another user interested in purchasing.

It is easily one of my favorite IEMs. the bass is the best I have heard. Its not as punchy as a fiio, but just a touch slower which provides more resolution IMO. The planar is very analytical and a reason why I look to other IEMS that are more "entertaining." I think it can come across as overly articulate with some vocals. I am as much a treble head as basshead and I LOVE campfire treble. This is like 50% of that which is a compliment but PIEZO ceramics are not for everyone. I'd love to keep it, but I can't afford to have multiple >$500 iems in my collection.

Estats have my heart when it comes to upper treble followed by dynamics then piezo and balanced armatures. PIEZO is very dynamic and entertaining.

I would say all in all the RAH is very entertaining and engaging. I don't think it has any weird tonality other than an 8k peak that might come out in the planar but it doesn't bother me. I went for a single dynamic for when I won't something with a little more reverb and cohesion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back