IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Mar 28, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #2,371 of 3,340
Hi all. I have a pair of R1Z's and wonder what I'd expect to pay for a used pair of RAH? The for sale section on here only has them, from what I can see, in € or $ but the prices are usually about £250-£300. Is this still what you as owners would expect?

Mar 28, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #2,373 of 3,340
Hi all. I have a pair of R1Z's and wonder what I'd expect to pay for a used pair of RAH? The for sale section on here only has them, from what I can see, in € or $ but the prices are usually about £250-£300. Is this still what you as owners would expect?
I think so . It’s a big upgrade sound wise from the r1z

Mar 28, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #2,374 of 3,340
Anything less than £300 is a bargain in my opinion. There's a pair on ebay UK at the moment. I can't remember the price though.

Mar 28, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #2,378 of 3,340
The Rah were £550 and with loyalty discount applied they became £260 so £250 is a fair price.

On a side note regarding the zenith. I opened them up and flipped the connector around 180° to be able to use the Aten cable and aftermarket cables with ear shape guides. Also now using the gold nozzle from Aten with the film covering the opening and also a paper filter from a cheap pair of IEM inserted in too. No foam filter installed. Removed silicone bands from the metal housings on the nozzles and removed the mesh. Finally sounding sweeeeeet as.

How I set the Rah up with the grey nozzle and black filter is how the modded Zenith are now sounding. Zero sibilance or metallic highs, huge detailed bass with highs there but not the most detailed just like rah is compared to Aten even though it’s the same Aten driver. Really nice warm tonality, just full on punchy, weighty and mids just there really quite balanced. Sensitivity is reduced so requires some extra go go juice where as the Rah will do what my Zenith do at less power. I haven’t really truly enjoyed Zenith, Aten or Rah on the THX 789 as they all sounded better on Fiio amps but modded zeniths are phenomenal on the 789 for my preferences and how I wish to experience music.

I’m so happy I persevered with tweaking them. They are now my first choice for music listening for maximum enjoyment with the Aten being perfect for TV/Movie watching.

If anyone ever wondered, the Aten and Zenith half shells are not compatible with each other lol.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #2,381 of 3,340
The Rah were £550 and with loyalty discount applied they became £260 so £250 is a fair price.

On a side note regarding the zenith. I opened them up and flipped the connector around 180° to be able to use the Aten cable and aftermarket cables with ear shape guides. Also now using the gold nozzle from Aten with the film covering the opening and also a paper filter from a cheap pair of IEM inserted in too. No foam filter installed. Removed silicone bands from the metal housings on the nozzles and removed the mesh. Finally sounding sweeeeeet as.

How I set the Rah up with the grey nozzle and black filter is how the modded Zenith are now sounding. Zero sibilance or metallic highs, huge detailed bass with highs there but not the most detailed just like rah is compared to Aten even though it’s the same Aten driver. Really nice warm tonality, just full on punchy, weighty and mids just there really quite balanced. Sensitivity is reduced so requires some extra go go juice where as the Rah will do what my Zenith do at less power. I haven’t really truly enjoyed Zenith, Aten or Rah on the THX 789 as they all sounded better on Fiio amps but modded zeniths are phenomenal on the 789 for my preferences and how I wish to experience music.

I’m so happy I persevered with tweaking them. They are now my first choice for music listening for maximum enjoyment with the Aten being perfect for TV/Movie watching.

If anyone ever wondered, the Aten and Zenith half shells are not compatible with each other lol.

Im left with a question: why did you turn the connector? Did you had inverted polarity connectors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back