IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Mar 31, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #2,386 of 3,340
If anyone regretted not buying either PB One or Halcyon they are both available on IMR right now. Please buy them, especially Halcyon before I spend that which I don’t wish to lol.
Did my part to save you from yourself... already had the Halcyon on order and just put in for the PB One... :)

Apr 3, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #2,387 of 3,340
My RAH are going on the classifieds soon.

I've got the Halcyon on order. I've enjoyed the RAH but recently been using the Audeze LCD-I3 and prefer it's sound signature over the RAH. Thats not to say the RAH is bad, just my preference, looking forward to trying the Halcyon.

Apr 11, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #2,389 of 3,340
Any here who had IMR RAH and Fearless S8F and/or Fiio FH7 can share the comparison if IMR RAH superior to both. Thank
I’ve had the RAH and currently the S8pro.
s8 pro will do mids and treble better, while RAH has superior bass.

Apr 11, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #2,391 of 3,340
Thanks I see you also have Voyger 14 are they any good, for e.g. on detail retrieval and bass how big of a jump on IMR RAH
It’s a big jump in terms of details on both the RAH and S8Pro. It’s also more refined IMO.

Apr 18, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #2,393 of 3,340
How much better are the RAH over the aten ? I ask this because I’m thinking of ordering the pb one which should improve on the RAH and I already own the aten. With the discount code and if I sold the aten I could pick the pb one up for under £200

Apr 19, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #2,394 of 3,340
How much better are the RAH over the aten ? I ask this because I’m thinking of ordering the pb one which should improve on the RAH and I already own the aten. With the discount code and if I sold the aten I could pick the pb one up for under £200

How much better or not is truly a personal thing depending on your tastes of what you like in your listening experience.

I’d say they are absolutely worth your projected cost, they are worth the discount cost, some will say they are worth the no discount cost. They are worth that cost in comparison to what is available at higher price points and that is the allure, the performance to price ratio is high.

Apr 26, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #2,395 of 3,340
Dear IMR users/lovers, Im looking for a DAP in the price range of 500~700 USD which will best pair with IMR PB One. Please help me decide. I was suggested by @Skullar to bring this topic here. Thanks in advance :L3000:

Apr 26, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #2,396 of 3,340
Dear IMR users/lovers, Im looking for a DAP in the price range of 500~700 USD which will best pair with IMR PB One. Please help me decide. I was suggested by @Skullar to bring this topic here. Thanks in advance :L3000:
Haven’t heard it myself but in that price range Fiio M11pro comes to my mind

Apr 26, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #2,397 of 3,340
No one has the PB One so that probably will be a hard question to answer.

In MY opinion, I think that most WELL DESIGNED sources should sound similar, with only marginal differences that you really have to strain to convince yourself you hear. I have listed to the Rah (the PB One’s older brother) with my R6 Pro, BTR5, ES100, LG v30, and dongle solutions like the Hidizs S8, without detecting a meaningful difference. But then others may have a more discerning audio palate. But I think by far the biggest factor is simply how well you get along with the sound signature of the PB One (there is an old expression that says you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear, so if you don’t like the PB One the source will make no difference)

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #2,398 of 3,340
My opinion should be taken with a pinch of salt. Just because i dont stream.
And feom what i have read some daps do it better than others
Someone who went through nomerous sources and is into streaming would be more reliable than me.

Apr 26, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #2,400 of 3,340
Haven’t heard it myself but in that price range Fiio M11pro comes to my mind
I'm with @jsmiller58 on this one. I have listened to the RAH with the BTR3, UP2, AK120, Shanling M5s, straight out of my Samsung tablet and through D50s/JDS Atom and to me, the RAHs are simply amazing through every one of those sources. I've got about 400 hours with them now and they are deep, rich, detailed and positively expansive. The RAHS are my favorite IEM when isolation isn't a concern, regardless of source.

But your question is about DAP pairings. I can tell you, I love the RAH matched up to the the Mid Tier Shanling M5s and by all accounts the M6 is an upgrade that has been favorably compared numerous times to the Cayin N6ii. For $499 it should be a solid choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back