IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 25, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #902 of 3,340
If they are from Noble they are probably these I got from them in the past. Epro horn shaped tips.

P_20191225_082533.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #904 of 3,340
Oh, then they are probably spinfits.

Dec 25, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #907 of 3,340
Here is my setup. I'm using this mainly for my NYC subway commute to/from work, hence why this setup for burn-in. As you can see, I want maximum isolation from the subway, so I am able to slide a pair of silicon tips over a pair of memory foam tips. Both tips are not from IMR, they are from other IEMs that I have that happen to fit nicely over each other, and still be able to slide into the bore. The big trick was to find a silicon tip where the stem is slightly narrower than the memory foam tips, and that the stem of the silicon tips are not very thick, but still able to fit over the filters without constricting the opening.

I am commuting with Rah in London. Still using spiral dots though. Not worth messing sound quatity with foams as Rahs have 2 big ports that leak anyway. I personally just crank volume up a bit, it is good enough to not be annoyed.

Dec 25, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #908 of 3,340
I today noticed the grey anodising is not correct. I rarely look at my IEM’s and usually use them in low light conditions at home. Each ear piece is made of 2 halves, on one earpiece they are both a perfect match and on the other earpiece one half matches the other earpiece and then a half with the logo is a darker grey.

I should say this is unacceptable and many would still say it but I accept this can be expected with a boutique style company. The price to performance ratio helps me rationalise that I’m ok with this colour discrepancy. On the other hand with prices potentially continuing to rise I have to expect better manufacturing.

I’m all for a logo but can it be placed somewhere else than the place it is now. On the Aten I wasn’t even aware for the past 4 months that it had a logo (I said I rarely look at them) and I’ve no idea if the Zenith do either as they are hibernating right now lol. Some commenter said you suggested this as to look more premium branding, I disagree as I believe it cheapens the look of what was and is a super classy industrial design due to positioning. I’m not marketing and branding expert though.

I’m now getting the love back again after they have been playing for many many hours so that’s good.

Dec 25, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #909 of 3,340
I am commuting with Rah in London. Still using spiral dots though. Not worth messing sound quatity with foams as Rahs have 2 big ports that leak anyway. I personally just crank volume up a bit, it is good enough to not be annoyed.
I used them on Monday on the Tube and it does leak way too much sound. I don't like cranking up the volume as it's damaging to your hearing and so I just use foams and the gold bass filters that combined with the pink ends has good bass and detail while isolating better than spiral dots which cause that combination to be anaemic in the bass

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #911 of 3,340
Further musings regarding the shell anodising. I actually don’t mind different shades and I prefer the mis-matched one as the 2 pin cable connector appears closely matched to the shell which is darker than the other half. What I do mind is both left and right not matching, give me either a perfect match or a mis-match equally lol, otherwise it feels like a set made from the spare parts bin.

On another positive note.
I. Love. The Raaahhhhhh.
Yet still holding out on the stock out of the box set up with zero desire to change and my feeling of I don’t need anything more which had disappeared has half returned.

Dec 25, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #912 of 3,340
I used them on Monday on the Tube and it does leak way too much sound. I don't like cranking up the volume as it's damaging to your hearing and so I just use foams and the gold bass filters that combined with the pink ends has good bass and detail while isolating better than spiral dots which cause that combination to be anaemic in the bass
now when you said i actually tried red bass filter on foams and it sounded a bot less muffied. Though i admit i always speak from a bit of bass head perspective so spiral dot just is the sweet spot for me preferably.
And then again that is where imr shines - customization

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #913 of 3,340
I’m all for a logo but can it be placed somewhere else than the place it is now. On the Aten I wasn’t even aware for the past 4 months that it had a logo (I said I rarely look at them) and I’ve no idea if the Zenith do either as they are hibernating right now lol. Some commenter said you suggested this as to look more premium branding, I disagree as I believe it cheapens the look of what was and is a super classy industrial design due to positioning. I’m not marketing and branding expert though.

The Zenith has it on the L iem.
I don't mind the Logo too much... People have no idea what the brand is anyway most of the time haha.
I prefer a logo over words.
Perhaps a stamped imprint like on some Sennheiser models could be more subtle. IMG_20190604_210911.jpg

Dec 25, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #914 of 3,340
I’m not against the logo by any means and I proudly wear them all. I just really believe they look way better not positioned on the current position. The Aten and Zenith positions are perfect to me in so far as I never knew they had the logo until a couple of days ago where as the Rah its an instant in your face can’t miss it screaming for attention logo. Subtle understated classy industrial chic speaks enough volume on its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back