IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 7, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #316 of 3,340

Hi, guys. Should i be worried about my shipping? Status still unknown. Hopefully not some infamous Royal Mail ****ery going on.

Regarding the packaging in the Pic: doesnt look like a mid-fi product to me. Should get rid of that massive foam inlay (hope it does not smell of chemical "odour") and instead have some fancy folded cardboard (whatever material); maybe how apple does it to make it look classy.
But i get it; keep the packaging costs low so we can get the iems for a good price.

But i would not complain too much about the packaging, i mean, how often do you actually use it. Even the fancy packagings of TOTL tier ieams get thrown into the corner at worst or best put up for show, but you usually dont make use of it often.
More important would be to know whay there are no changes to the filter holders. I mean, we made suggestions how to improve the package and all and its seems no one listened...; the aluminum holder is horrible; it is heavy and you need to screw out and in the filters every time you want to change them. This puts wear on the threads. Not good. A simple rubber holder would be much more practical and there would be no tear as rubber is softer than the material the filters are make of...
But honestly, at the moment i only care that my shipping is being processed. Give me just a live sign, Royal Mail.
It was like this for me with the Aten shipping too. Days elapsed before Royal Mail tracking went past the “currently unable” state.

Dec 7, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #317 of 3,340
Hi, guys. Should i be worried about my shipping? Status still unknown. Hopefully not some infamous Royal Mail ****ery going on.

Regarding the packaging in the Pic: doesnt look like a mid-fi product to me. Should get rid of that massive foam inlay (hope it does not smell of chemical "odour") and instead have some fancy folded cardboard (whatever material); maybe how apple does it to make it look classy.
But i get it; keep the packaging costs low so we can get the iems for a good price.

But i would not complain too much about the packaging, i mean, how often do you actually use it. Even the fancy packagings of TOTL tier ieams get thrown into the corner at worst or best put up for show, but you usually dont make use of it often.
More important would be to know whay there are no changes to the filter holders. I mean, we made suggestions how to improve the package and all and its seems no one listened...; the aluminum holder is horrible; it is heavy and you need to screw out and in the filters every time you want to change them. This puts wear on the threads. Not good. A simple rubber holder would be much more practical and there would be no tear as rubber is softer than the material the filters are make of...
But honestly, at the moment i only care that my shipping is being processed. Give me just a live sign, Royal Mail.

Foam is way better than cheap cardboard. However it's an IEM designed to have different sounds based on different combinations of filters, and that means you actually use the case and the filter holder.
Of course, you're going to use them especially at the beginning, but after hours of listening maybe the sound change and another combo of filters is preferred (in the R2 thread you can find many examples). Or you simply want to try something different or tuned for a special genre. Also, the package is the case itself, and that's really hard to use it daily to only bring your IEM with you. With R1/R1z there was a small hard case where you could fit your IEMs and the filter holder in a really small package and use it daily.

Dec 7, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #318 of 3,340
Foam is way better than cheap cardboard. However it's an IEM designed to have different sounds based on different combinations of filters, and that means you actually use the case and the filter holder.
Of course, you're going to use them especially at the beginning, but after hours of listening maybe the sound change and another combo of filters is preferred (in the R2 thread you can find many examples). Or you simply want to try something different or tuned for a special genre. Also, the package is the case itself, and that's really hard to use it daily to only bring your IEM with you. With R1/R1z there was a small hard case where you could fit your IEMs and the filter holder in a really small package and use it daily.
I lament the absence of that small case. I use the R1’s to carry the Aten around.

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #319 of 3,340
I lament the absence of that small case. I use the R1’s to carry the Aten around.
I asked Bob to make that small case available for purchase on IMR site. But he said it will be included in Rah package.

So hopefully that picture is not final package. Or is an early stage one.

In any case i am thinking of selling Zeniths to my friend but i cannot part with that case.
Will fill that space in a box with biscuits i think..

Dec 8, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #321 of 3,340
Dec 9, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #323 of 3,340
Dec 9, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #325 of 3,340
Spoke to Bob - everything at the post office he uses, but whatever service he uses is running behind as it's a one man and his dog type branch. He reckons most packages will be processed by the end of today, with a few spilling over to Tuesday. I'm going to guess that means gear arriving around the end of this week for the first receivers.

That's not the "official" response - he also said he'd ping out a shipping update to everyone shortly.

Dec 9, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #326 of 3,340
Spoke to Bob - everything at the post office he uses, but whatever service he uses is running behind as it's a one man and his dog type branch. He reckons most packages will be processed by the end of today, with a few spilling over to Tuesday. I'm going to guess that means gear arriving around the end of this week for the first receivers.

That's not the "official" response - he also said he'd ping out a shipping update to everyone shortly.

I do check my email and this thread regularly, but I'm not sweating or losing sleep over my position.

"One day, my notification will come"

Sounds like a title to a song
:L3000:

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #328 of 3,340
just received....

Dear Customers

I am writing today to offer my apologies for these speed of some shipments over the past week.

The post office I use is really rather small and generally only staffed by 2 people.

End of last week I dropped a very large amount of orders mainly consisting of Rah orders along with Zenith and R2 Aten.

As it is Christmas holidays the post offices are absolutely rushed off their feet and as such have not processed anywhere near the amount of shipments as they should and apologise for this.

I have been assured (by the post master) that all shipments will be cleared on on their way by no later than tomorrow and Wednesday guaranteed.

For those that seem to not have your tracking information to hand you will find all your up to date tracking information on your IMR account.

Again my apologies for those effected by the delay in the post office processing speed.

Regards

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #329 of 3,340
just received....

Dear Customers

I am writing today to offer my apologies for these speed of some shipments over the past week.

The post office I use is really rather small and generally only staffed by 2 people.

End of last week I dropped a very large amount of orders mainly consisting of Rah orders along with Zenith and R2 Aten.

As it is Christmas holidays the post offices are absolutely rushed off their feet and as such have not processed anywhere near the amount of shipments as they should and apologise for this.

I have been assured (by the post master) that all shipments will be cleared on on their way by no later than tomorrow and Wednesday guaranteed.

For those that seem to not have your tracking information to hand you will find all your up to date tracking information on your IMR account.

Again my apologies for those effected by the delay in the post office processing speed.

Regards
We live on a rural route in the country. I can't tell you how many times I've had to send similar emails :|

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #330 of 3,340
We live on a rural route in the country. I can't tell you how many times I've had to send similar emails :|

I also live in the countryside but...if I was delivering 200+ parcels past a promised delivery date I would drive a couple of extra miles to the nearest main post office. England isn't that big :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back