IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 5, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #271 of 3,340
Oh yeah my order is finally shipped! :o2smile:

BTW did anyone else get notified via text? Mine was around 6am and it surprised me as I don't remember that happening for the R1 and Z, I rather like it.

Yeah, I received a text before the email even landed.

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #273 of 3,340
I’d say they will ship in order of who placed orders first?
Not sure if this is how it actually works, but I was one of the first to pre-order, and my Rah also shipped out today.

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #274 of 3,340
Has anybody that got a shipping notification seen any activity on the tracking? My tracking number still isn’t showing in the system.

Nope, which means it is only declared and the item-of-interest has not been handed over to the shipping company yet.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #275 of 3,340
Not had any notification yet, so guessing Bob might be slipping into day three.

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #277 of 3,340
Nope, which means it is only declared and the item-of-interest has not been handed over to the shipping company yet.
Or that it’s been handed over but not yet scanned at the post office.

Totally off-topic: what’s your take on the TRN B20s and Noble’s Falcon?
Not totally off-topic actually, as I’m considering getting Fiio’s UTWS1, similar to TRN’s unit, to plug in my IMR R1. And the Falcon would be kind of an alternative to that.

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #278 of 3,340
The Falcon has a fun V signature. Voices can seem far away in some specific genres like Heavy Metal, but fine in most. The V signature doesn't include shouty upper mids and such. The bass is more forward than the treble, so there is no simbilance or fatigue. Really good for laid back listening.

The B20s is really nice, has absolutely no connection issues for me. The Falcon sometimes hiccups, but to be fair the Falcon has not had a firmware update yet.

The B20s is really neutral as a source, does not color your ear phone's sound signature. As for fit, it sits really snug without irritation, good for exercise.

I have dedicated my 0.78mm 2pin version to be used with my Blon-03. The Blon-03 sits flush does not stick out of the ears, which means this combo is so not bulky that I can lay on my side on a pillow.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #279 of 3,340
Well got the tracking number but not yet shipped i guess, but progress is progress!
Though at the same time, my btr5 is shipped! :D

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #280 of 3,340
Or that it’s been handed over but not yet scanned at the post office.

Totally off-topic: what’s your take on the TRN B20s and Noble’s Falcon?
Not totally off-topic actually, as I’m considering getting Fiio’s UTWS1, similar to TRN’s unit, to plug in my IMR R1. And the Falcon would be kind of an alternative to that.
The problem with all of these BT "Cables" is that they use lesser resolution codecs for purposes of battery conservation. What I have done is take a Shanling UP2 (with LDAC) and a FiiO https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-LC-3-5AS-Headphone-Cable-Connector/dp/B07HN1474D
and paired them to Xelentos, Shures, and even modded IE800s. The BT Adapter gives me 12 hours of "as close to cable as your going to get" beautiful audio on the go with great IEMs. For the BT adapter, you could use an ES100, UP2, or even Fiio BTR3 or BTR5. Ive got the UP2 and BTR3, and the UP2 is far to the BTR3. I've never liked the clip cases that come with the BT receivers so I rigged my own magnetic clip using Magnetic name badge holders: https://www.ebay.com/itm/46x13mm-St...049012?hash=item5d9775f6b4:g:pBwAAOSw1DtXKrlw When I'm business clothes, I can clip it inside my shirt or jacket with just a discreet cable, or when I'm in the gym or cycling I clip it to my collar behind my head and out of the way of everything,
The other advantage of a BT receiver is that it is multi-functional. Not only will it work wirelessly from a DAP or Phone in HiRes audio, it can also double as a USB DAC / headphone amp in a form factor that slips into your bag or pocket. Great when traveling or hanging in a coffee shop. By the way, to attach the clip to receiver, i used a small bead of clear silicone. Its got incredible adhesion but is easy to remove if and when neccessary and it sits more flush to the body of the receiver, making it thinner than a clip or even the foam strip tape on the magnetic part. It wont come off unless you want it to.
IMG_20191205_095642.jpg IMG_20191205_095650.jpg IMG_20191205_095652.jpg IMG_20191205_095710.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #283 of 3,340
I also have my tracking number :smile_phones:

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #284 of 3,340
I wonder if anyone will get theirs before end of friday for a review :D

Likely, majority of us will get it next week. But wouldn't people in UK will get it before end of friday?

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #285 of 3,340
Shipped :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back