IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 4, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #1,397 of 3,340
Jan 4, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #1,399 of 3,340
talking_dog.gif

Jan 4, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #1,401 of 3,340
Back to the RAH. It's been several days with the Black lower and while it is full and lush and all the other descriptors we've read throughout this thread - I can categorically say that my tinitus is far greater now than before. That lovely bass bass assault, at least in the short term has not been kind to my ears and they are ringing as though I'd just left a WHO concert. So today I did what I said I wouldn't do and that is return to the Gold lower - it lasted less than a minute - even though is next down from Black - it just attenuates everything. I'm finally convinced I will never use it again. So next stop on the lower train is silver / grey. Well, I'm listening to Grey / Blue now and I'd now call it balanced. It doesn't have the same slam of that subbass as with black but I'm not getting bass fatigue either. So then I started thinking - Hmm, it now sounds a lot like the Tin P1 so I did a bit of AB with them and in my limited testing with this new combo I'd say the RAHs have all the detail and clarity of the P1s with a TON more bass. I think I have my preferred combo as the set continues to burn.

2 Track I Use to A/B IEMS with and loving the RAHs with Grey Blue on both of these:
Pure Bass

Jazz Vocals with Plenty of Instrumental Detail

Jan 4, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #1,403 of 3,340
You're right, I stand corrected. I did play blue lower a little bit may hours ago and passed right over this time as I went past gold. The card that came with the set, doesnt have blue on it. Anyway, I'll go back and do some listening with it. But for now now, with a touch of EQ the grey lower is working and my ears are thanking me. I'll likely return to the Black as well and see if I can do some subtractive EQ with it.

Jan 4, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #1,408 of 3,340
Yes, I use the left in the right ear and right in the left ear and reversed cables too.

When it was announced that they could be worn down I automatically thought swap sides switch cable as you are doing. In reality this doesn’t work for my ears and I have to keep the sides as they are marked and spin it downwards.

When you compare the Rah to Aten they are almost identical with the half shell that goes into the canal side except for a slight angle change of the stem. It’s this angle that has messed up the fitment for me and improved it for everyone else. Aten are still Uber comfortable but Rah is still a struggle, you may well think just rotate it slightly but that makes them sit super weird and so wearing them down fixes the weird look and comfort but in my mind I’m like this is wrong they should be opposite sided.

Today has been a better day and I’m taking a break from them to allow my ears to recover properly and all should be good in the world again.

My blog shall be down, just like my Rah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back