IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Aug 24, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #3,316 of 3,340
Aug 24, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #3,319 of 3,340
Thank you, Guys. And what could you say about a pure silver cable? Or it is not for Rah...
A pure silver cable may suite it perfectly but end of the day its about synergy - try it - buy a few in a sale and see what you think :)

Aug 3, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #3,320 of 3,340
Hi, i found this iem on 2hand in perfect state for 350€, anyone could tell me if is worth it and with which known iem could it be compared?
I was planing to save money and buy the moondrop variations or the thieaudio monarch, idk if to buy this imr rah or save more money and buy one of these i mentioned.

Aug 3, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #3,321 of 3,340
Hi, i found this iem on 2hand in perfect state for 350€, anyone could tell me if is worth it and with which known iem could it be compared?
I was planing to save money and buy the moondrop variations or the thieaudio monarch, idk if to buy this imr rah or save more money and buy one of these i mentioned.
to give any kind of helpful answer you would need to detail your prefered sound signature - what you have owned and liked before - your source for playing etc etc
That aside ANY IMR IEM is above and beyond :)

Aug 3, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #3,322 of 3,340
Rah - rich bass, great layering, separation and big soundstage, very organic sounding.

Variations / Monarch - more on the thinner side, more Harman style tuning.

Rah is one of IMR's all time best models for sheer enjoyability, but of you are looking for something which is a detail monster, the Rah might be too subtle for you.

Aug 3, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #3,323 of 3,340
to give any kind of helpful answer you would need to detail your prefered sound signature - what you have owned and liked before - your source for playing etc etc
That aside ANY IMR IEM is above and beyond :)
Well, I was looking for an iem mainly to use them in electronic music and rock and if possible for fps games, i don't care much about the soundstage but yes about the imaging and separation, i own a sennheiser HD800s and i never had good iems, some weeks ago i bought the fiio fd5 but i return it, it was not bad but not enought good for me, I want a higher quality iem to be my endgame.

Aug 3, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #3,324 of 3,340
Rah - rich bass, great layering, separation and big soundstage, very organic sounding.

Variations / Monarch - more on the thinner side, more Harman style tuning.

Rah is one of IMR's all time best models for sheer enjoyability, but of you are looking for something which is a detail monster, the Rah might be too subtle for you.
thanks for the information! after my last comment which one you think is the best for me?

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #3,325 of 3,340
Well, I was looking for an iem mainly to use them in electronic music and rock and if possible for fps games, i don't care much about the soundstage but yes about the imaging and separation, i own a sennheiser HD800s and i never had good iems, some weeks ago i bought the fiio fd5 but i return it, it was not bad but not enought good for me, I want a higher quality iem to be my endgame.
If you look through here you can find details of all recent IMR's - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/imr-audio-sonic-adventures-impressions.938732/page-553#post-17079111

I would recommend Splash of Gold and maybe Dark Matter if you looking for an end game sound but that is also useful for gaming
The Dark Matter with its Bone Conduction motor is a phenomenal listen and experience!
The Splash of Gold is a superb open back that is very affordable

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #3,326 of 3,340
If you look through here you can find details of all recent IMR's - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/imr-audio-sonic-adventures-impressions.938732/page-553#post-17079111

I would recommend Splash of Gold and maybe Dark Matter if you looking for an end game sound but that is also useful for gaming
The Dark Matter with its Bone Conduction motor is a phenomenal listen and experience!
The Splash of Gold is a superb open back that is very affordable
Is the thieaudio Monarch superior to these iems or just different?

Aug 3, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #3,327 of 3,340
Is the thieaudio Monarch superior to these iems or just different?
I cant say as I haven't heard the Monarch. Theiaudio are highly regarded BUT they are still highly regarded chifi. No disrespect to Chifi but I am only interested in IMR now. IMR IEM's are the only IEMs that I personally am happy with now and have no need or wish to look elswhere.
Perhaps not fair for me to say but IMO the IMR are some of the the best IEMs currently being created
Maybe you will find similar or even 'better' but you will be paying £1000+ minimum.
The reason I linked the thread is so that you can see directly what a number of different people are saying and about different IMR IEMs
I would easily bet money though that the Monarch would not come close to some of the latest IMR's :)
End of the day though you can only know with your own ears!

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #3,328 of 3,340
You will have to invest more then. RAH is great iem. But things have moved on and there were quite a few good iems released since, potentially by IMR themselves too. Especially if you are willing to save up to enter the bracket £500+ bracket, this will open up some decent options for used iems.
Id say if youre not desperate you can get some solid stuff.

Mar 10, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #3,329 of 3,340

Users who are viewing this thread

Back