IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #3,302 of 3,340
Anyway, yes - It will remain a PB One in your case or a RAH in mine but with an outstanding fit and little more bass.

I told Kien I had a few others interested in reshelling a RAH and he told me ho kind of hopes no other RAHs come because they are very complicated!
Glad it worked out so well. Custom Rah. Fair play to you that sounds epic. I love it when these crazy head fi ideas work out.

More bass on an IMR sounds interesting.

Wait till this guy starts getting custom Sempers in they will finish him off.

And are we all going to ignore how god damn beautiful the Elan looks.

It does. I like the return to the R2 style IMRs. For these and the ones coming April & May. I'm not a huge fan of the OM, Aten2, PB2 & Semper style.

Luckily I want to do the Aten and PB1

Custom PB1 could be incredible. I have no issues with fit at all with them but out of all the ones I own that was the first one I thought about getting custom when I read @holsen post.

Will a custom R2 be the same beast if not open back or can this guy add a big port?

Apr 9, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #3,303 of 3,340
More bass on an IMR sounds interesting.

Wait till this guy starts getting custom Sempers in they will finish him off.
That's funny - no doubt!
Will a custom R2 be the same beast if not open back or can this guy add a big port?
He's pretty clever, you'd have to ask him.

Apr 9, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #3,304 of 3,340
Control bass, detailed mids, relax crisp treble, accurate vocal, excellent layering and imaging is what reshell RAH is all about to me. Kien probably took a step further making it powerful and musical sounding with superb dynamic. Impressions based on comply tips.
On silicon tips and my alternative Sedna short tips, treble gets too prominent (splashy and spicy) for my taste and overall signature lighter.

Reshell RAH is probably the odd signature I been searching for and end game for me to the extent of even forgoing Elysium. It has been my ultimate IEM since its arrival edging out my VE6x2 and PB1.
Thanking Kiên for reworking the internal cabling to my liking.

Currently, am still in the indecisive stage of whether to go custom or universal for PB1 and Semper since Kiên shared there is still some left over of my AN cables. I believe both when done likely to be balls dropping not jaw dropping...lol.

Sharing my thoughts as an individual pursuing for the ultimate with simplicity in mind.

Cheers to all and enjoy your weekend.

Apr 10, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #3,305 of 3,340
Control bass, detailed mids, relax crisp treble, accurate vocal, excellent layering and imaging is what reshell RAH is all about to me.
I've been listening to them pretty much all day. Exactly as you describe is exactly how I'm experiencing the CIEM RAH. You were right, with the new wire and solder, they needed a couple hours to settle in. I let them run overnight and have had them in my ears all day; they are back to being my absolute favorite IEM. There is a perception of more bass, but it's not that quantity of bass has increased it's simply the better seal with just a small vent. They are awesome in-ears.

Apr 11, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #3,306 of 3,340
I've been listening to them pretty much all day. Exactly as you describe is exactly how I'm experiencing the CIEM RAH. You were right, with the new wire and solder, they needed a couple hours to settle in. I let them run overnight and have had them in my ears all day; they are back to being my absolute favorite IEM. There is a perception of more bass, but it's not that quantity of bass has increased it's simply the better seal with just a small vent. They are awesome in-ears.

@holsen, Reshell RAH has transported us into the audio bliss-land. Never had I heard such crazy sonic from an IEM. You could try Uriah Heep Salisbury album especially that Salisbury track. Full effect of how the flow and dynamic of music is delivered to our ears and mind. Those running baselines are super addictive in addition to that amazing Planar evaporating all the goodness in the midrange.
Reshell RAH showcased not just the fun side of IMR’s Aten DD and Planar that we’re often associated with but its technical abilities as well-the reason why I call it odd signature.

Apr 11, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #3,307 of 3,340
Honestly, this re-shelled RAH is so good I'm seriously thinking about canceling my Elysium order or maybe trying to switch it to Astra. But this set is absolutely everything I've been looking for. I can't find any compromise in them. My only real complaint (compromise) with the OG RAH was the large venting, making them pretty unsuitable for use outdoors. That's a non issue now.

I gave Uriah Heap a spin and its great. If you want to blow your mind on the bass listen to Gary Clark Jr - Blak and Blu, the whole album and the title track in particular. Authoritative bass anchoring everything down, with the lushness of Gary's voice pushing right up the Centre of the stage and lots of delicate percussion, cymbals, triangles dancing all around the stage. Wow.
Also just listened to Breakfast in America with its keyboards, and horns and Roger's unmistakable voice separated delivered with perfection. Then there's Massive Attack's Blue Lines and Mezzanine Albums. The Reshelled RAH delivers all the depth and slam with authority and in perfect layers.

If you don't have Gary Clark Jr or Massive Attack Albums, PM me and I'll send you a link

I wasn't sure how this Experiment was going to work out, so I picked up a backup set of OG RAH, which I'm going to release and is now for sale.

Apr 11, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #3,308 of 3,340
Honestly, this re-shelled RAH is so good I'm seriously thinking about canceling my Elysium order or maybe trying to switch it to Astra. But this set is absolutely everything I've been looking for. I can't find any compromise in them. My only real complaint (compromise) with the OG RAH was the large venting, making them pretty unsuitable for use outdoors. That's a non issue now.

I gave Uriah Heap a spin and its great. If you want to blow your mind on the bass listen to Gary Clark Jr - Blak and Blu, the whole album and the title track in particular. Authoritative bass anchoring everything down, with the lushness of Gary's voice pushing right up the Centre of the stage and lots of delicate percussion, cymbals, triangles dancing all around the stage. Wow.
Also just listened to Breakfast in America with its keyboards, and horns and Roger's unmistakable voice separated delivered with perfection. Then there's Massive Attack's Blue Lines and Mezzanine Albums. The Reshelled RAH delivers all the depth and slam with authority and in perfect layers.

If you don't have Gary Clark Jr or Massive Attack Albums, PM me and I'll send you a link

I wasn't sure how this Experiment was going to work out, so I picked up a backup set of OG RAH, which I'm going to release and is now for sale.
Amazing to read your comments about it!

I have such affection for the aten driver, currently listening to the aten5 and still impressed by how the soundstage expands in depth and has such great control, looking forward for my BC since I’m a huge Basshead. The driver size it self has such potential, even having mass bass with a vented port already says a lot, i imagine the company that made your CIEM really studied the possibilities to make the best out of it.

I was listening yesterday my n5005 akg, another deep bass monster, although it has a cleaner presentation, i just love the unleashed power of the aten driver, n5005 it’s a Mercedes benz while the imr aten5 its a Mustang Mach 1 1972, sometimes that RAWNESS its all you need for enjoyment.

Apr 11, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #3,309 of 3,340
Amazing to read your comments about it!

I have such affection for the aten driver, currently listening to the aten5 and still impressed by how the soundstage expands in depth and has such great control, looking forward for my BC since I’m a huge Basshead. The driver size it self has such potential, even having mass bass with a vented port already says a lot, i imagine the company that made your CIEM really studied the possibilities to make the best out of it.

I was listening yesterday my n5005 akg, another deep bass monster, although it has a cleaner presentation, i just love the unleashed power of the aten driver, n5005 it’s a Mercedes benz while the imr aten5 its a Mustang Mach 1 1972, sometimes that RAWNESS its all you need for enjoyment.
The RAH takes all that Mach 1 RAWNESS and adds a bunch of finesse so it can hug the corners with pedal down! I think you'll be in for a treat with BC. The ADLC driver is the similar to what CA is using in Dorado. Looking forward to your impressions. You'll be receiving it before any of us get our hands on the Elysium or Astra

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #3,310 of 3,340
I'm being pulled towards the Elan. I've have been playing around with ear buds recently and I think I have begun the quest for the 1 speaker holy grail iem...but I still want to try this bone conduction too haha.

Apr 13, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #3,312 of 3,340
Apr 13, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #3,314 of 3,340
Oh I differ here lol. I much prefer the IEM sound and if I may expand my prior comment, the one holy grail IEM, headphone and speaker does not exist. As a minimum you require 2.
Ah, I was encompassing OE and iem for headphones as a whole.

It is still a quest, but I agree it is one with a rather deep rabbit hole. Perhaps easier to find the Holy Grail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back