IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #1,966 of 3,340
I was wondering what the hell that instagram trick was about. So he is trying to make a Tin Hifi P1 of his own tuning.

Oh wait, this is a 10mm planar with a dynamic driver. So a hybrid.

The sound will be something between the Rah and the R2.

Feb 9, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #1,967 of 3,340
IMR Rah paired with LG V30 Really sounded amazing.

Rah.jpg

Feb 9, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #1,971 of 3,340
Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #1,972 of 3,340
Would you share what hi res player(s) currently inuse in place of V30?
I Went for Somy WM1A first which was considerable improvement on Zeniths.
But now i have Ibasso dx220. As stock it beats WM1A in seperation, imaging detail.
And then i went with Fidelizer Advanced Rom. And today i am getting amp8 back with Ultimate mod from him.
So this going to be serious steam for my Semper!

Feb 10, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #1,973 of 3,340
Has anyone compared RAH to the sony IER Z1R? Those are both supposed to be bass monsters but don't think I have seen a head to head comparison. Would be interesting!

I am waiting for Halcyon and PB1 but also curious about RAH as it seems to have a good and loyal following.

Feb 10, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #1,974 of 3,340
Has anyone compared RAH to the sony IER Z1R? Those are both supposed to be bass monsters but don't think I have seen a head to head comparison. Would be interesting!

I am waiting for Halcyon and PB1 but also curious about RAH as it seems to have a good and loyal following.
Id like to see that too. Sony and IMR seem to have similarities in their tuning when i read about it. Big spacious sound, fun signature. They both like large DDs. There is one significant difference though - price.

Feb 10, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #1,975 of 3,340
Id like to see that too. Sony and IMR seem to have similarities in their tuning when i read about it. Big spacious sound, fun signature. They both like large DDs. There is one significant difference though - price.

The imr Rah has a smaller body for fit too than the Z1r. I wouldn't mind sending my Imr Rah to bbgar after I get the PBOne.... if he wasn't against the very thought of the company.

As a basshead thread starter he is missing out; especially as a reviewer.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #1,977 of 3,340
The imr Rah has a smaller body for fit too thaj the Z1r. I wouldn't mind sending my Imr Rah to bbgar after I get the PBOne.... if he wasn't against the thought if the company.

As a basshead thread starter he is missing out; especially as a reviewer.
Yes exactly. He has a very strong position there. I hesitated a lot before ordering Halcyon and PB1 because of that tbh. So I followed this thread for a while and saw how people were blown away by the RAH.

I also thought about getting the sony for a (very) brief moment but it's way more than I want to spend on one iem and I'm not sure about the mids on it. I like my mids full and thick, it's why I still own Roland for example (with some EQ and a silver cable).

Part of me is also saying just wait for Semper rather than getting Halcyon and PB1 :)

Feb 10, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #1,979 of 3,340
Yes exactly. He has a very strong position there. I hesitated a lot before ordering Halcyon and PB1 because of that tbh. So I followed this thread for a while and saw how people were blown away by the RAH.

I also thought about getting the sony for a (very) brief moment but it's way more than I want to spend on one iem and I'm not sure about the mids on it. I like my mids full and thick, it's why I still own Roland for example (with some EQ and a silver cable).

Part of me is also saying just wait for Semper rather than getting Halcyon and PB1 :)
Haha tough desicions. Im quite fixed on Semper. Going to calm down after that one. Spent a fortune in last several months. Besides if Bob pulls it off once more i dont think anything with similar sound sig will top it.

Feb 10, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #1,980 of 3,340
Haha tough desicions. Im quite fixed on Semper. Going to calm down after that one. Spent a fortune in last several months. Besides if Bob pulls it off once more i dont think anything with similar sound sig will top it.
Well getting Halcyon (kind of) made sense for me because it also opened PB1 and loyalty. Semper will still be a stretch $$$ wise. Also, combining 4 types of drivers sounds like a serious challenge! Haven't seen many other offerings with 4 driver types combined in one shell. If it works, it will be a steal, if it doesn't, well.....

PB1 should be right up my alley with the bigger planar (I love nice vocals and thick, full electric guitar with impactful drums). Halcyon will show how Bob integrates estats. Many companies tried last year with various degrees of success.
In a way Halcyon is the riskier bet and will give indications on how Semper shapes up. It's the one missing piece of the puzzle :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back