IMR R3 Halcyon, R3 Phase, R3 Semper - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 29, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #31 of 948
Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #32 of 948
Jan 30, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #36 of 948
Urgent- Halcyon or PB1?!
Depends on what you like and what you already have... Halcyon if you already have the Rah. PB1 if you like a warmer tone with great bass and nice but not emphasized treble and don't already own the Rah. I think the Halcyon will have a bit more treble.

Just my opinion based on how similar the PB1 is to the Rah in features, how the Rah sounds to me, and how I recall the target sound of the Halcyon has been described.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #38 of 948
Having already paid Trinity for full sized cans that were never fulfilled I would be rather miffed if they turn up now

Feb 1, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #40 of 948
would like to order one of the new iems by imr

what i like and look to get
1- rich full mids, that are not recessed and are detailed
2- good bass, tight with proper amount and controlled but not basshead level bass
3-good details in highs

wonder which to pull the trigger on, as there so many options rah and R3 variants

Feb 1, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #41 of 948
would like to order one of the new iems by imr

what i like and look to get
1- rich full mids, that are not recessed and are detailed
2- good bass, tight with proper amount and controlled but not basshead level bass
3-good details in highs

wonder which to pull the trigger on, as there so many options rah and R3 variants
Rah is gone. PB1 is an option if you already own imr product.
While i have never heard e-stats, Bob said Halcyon will be more mid focused. And i cant see bass going somewhere as long as he uses same Aten DD. Beside you are talking about IMR, there is plenty of customization for low end and treble.

Feb 1, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #42 of 948
Rah is gone. PB1 is an option if you already own imr product.
While i have never heard e-stats, Bob said Halcyon will be more mid focused. And i cant see bass going somewhere as long as he uses same Aten DD. Beside you are talking about IMR, there is plenty of customization for low end and treble.
you mean rah does not fit what i look for, or its not for sale anymore

Feb 1, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #43 of 948
you mean rah does not fit what i look for, or its not for sale anymore
Rah was a limited 200 unit run. So unless you manage to get a returned unit from IMR site as b stock or getting a used one, youbare out of luck.
Same goes for R3 range. If you read page 1 main descriptions you will see the quantities mentioned.

Halcyon was reduced to 100 units total. So check IMR site if it is still available.

As far as Rah goes mids are lovely due to planar driver. Bass is massive but very good quality. Well controlled, good layering. And you have several filters to tone it down or dial it up to suit any genre/preference. It also scales with power very well.

In short Rah should fit your description. But i think Bob wont let you down with Halcyon if you are looking for mid focused iems with good slam.
Existing customers already know what IMR is capable of when it comes to price/ performance ratio.

Just dont expect for analytical or flat signature here.

Feb 1, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #44 of 948
Rah was a limited 200 unit run. So unless you manage to get a returned unit from IMR site as b stock or getting a used one, youbare out of luck.
Same goes for R3 range. If you read page 1 main descriptions you will see the quantities mentioned.

Halcyon was reduced to 100 units total. So check IMR site if it is still available.

As far as Rah goes mids are lovely due to planar driver. Bass is massive but very good quality. Well controlled, good layering. And you have several filters to tone it down or dial it up to suit any genre/preference. It also scales with power very well.

In short Rah should fit your description. But i think Bob wont let you down with Halcyon if you are looking for mid focused iems with good slam.
Existing customers already know what IMR is capable of when it comes to price/ performance ratio.

Just dont expect for analytical or flat signature here.

strange as I see it being listed for sale on his site, the RAH, so is it for sale or not there

if yes so between Rah or Halcyon which would be better

Feb 1, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #45 of 948
If it was listed then it is probably because he accepted someone's return and opened its sale on the website again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back