IMR R3 Halcyon, R3 Phase, R3 Semper - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #16 of 948
Ordering is now extended to 31st January. I guess so people can get their paycheck/bonus and get these.

I feel these will be special. 7-70000Hz range with an IMR product? Yes please. I really hope they are good.
So your hearing is good to 70000Hz? (sorry couldn't resist:wink:). I put in for the PB One. Looking forward to March. I'm kind of wondering now why it's priced 100 GBP less than Rah since it's supposed to be very similar. Oh well, I might ask Bob one of these days.

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #17 of 948
So your hearing is good to 70000Hz? (sorry couldn't resist:wink:). I put in for the PB One. Looking forward to March. I'm kind of wondering now why it's priced 100 GBP less than Rah since it's supposed to be very similar. Oh well, I might ask Bob one of these days.
Very interested in the pb one given the price of the semper. The only difference seems to be a 12mm planar instead of 10mm in the rah. Seems interesting why it'd be cheaper....

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #18 of 948
Very interested in the pb one given the price of the semper. The only difference seems to be a 12mm planar instead of 10mm in the rah. Seems interesting why it'd be cheaper....
I actually shot Bob an email about the PB price. He said that the introductory Rah price was 400 GBP in the very beginning so he wanted to do the same for the PB.

Jan 18, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #20 of 948
Don't you have a loyalty discount 35%?
Yes. The 400 GBP is the introductory price. I guess Bob has to start with a bottom line price he wants repeat customers to get and add 35%.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #21 of 948
I'm hoping the bass frequency on these delivers, I'm a total sub (like HEAVY SUB) bass-fiend - the Zenith's are great, but I always feel they could go a little bit lower. 7Hz on the Halcyon has me very interested.
I should have posted this here earlier, but i think Phase is going to be that bass cannon you are looking for.
This is my Q/A with Bob regarding Phase setup and singature. As i did not quite get it how it works;

1. What is the drive configuration? I am a bit confused here. - THE DRIVERS ARE CONFIGURED IN AN APPOSING POSITION. THESE DRIVERS WORK OUT OF PHASE TO EACH OTHER SO AS ONE PUSHES THE OTHER PULLS. THIS IS TURN KEEPS BETTER CONTROL OVER HARMONIC DISTORTION AND IN RETURN GIVES AN EVEN CLEANER SOUND

2. If it is multiple standard aten drives. What is the purpose for more then 1 piezo tweeter? - IT IS 2 ATEN DRIVERS - SEE ABOVE

3. What size drivers will that be? Standard 15mm? BOTH 15MM

4. Are they going to be open back or close? - THEY WILL BE SWITCHABLE BETWEEN OPEN, CLOSED OR DAMPED PORT

5. Will it have a cross over? - NON BETWEEN THE DRIVERS AS IT IS NOT REQUIRED

6. How will it compare to Rah in terms of sound signature and technically. - IT WONT BE TECHNICALLY THE SAME AS THE RAH. THE SOUND SIGNATURE WILL BE VERY CLOSE TO THE R2 ATEN BUT WILL BE CLEANER SOUNDING WITH IMPROVED MIDS AND SUPER CONTROLLED TREBLE WITH THE BASS BEING ABLE TO EXTEND A TOUCH LOWER THAN THE R2

Jan 24, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #22 of 948
So it is like the Dunu DM-480, but instead of push-push, it will be push-pull. I wonder which configuration is considered technically better.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #30 of 948
More like not wanting to explain it to my wife... One new iem is one thing...
Oh yes. The female boss in my life is the only reason i dont own half of iems on market. I actually had to make some tough decisions... Even now.
When you think about it, We are a strong lot. Not everyone can survive such a punishing life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back