IMR R2 Aten Thread
Aug 30, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #736 of 1,305
If something like this can be made in the UK for that price point and still turn profit enough to make a living, it says a lot about 1-3k IEMs. Particularly ones made in China using a slave wage economy and in constant production.
I thought Bob said after the **** ups with the Z he was moving production on house?
He did move some parts on house. Time for some speculations...
That means he probably imports the basic drivers, cables and accessories from somewhere and assembles it himself (to prevent wiring disasters as with some of the Zeniths). If he got the industrial equipment to produce the housing and filters himself... no idea, but i could imagine it. The anodizing might also be done in house, since he slightly changed it from model to model (maybe some remember the serious discoloration on the original R1).

Aug 31, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #737 of 1,305
Thinking of ordering the rah, I owned the original R1s and while i loved the sound I just didn't find them comfortable and could never get a good fit. I've never had a issue with any other IEMs, wondering if anyone else had issues with R1 fitting and subsequently found the newer models better?

Aug 31, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #740 of 1,305
Thinking of ordering the rah, I owned the original R1s and while i loved the sound I just didn't find them comfortable and could never get a good fit. I've never had a issue with any other IEMs, wondering if anyone else had issues with R1 fitting and subsequently found the newer models better?
I had no comfort problem with the R1 earpiece itself but could never get a perfect fit when moving around because of how stiff the cable was. Also it would not stay symmetrical between both ears. I replaced the cable and now they feel fine. The Aten sits smoother though, and the rounded, regular shape of the Rah should suit most ears.

Aug 31, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #741 of 1,305
For those who did not reserve their unit (and thus probably did not receive the update email to the preorder process). Contents of the email summed up:

The Rah will only be sold during the next 10 days. Later on it will no longer be produced, making it very exclusive.
Everyone, reserved or not, can have one. Just order normally on the IMR website.
Should 400, or even 500 total orders be reached, the price will reduce even further.

So there you have it... Honestly thinking about ordering two myself, just to increase the chance for an even lower price point :ksc75smile:

Aug 31, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #742 of 1,305
For those who did not reserve their unit (and thus probably did not receive the update email to the preorder process). Contents of the email summed up:

The Rah will only be sold during the next 10 days. Later on it will no longer be produced, making it very exclusive.
Everyone, reserved or not, can have one. Just order normally on the IMR website.
Should 400, or even 500 total orders be reached, the price will reduce even further.

So there you have it... Honestly thinking about ordering two myself, just to increase the chance for an even lower price point :ksc75smile:
Be worth having 2 in my opinion. 1 set up for bass driven music and one set up for everything else.

Aug 31, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #745 of 1,305

But how will he handle this? Bob will send us back the possible further discount money? Because right now when you order you already pay for it.

Aug 31, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #746 of 1,305
Does it really matter that much though. Its well worth the £400. Let alone £260.
I mean the price would only got down by £20 after 400 and £50 after reaching 500 commitments.
He also said it was not a guaranteed final price.

Aug 31, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #747 of 1,305
Does it really matter that much though. Its well worth the £400. Let alone £260.
I mean the price would only got down by £20 after 400 and £50 after reaching 500 commitments.
He also said it was not a guaranteed final price.
Agreed. A UK made triple hybrid for the less than the price of a lot of mass produced ChiFi full of cheap BAs is a steal. Christ the Aten was a giveaway with the loyalty bonus.

Aug 31, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #748 of 1,305
Well, I'm a person who likes to know things. If he says there'll be no more discount - that's fine. But if he says there's a possibility for that, I would like to know how he will handle this, as I already payed the price. That's it.

Aug 31, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #749 of 1,305
To answer your question i will qoute bob if you missed his recent email;

"In the original commitment stage I advised that if we got to higher quantities the price would drop again. If it makes it past the next milestone at 400 units I will adjust the price and refund any difference."

Hope this helps

Aug 31, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #750 of 1,305
Well, I'm a person who likes to know things. If he says there'll be no more discount - that's fine. But if he says there's a possibility for that, I would like to know how he will handle this, as I already payed the price. That's it.
When you make a payment on debit card/credit card although the money has left your balance it technically hasn't been paid to the sellers account this can last up to about 1 month. It's possible for Bob to just adjust the payment if he needs to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back