IMR R2 Aten Thread
Aug 30, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #721 of 1,305
Hmm that is interesting. If that is true i wonder why? was this just technical experiment that was not intented for sustainable profit. Maybe its just to get a feel of consumer interest for something that he plans for future. A quadruple electrostatic planar beryllium hybrid.
Not a fan of quoting people, but in this case it might be important:
"As this is a special build just for those that committed the payment is collected now.
These are being made just for you guys and not a production run."

Also i would definitely buy a.... ahem: >> quadruple electrostatic planar beryllium hybrid << hahaha

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #723 of 1,305
Not a fan of quoting people, but in this case it might be important:
"As this is a special build just for those that committed the payment is collected now.
These are being made just for you guys and not a production run."

Also i would definitely buy a.... ahem: >> quadruple electrostatic planar beryllium hybrid << hahaha
Although i am sure there is a reason there is currently only one Electrostatic hybrid IEM on the market (the SHOZY POLA for those interested), probably for power related reasons.
There are so many Electro hybrids on the market...

The Alclair Electro, EE Wraith and another, BGVP has 2, Fearless has 3, the Elysium, Khan, etc...

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #724 of 1,305
OK i just ordered. Assuming Bob is reading this thread can you keep us regularly updated as to how its going with people putting their money down, obviously we want this to happen almost as much as you do. It would be a bit of an anti climax if after a month or so the project gets cancelled.

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #728 of 1,305
Oh well, although I didn't "preordered", I just pulled the trigger :wink:
So it does not actually check the email. Well, i guess then everyone can just get one. Will be easier to reach the 80% of reservations that way! ^^

And lets be honest, for the £260 price point with loyalty discount, i really doubt there is any better IEM deal on the market right now...

Aug 30, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #730 of 1,305
Might aswell buy 2. if they go into prodution and prove to be what we all expect it to be. their price will shoot up and you can sell 2nd pair for more then original price i think
We have a Gordon Gecko of Head-Fi here...
:ksc75smile:

Aug 30, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #731 of 1,305
So it does not actually check the email. Well, i guess then everyone can just get one. Will be easier to reach the 80% of reservations that way! ^^

And lets be honest, for the £260 price point with loyalty discount, i really doubt there is any better IEM deal on the market right now...
If something like this can be made in the UK for that price point and still turn profit enough to make a living, it says a lot about 1-3k IEMs. Particularly ones made in China using a slave wage economy and in constant production.

Aug 30, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #734 of 1,305
Paid for a pair, thinking of getting a 2nd next week, as some said, this stuff might skyrocket later, and YES i think this talks TONS about other iem brands, Aten is way superior than other stuff, must admit i felt bad doing the discount since i think this ones are going to be expensive, but well, as he said "the more bulk, the cheaper it gets cost wise", sadly i have to keep an eye on my wallet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back