IMR R2 Aten Thread
Aug 8, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #421 of 1,305
That's probably a fair but less than trade price, is it from a reputable company? Sounds to good to he true.
It's from a reputable seller, I've bought a fair few things off them in the past. I'll probably leave it as I'm genuinely going off IEMs and leaning more towards headphones.

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #422 of 1,305
Just finished reading the R1 thread now onto the R2 thread. Your post caught my eye especially when you said "Old Reggae" and "Bass"

My commute I tend to jump between smooth Jazz, Blues, Classical and some Hip-Hop.

But mostly Burning Spear Live in Zenith (a 2 CD live recording)

This album has been my go to test album especially for Bass.
Guess I will need to revisit Bob Marley as well now.

Next decision R1 Z or R2

My main use is commuting on the noisy underground so isolation and leakage my main concerns
Isolation with the R2 isn't so bad. I'd say it's as good as the R1Z. I have used them while working on CNC lathes and milling machines and it was fine.
Out of the 2 I think the R2 is a genuinely superior offering. I like the Z but to me it felt like more of a side grade than upgrade over the original. The R2 definitely moves the goal posts.
Im a burning spear fan as well. His social living album has been a testing and enjoyment album of mine for 25 years or so. Fantastic

Aug 8, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #423 of 1,305
Isolation with the R2 isn't so bad. I'd say it's as good as the R1Z. I have used them while working on CNC lathes and milling machines and it was fine.
Out of the 2 I think the R2 is a genuinely superior offering. I like the Z but to me it felt like more of a side grade than upgrade over the original. The R2 definitely moves the goal posts.
Im a burning spear fan as well. His social living album has been a testing and enjoyment album of mine for 25 years or so. Fantastic

OK @rocko77 I am holding you personally responsible. :joy::joy:
Button pushed and R2 ordered.

It's 02:00 in the morning and I am due to get up at 05:30

PS Wicked album "Social Living"

Thanks for the reply

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #424 of 1,305
OK @rocko77 I am holding you personally responsible. :joy::joy:
Button pushed and R2 ordered.

It's 02:00 in the morning and I am due to get up at 05:30

PS Wicked album "Social Living"

Thanks for the reply
I'm in the UK myself but on holiday now.
Anyway let me know how you get on with the R2. Please let them cook for a fews days at least though. They do loosen up over a period of 100 or so hours and improve noticeably.
Anyway get some sleep dude and enjoy working tomorrow, I'll be asleep :beyersmile::beyersmile:

Aug 8, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #425 of 1,305
Just finished reading the R1 thread now onto the R2 thread. Your post caught my eye especially when you said "Old Reggae" and "Bass"

My commute I tend to jump between smooth Jazz, Blues, Classical and some Hip-Hop.

But mostly Burning Spear Live in Zenith (a 2 CD live recording)

This album has been my go to test album especially for Bass.
Guess I will need to revisit Bob Marley as well now.

Next decision R1 Z or R2

My main use is commuting on the noisy underground so isolation and leakage my main concerns

Isolation is slightly worse on the R2, the difference might be noticeable if you use the R1 closed. But when playing music they both manage to block out outside noises well.
Besides that the R2 is an improvement in nearly every aspect. Comfort, sound, detail, cable, stage, ect... So i don't think you will regret your decision of going with the R2 ^^

Aug 8, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #426 of 1,305
Spacial cues are OUTRAGEOUS.

Screenshot_20190808-220343.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190808-220343.png
    Screenshot_20190808-220343.png
    668.7 KB · Views: 0
Aug 9, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #427 of 1,305
Hey everyone, I have the R1, and I love it, but I am looking for a second IEM for a little something different. Does anyone with the R1 and R2 still find a use for both or does one make the other redundant? I am also considering the FA7 from FiiO. If anytone has any thoughts on the FiiO in comparison they would be most welcome. The R2 just looks so nice that I am considering it, even though my head is telling me it will be so similar to the R2.

Thank you

Aug 9, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #428 of 1,305
Hey everyone, I have the R1, and I love it, but I am looking for a second IEM for a little something different. Does anyone with the R1 and R2 still find a use for both or does one make the other redundant? I am also considering the FA7 from FiiO. If anytone has any thoughts on the FiiO in comparison they would be most welcome. The R2 just looks so nice that I am considering it, even though my head is telling me it will be so similar to the R2.

Thank you
The R2 is comprehensively performing at a higher level than any previous IMR IEMs to my ears. You still have the bass you probably love but it's far more textured and controlled now. They are also far smoother while being more detailed and open sounding. I don't know how they compete against the FiiO but against the r1s I would say its a significant upgrade.

Aug 9, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #429 of 1,305
Is insulation at R1 Zenith level in R2?

Is there really a bigger stage and separation of instruments in R2?

How do R2 fall on Sigur Rós? Sound string instruments sound good?

Are R2 suitable for both classical and electronic music?

Aug 9, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #431 of 1,305
Read the previous posts and all will be revealed

I have read the whole topic and it follows that for all my questions, the answer is "yes". Relative level of isolation. I want to be sure. Because there are many references to models from other brands. Written in very general terms, and I would like to get the answer right once and for all. I'm also interested in how R2 falls with female vocals?

Aug 9, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #432 of 1,305
I'm in the UK myself but on holiday now.
Anyway let me know how you get on with the R2. Please let them cook for a fews days at least though. They do loosen up over a period of 100 or so hours and improve noticeably.
Anyway get some sleep dude and enjoy working tomorrow, I'll be asleep :beyersmile::beyersmile:
Lucky you

Checked my Tracking ID, they are with Royal mail, on a good day I get them tomorrow otherwise Monday.
If I get them tomorrow that will be a full weekend (nearly) burning in, may even leave them a bit longer

Will I have a listen in between, YEAH you bet I will.

Enjoy your time off

Aug 9, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #433 of 1,305
Isolation is slightly worse on the R2, the difference might be noticeable if you use the R1 closed. But when playing music they both manage to block out outside noises well.
Besides that the R2 is an improvement in nearly every aspect. Comfort, sound, detail, cable, stage, ect... So i don't think you will regret your decision of going with the R2 ^^

Cheers

I am sure at the volumes I like to listen to on the tube, it's more likely my fellow passengers who will be complaining :L3000:, at work and for a stroll at lunchtime I tend to have much more sensible volume levels applied

Aug 9, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #435 of 1,305
I was listening to my R2's at work and there were just two of us in an office and my co-worker could not hear anything coming from them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back