IMR R2 Aten Thread
Aug 1, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #169 of 1,305
Mine just left customs. Looks like tomorrow or Saturday!

Aug 1, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #171 of 1,305
Aug 1, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #172 of 1,305
Mine are still sitting at SFO (probably customs).
Should have them before the weekend.

Aug 1, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #174 of 1,305
Mine are still "should be sometimes"
Tracking says that it left the UK today. I'll see them on Monday, in all likelihood.

Aug 1, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #176 of 1,305
Interesting... I ordered mine April 21 and no sign of any tracking number...
not sure if shipping goes by order date sequence.

I ordered April 9th.

Aug 2, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #177 of 1,305
Alright, mine got delivered earlier today. So i think you guys from outside the UK don't have to wait too long anymore.

So far i am really impressed by the sound. Only got a short impression, but I can definitely say they deliver a huge sound-stage, great separation and excellent detail.

And as others have mentioned before, the bass is insane. In quantity and quality, depending on the filter combination, of course. Black filters are just stupendous in the amount of bass (Even more than the Zenith with the same filters!), while green is too less for my taste.
At the moment i think the Red lower end ones are best for me.

I did not experiment much with the higher end filter, but the black and red ones are doing a great job so far.
On a side note, the filters of the R1, the Zenith and the R2 are perfectly compatible, so you can use your favorite ones with all three IEM's.

Comfort wise it clearly exceeds the Zenith. Probably because of the slightly longer nozzle and the MUCH better cable. Perfect length, soft and beautiful looking with all that 'exposed' copper.
For some reason the standard tips did not fit at all, while they did perfectly with the Zenith. Which is weird, since they are the same size with the same Chassis on the IEM.

Leakage is not too bad, considering it is an open back IEM. More than with the opened Zenith, but still not a lot. You would really need to turn them up to disturb people close to you.

Again, so far i love everything about the R2 themselves, but the case being pretty big is something to get used to. (I'll add some pictures later ^^)

Edit:
Just for the fun of it I tried my favourite filters from the Zenith, the pink ones, with the R2. And damn, they sound good. Until i experimented further with filter combinations thats definitely the way to go.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #178 of 1,305
Got the email today with my shipping number, though mine are coming with dhl, just got the acoustune hs1670ss ... I think it’s going to be a thug fight for the atens, I’m very impressed with this guys

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back