IMR R2 Aten Thread
Aug 2, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #182 of 1,305
OMG that green treble filter is godly.
Alright, mine got delivered earlier today. So i think you guys from outside the UK don't have to wait too long anymore.

So far i am really impressed by the sound. Only got a short impression, but I can definitely say they deliver a huge sound-stage, great separation and excellent detail.

And as others have mentioned before, the bass is insane. In quantity and quality, depending on the filter combination, of course. Black filters are just stupendous in the amount of bass (Even more than the Zenith with the same filters!), while green is too less for my taste.
At the moment i think the Red lower end ones are best for me.

I did not experiment much with the higher end filter, but the black and red ones are doing a great job so far.
On a side note, the filters of the R1, the Zenith and the R2 are perfectly compatible, so you can use your favorite ones with all three IEM's.

Comfort wise it clearly exceeds the Zenith. Probably because of the slightly longer nozzle and the MUCH better cable. Perfect length, soft and beautiful looking with all that 'exposed' copper.
For some reason the standard tips did not fit at all, while they did perfectly with the Zenith. Which is weird, since they are the same size with the same Chassis on the IEM.

Leakage is not too bad, considering it is an open back IEM. More than with the opened Zenith, but still not a lot. You would really need to turn them up to disturb people close to you.

Again, so far i love everything about the R2 themselves, but the case being pretty big is something to get used to. (I'll add some pictures later ^^)

Edit:
Just for the fun of it I tried my favourite filters from the Zenith, the pink ones, with the R2. And damn, they sound good. Until i experimented further with filter combinations thats definitely the way to go.
Similar experiences to me then which is good to know. I can confirm after running them constantly since Tuesday that they do start to sound even better once they have had some breathing time.

Aug 2, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #183 of 1,305
I'm really really interested to know how they isolate with those grills. Would they be appropriate in a plane or would too much noise come in? I just ordered the Zenith but would consider canceling in favour of the R2 if they'd make good travel buddies. Also curious if modding that grill to close it would significantly alter the sound.

Aug 2, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #184 of 1,305
Guys, I don't have my shipping number or even order confirmation yet. I think it's because I haven't ordered these, but still disappointed.
Well, it's the internet, so probably ok to complain about it anyway...!! :)

Aug 2, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #186 of 1,305
Guys, I don't have my shipping number or even order confirmation yet. I think it's because I haven't ordered these, but still disappointed.

I would demand an immediate refund of all that I had paid if I were you, oh, hang on a mo....... :upside_down:

Aug 2, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #187 of 1,305
On a side note, the filters of the R1, the Zenith and the R2 are perfectly compatible, so you can use your favorite ones with all three IEM's.

I seem to recall Bob saying the thread was slightly different between the R1 and the Zenith. Might be worth shooting him an email in case you risk damaging the threads.

Aug 2, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #188 of 1,305

I seem to recall Bob saying the thread was slightly different between the R1 and the Zenith. Might be worth shooting him an email in case you risk damaging the threads.
Just asked him on facebook, the threads are all the same. He only advised me to be careful and not force anything.

Aug 2, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #190 of 1,305
I'm a Canuck but I just ordered mine literally an hour ago. Where abouts are you?

Aug 2, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #191 of 1,305
I'm a Canuck but I just ordered mine literally an hour ago. Where abouts are you?
...but do you have tracking yet? :grin:

Aug 2, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #192 of 1,305
Aug 2, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #194 of 1,305
I'm just the other side of the mountains in Vancouver. I've been receiving alot from China lately and customs has been quicker than normal...

Aug 2, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #195 of 1,305
Mine has been sitting in customs for 2 days. Got released this morning but stil not here. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back