IMR R2 Aten Thread
Oct 27, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #1,263 of 1,305
It doesn't look like 15mm at all.

well just so long as you still enjoy them! but be careful...

I have gone down that route, and looked too closely/:nerd:critical at something/listened too closely to, and because the devil is in the details, have lost some of the simple joy of what I was into? and I can no longer hear the trees through the (forest + orchestra =) forchestra?

if Bob could make ordinary sand sound like heaven in your ears would you still not want to listen to them? but I am sure I am off base with what you are referencing with your post, and if so I apologize for any off base references I am making towards your references, that were made off of references by someone referring to the migration of colonized african bees to begin with, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and sorry if I offend anyone for coming across as being prejudice against african bees, or for coming across as being prejudice against anyone that IS prejudice against anyone who is for the migration of colonized african bees to begin with? and now for someting completely different! has anyone seen the size of the driver in the Aten? lol, sorry just having some shut down fun,

Oct 27, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #1,264 of 1,305
Wow....a couple of days ago this thread had gotten me to consider cable rolling, now I have to worry about fraud and lies! Oh, Internet! :dt880smile:

I enjoy my Reds, their sound is amazing. I don't need a caliper to measure that.

Worry you need not

Currently playing on my Red before my Arrrrrrrrghten :astonished: then finally my PB One

Oct 27, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #1,265 of 1,305
Worry you need not

Currently playing on my Red before my Arrrrrrrrghten :astonished: then finally my PB One

Well i went Red, PB One the Arrrrrrghten and i can not actually believe this due to it being inferior but the OG Aten sounded the best, so clean, pure, crisp, coherent and powerfully balanced. I love so deeply these inferior products, music literally to my ears. The Aten should be a staple in your arsenal, fcuk me it's good.

Oct 27, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #1,266 of 1,305
Well i went Red, PB One the Arrrrrrghten and i can not actually believe this due to it being inferior but the OG Aten sounded the best, so clean, pure, crisp, coherent and powerfully balanced. I love so deeply these inferior products, music literally to my ears. The Aten should be a staple in your arsenal, fcuk me it's good.

The second gen Atens are even better :)

Oct 27, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #1,268 of 1,305
Awesome, how would you say they differ?

After about 70 hours of burn-in, with red bottom/black top combination:
The highs are much more realistic and gentle, the mids more detailed, haven’t noticed any significant changes to the lower end. The changes aren’t drastic though, for me the major factor to buy the new atens was the fit, I liked the sound but the left one just didn’t sit right :frowning2:
Will compare again after some more time of burn in.

Oct 27, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #1,269 of 1,305
After about 70 hours of burn-in, with red bottom/black top combination:
The highs are much more realistic and gentle, the mids more detailed, haven’t noticed any significant changes to the lower end. The changes aren’t drastic though, for me the major factor to buy the new atens was the fit, I liked the sound but the left one just didn’t sit right :frowning2:
Will compare again after some more time of burn in.

That's great you have found your mojo with a model, universal fit can be a tricky thing. I much prefer the Aten fit in comparison to the Opus Mia and oddly my Aten fit better than my Red which are the same shell. What i love about the OG is they are not gentle but not harsh either, they just have the right amount of energy for my music tastes.

Oct 28, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #1,270 of 1,305
That's great you have found your mojo with a model, universal fit can be a tricky thing. I much prefer the Aten fit in comparison to the Opus Mia and oddly my Aten fit better than my Red which are the same shell. What i love about the OG is they are not gentle but not harsh either, they just have the right amount of energy for my music tastes.
The new atens don’t change a lot in the sound signature, just some improvements here and there. I wouldn’t upgrade if the fit of the 1st gen is OK.
And both sound so great with Lotoo s1.

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #1,272 of 1,305
Hello friend, I currently have the ATEN and RED, and I am delighted with both, I want to know if the OPUS MIA is worth it, since with the coupons it is at an excellent price, I imagine that several of here have the MIA and then for know your opinions regarding this iem.

I really like melodic METAL and the voices sound excellent, I don't enjoy the bass so much since I don't listen to electronic music, and from what I've seen MIA shines in the voices, but I want to know the opinion of you friends.

Is there any OPUS MIA thread ???

Nov 18, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #1,274 of 1,305
if the OPUS MIA is worth it,
Same with me. I've heard that Opus is even more bass-loaded, though. But for me it's fine as I am a bass-head. The question is whether it it will be a SQ improvement in the same way as the increase in the price.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #1,275 of 1,305
Could any body compare Aten with Opus? What are the advantages of Opus over Aten?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back