IMR R2 Aten Thread
Nov 19, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #1,277 of 1,305
What are the advantages of Opus over Aten?

In short: bass and upper mids + lower treble. Bit longer, Mia has more lows (which is good news for bassheads) and thanks to a ES drivers they have a totally charming upper mids range. So, basically, I'd said that Aten is more neutral (not in absolute, just compared to Opus), while Mia is more fun

Nov 19, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #1,279 of 1,305
The new ATEN is better than the R2 RED ?
Yes, treble and mids are improved, but difference isn’t huge

is it worth buying the new ATEN and selling the old ATEN?
Probably yes, especially with a good deal on Black Friday. But it also depends on whether the new shells fit your ears properly

Nov 19, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #1,280 of 1,305
Yes, treble and mids are improved, but difference isn’t huge

Probably yes, especially with a good deal on Black Friday. But it also depends on whether the new shells fit your ears properly
Aten is GBP180 and OpusMia is GBP270 for Black Friday.

Nov 19, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #1,282 of 1,305
Hello friend, here again,

1.-
The new ATEN is better than the R2 RED ?????

2.-
Investigating a little I see that the OPUS MIA is not really for me, is it worth buying the new ATEN and selling the old ATEN?
1- yes, bigger soundstage and bass

2- yes, buy it with the Black Friday discount if you can, don’t sell the old ones imo they are one of the must fun pairs to play around

Nov 30, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #1,284 of 1,305
Yesterday was quite the day for me. I ended up drastically changing my headphone collection. I am inexperienced with iems. I tried the isine 10s, campfire Vega and Atlas, and Noble Tux 5. I liked different thing from each but never was quite happy. I made a trade/purchase of a Rhapsodio Eden SP. It was the first iem that fit great and sounded so so good. However, I just did not want to have that much $/value in iems.....I am just not a iem guy. I do like them though and where them occasionally when I am out and about Working. I traded my Kennerton Wodan, Focal Stellia, and Rhapsodio. I was not getting any iems back in any of the deals. I had a little cash left over in the deal and wanted to get a cheap iem.

I stumbled on used IMR R2 Aten for a very good price. I made an offer and got it at a even better price. I am looking forward to enjoying a good sounding IEM without the feeling that I spent too much on a iem! I am so looking forward to becoming a active member of this thread. I am excited to start the “what is the right filter combination” process!

Nov 30, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #1,285 of 1,305
Yesterday was quite the day for me. I ended up drastically changing my headphone collection. I am inexperienced with iems. I tried the isine 10s, campfire Vega and Atlas, and Noble Tux 5. I liked different thing from each but never was quite happy. I made a trade/purchase of a Rhapsodio Eden SP. It was the first iem that fit great and sounded so so good. However, I just did not want to have that much $/value in iems.....I am just not a iem guy. I do like them though and where them occasionally when I am out and about Working. I traded my Kennerton Wodan, Focal Stellia, and Rhapsodio. I was not getting any iems back in any of the deals. I had a little cash left over in the deal and wanted to get a cheap iem.

I stumbled on used IMR R2 Aten for a very good price. I made an offer and got it at a even better price. I am looking forward to enjoying a good sounding IEM without the feeling that I spent too much on a iem! I am so looking forward to becoming a active member of this thread. I am excited to start the “what is the right filter combination” process!
I’m very grateful, if you’re the one that pinched the pair that was listed in the Buy, Sell, Trade sub forum. When the listing hit $180 I kept telling myself that I don’t need a backup pair.

Nov 30, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #1,286 of 1,305
I’m very grateful, if you’re the one that pinched the pair that was listed in the Buy, Sell, Trade sub forum. When the listing hit $180 I kept telling myself that I don’t need a backup pair.
Yes that was me

Dec 18, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #1,287 of 1,305
6-Sides.jpg
Text version of the New Aten review

English: https://porta.fi/imr-new-aten-review-new-version-of-old-classics/
Russian: https://porta.fi/ru/obzor-naushnikov-imr-new-aten-novaya-versiya-klassiki/

Feb 2, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #1,289 of 1,305
Hey, guys! Which IMRs are most suitable for a basshead? Opus Mia, Aten R2 or R2 RED?
Aten, imo, with the proper filter combination (follow the chart).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back