Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 10, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #2,551 of 17,943
I received the tracking for EDP+ with Parcelforce today as well. And it's in transit now.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #2,553 of 17,943
Did you receive your tracking number with parcelforce too? And why can't you do it with them?
No, i havent got mine, I’m in México and our mail service sucks,it’s a true pain, they lost 2 pairs last time, thing is that parcel force goes through mail (not a third party company) in Europe it works wonders, here the moment it hit customs, it can spend up to 5 months in queue

Jun 11, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #2,555 of 17,943
IMR ACOUSTICS - EDP+ (A.D.L.C / CNT / Planar)
1st impressions
(foam tips / 4.4mm stock cable / Sony WMA)

THE GOOD:

NEW! cable - very nice - Tight fit - the shells will not be falling off!
The return of the extra small hard case :)
Fit - fine for me btu I use foams so they always hold everything in place

The Sound - Elegant, Noble, smooth, creamy detailed, excellent separation and clarity of instruments, Divine sub bass, Reference sounding in terms of balance

THE BAD:
Its clear that they are going to need a LOT of burn in. You can kind of hear the tightness and rigidity of the drivers holding things back...to be expected though

There is an occasional biting harshness to the mids, especially on some vocals BUT I think this is just your classic out-of-the-box thing and will smooth out later, especially giving the overall smooth details that over ride everything
(Its not THAT bad - dont worry - I just mean in comparison to how excellent ALL the other aspects of the entire frequency range!)

I think these will end up being more on the side on reference tuning than bass monsters but i think the creamy detailed warmth will be so delightful this wont be an issue...at all

The shell may be a bit to big for some?

CONCLUSION: - VERY much looking forward to hearing these after 200+ hours. The potential seems to be a beautifully detailed, NATURAL, warm REFERENCE sounding long listening classic. Very 'friendly' sounding

There is so much potential you can hear with these - Im very happy with them

A couple fo pics - compared to Opus Mia (Opus in the right) :

IMG_2383.JPG

IMG_2384.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #2,557 of 17,943
Received the EDP+ and just getting used to them. This is my first set of IMR earphones and I’m a bit unsure about the filter combinations. Will give them a good listen today.

If I may suggest a while with the stock black and then go for the premade red/pink combo and see how you like the low end. Bear in mind, many of us have heard HUGE changes after 100 hours and 200 hours of burn in / use
Out fo the box, you only really get a flavour of what they will eventually become
:)

Jun 11, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #2,558 of 17,943
If I may suggest a while with the stock black and then go for the premade red/pink combo and see how you like the low end. Bear in mind, many of us have heard HUGE changes after 100 hours and 200 hours of burn in / use
Out fo the box, you only really get a flavour of what they will eventually become
:)
I'm on grey and blue at the moment, quite like the clear sound with decent low end.

Jun 11, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #2,559 of 17,943
I'm on grey and blue at the moment, quite like the clear sound with decent low end.
Sweet - to be fair its all about the best synergy with each of our own set ups / hearing / source material etc etc
Its almost impossible to reliably recommend anything!!

Jun 11, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #2,560 of 17,943
Sweet - to be fair its all about the best synergy with each of our own set ups / hearing / source material etc etc
Its almost impossible to reliably recommend anything!!
Makes things much more interesting than just having one sound. Will need to try open-back to see how much of a difference that makes, not sure how easy it will be to get the grills off?

Jun 11, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #2,561 of 17,943
IMR ACOUSTICS - EDP+ (A.D.L.C / CNT / Planar)
1st impressions
(foam tips / 4.4mm stock cable / Sony WMA)

THE GOOD:

NEW! cable - very nice - Tight fit - the shells will not be falling off!
The return of the extra small hard case :)
Fit - fine for me btu I use foams so they always hold everything in place

The Sound - Elegant, Noble, smooth, creamy detailed, excellent separation and clarity of instruments, Divine sub bass, Reference sounding in terms of balance

THE BAD:
Its clear that they are going to need a LOT of burn in. You can kind of hear the tightness and rigidity of the drivers holding things back...to be expected though

There is an occasional biting harshness to the mids, especially on some vocals BUT I think this is just your classic out-of-the-box thing and will smooth out later, especially giving the overall smooth details that over ride everything
(Its not THAT bad - dont worry - I just mean in comparison to how excellent ALL the other aspects of the entire frequency range!)

I think these will end up being more on the side on reference tuning than bass monsters but i think the creamy detailed warmth will be so delightful this wont be an issue...at all

The shell may be a bit to big for some?

CONCLUSION: - VERY much looking forward to hearing these after 200+ hours. The potential seems to be a beautifully detailed, NATURAL, warm REFERENCE sounding long listening classic. Very 'friendly' sounding

There is so much potential you can hear with these - Im very happy with them

A couple fo pics - compared to Opus Mia (Opus in the right) :

IMG_2383.JPG

IMG_2384.JPG
Thanks for the impressions. Looking forward to getting mine.
I was under the impression that the shells are on the smaller side. So they stick out more than OM?

Jun 11, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #2,563 of 17,943
I'm surprised how light they are, they weigh nothing. They are not a small IEM, quite thick when compared to my A&K T9ie.
That's a good thing compared to Semper. But I was hoping they were smaller too for out and about use.
Is there any sibilance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back