Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 11, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #2,581 of 18,060
No, i havent got mine, I’m in México and our mail service sucks,it’s a true pain, they lost 2 pairs last time, thing is that parcel force goes through mail (not a third party company) in Europe it works wonders, here the moment it hit customs, it can spend up to 5 months in queue
It's awful. what happens after the loss? is the insurance taking charge?

Jun 11, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #2,582 of 18,060
Hello, Everyone new here at least in the Forum, I'm waiting for my EDP+ and Astra, still no tracking or update on the shop app. But the ATEN and Pb2 sound good, so I hope to get my tracking number soon!!!

Jun 11, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #2,583 of 18,060
Just heard from Bob that they have cleared the EDP+, BC and Knight and are moving on to the Elysium, Astra Ultra and Opus Melius so I should see a tracking number for my Elysiums in the next few days. The tracking number will be with DHL, which for me here in the US is really good news. Parcelforce uses the USPS which is still a complete mess. DHL will definitely be way way faster and more reliable.
he changes the delivery service? why not and so much the better for you. but it seems to me that with parcelforce it's fine.

Jun 11, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #2,584 of 18,060
Hello, Everyone new here at least in the Forum, I'm waiting for my EDP+ and Astra, still no tracking or update on the shop app. But the ATEN and Pb2 sound good, so I hope to get my tracking number soon!!!
HI Welcome :)
The final EDP+ are being sent out today so if you have no tracking tomorrow or by monday you can email IMR - The Astra will start shipping next week

Jun 11, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #2,585 of 18,060
HI Welcome :)
The final EDP+ are being sent out today so if you have no tracking tomorrow or by monday you can email IMR - The Astra will start shipping next week
Will do, Thanks to this group I found IMR man I'm so glad! I'm new here, but I hope I can help and contribute as much as I can!! I'm right now listening to some Jazz on the PB2s.

Jun 11, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #2,587 of 18,060
I'm sat here waiting for deliveries just as excited as you all are and i have nothing coming, sad but happy face.
Well tbh...mee too
Serves us right for having the sheer audacity of buying one of the higher end models :/

Jun 11, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #2,589 of 18,060
Your mind is gonna be blown when you start listening to 'real' music with instruments and stuff !! :0
Joking apart - it was really interesting seeing and hearing clearly the changes she was making on the mixing desk.
Although, she needs to put on a nice warm cardy, gets chilly in the evenings :/

Jun 11, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #2,590 of 18,060
IMR ACOUSTICS - EDP+ (A.D.L.C / CNT / Planar)
1st impressions
(foam tips / 4.4mm stock cable / Sony WMA)

THE GOOD:

NEW! cable - very nice - Tight fit - the shells will not be falling off!
The return of the extra small hard case :)
Fit - fine for me btu I use foams so they always hold everything in place

The Sound - Elegant, Noble, smooth, creamy detailed, excellent separation and clarity of instruments, Divine sub bass, Reference sounding in terms of balance

THE BAD:
Its clear that they are going to need a LOT of burn in. You can kind of hear the tightness and rigidity of the drivers holding things back...to be expected though

There is an occasional biting harshness to the mids, especially on some vocals BUT I think this is just your classic out-of-the-box thing and will smooth out later, especially giving the overall smooth details that over ride everything
(Its not THAT bad - dont worry - I just mean in comparison to how excellent ALL the other aspects of the entire frequency range!)

I think these will end up being more on the side on reference tuning than bass monsters but i think the creamy detailed warmth will be so delightful this wont be an issue...at all

The shell may be a bit to big for some?

CONCLUSION: - VERY much looking forward to hearing these after 200+ hours. The potential seems to be a beautifully detailed, NATURAL, warm REFERENCE sounding long listening classic. Very 'friendly' sounding

There is so much potential you can hear with these - Im very happy with them

A couple fo pics - compared to Opus Mia (Opus in the right) :

that scares me a little. i hope that Astra and elysium are not too neutral and that they keep descents basses. I decided to follow IMR for the promises of a fun sound which for me means not shy bass. i hope changing the nozzles can turn the bass into something more epic. what combination of nozzles did you try?

but i think if BC is well received i hope bob will make a special basshead line in the future. that would be great.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #2,591 of 18,060
Real music moves the soul and rocks the body, all goals surpassed, the music is as real as it can be lol.

I posted the set which was playing on youtube live too late, the set was almost finished and winding down so if you do feel inclined to watch (it will be the best 4 hours that you had ever experienced) then the next 3 are the real deal, her mixing transitions are almost always on point it's unreal. Impeccable track selection, the set progression is flawless.

She is in Egypt last week when that set was recorded in Sharm el Sheikh, beautiful lady inside and out physically, mentally and emotionally and incredibly humble.

Jun 11, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #2,594 of 18,060
The bottom filters effect the bass - If you try the green then the black you should hear a difference
This is my 8th IMR IEM and tbh I haven't heard that much difference in bass quantity either...whihc is unusual with IMR - With previous ones Ive gone form treble head to bass monster!
Having said that its not always that the bass QUANTITY is what is changing. Sometimes its more the TONALITY and texture that is changing

Also, due to the dynamic drivers being very hard in nature it will take many hours for them to warm up, loosen up and the bass quantity will change as this happens
For me, the basse nozzle doesn't add more basses, but it makes the whole spectrum more bold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back