Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 11, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #2,566 of 18,060
That's a good thing compared to Semper. But I was hoping they were smaller too for out and about use.
Is there any sibilance?
The EDP+ are [most likely] going to stick out a bit (depending on your ear structure) - The shell is very similar to RAH. You aren't going to be getting any sibilance with this IEM!

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #2,567 of 18,060
The EDP+ are [most likely] going to stick out a bit (depending on your ear structure) - The shell is very similar to RAH. You aren't going to be getting any sibilance with this IEM!
I guess I can live with that as long as they sound good and are easier to drive .

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #2,568 of 18,060
I have a question about the filters. I can see dampening differences with the top filter however does the bottom part connected to the IEM do anything, they all look the same other than the gold that has a mesh?

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #2,569 of 18,060
I'm curious about differences between the original EDP and EDP+ sound. I hope somebody who bought EDP+ has or had EDP and is able to do a comparison.

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #2,570 of 18,060
I have a question about the filters. I can see dampening differences with the top filter however does the bottom part connected to the IEM do anything, they all look the same other than the gold that has a mesh?

The bottom filters effect the bass - If you try the green then the black you should hear a difference
This is my 8th IMR IEM and tbh I haven't heard that much difference in bass quantity either...whihc is unusual with IMR - With previous ones Ive gone form treble head to bass monster!
Having said that its not always that the bass QUANTITY is what is changing. Sometimes its more the TONALITY and texture that is changing

Also, due to the dynamic drivers being very hard in nature it will take many hours for them to warm up, loosen up and the bass quantity will change as this happens

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #2,571 of 18,060

Unless they lower bass nozzle has changed design you should see a different sized hole in the side in the groove between where the IEM and tip.

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #2,572 of 18,060
I'm curious about differences between the original EDP and EDP+ sound. I hope somebody who bought EDP+ has or had EDP and is able to do a comparison.

I had the EDP. I was one a minority though who didn't like it. It was ok, nothing wrong with it but I didnt like the lighter faster bass of the titanium driver IN COMPARISON to the Aten driver -
The EDP+ sounds to me to markedly a higher quality sound - better cohesion, more creamy smooth and balanced.
Its not fair to say though just out of the box. As I just said - due to the rigidity of the ADLC I feel it will take a long time to fully loosen it up and get it to its full potential - same for the planar

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #2,573 of 18,060
The bottom filters effect the bass - If you try the green then the black you should hear a difference
This is my 8th IMR IEM and tbh I haven't heard that much difference in bass quantity either...whihc is unusual with IMR - With previous ones Ive gone form treble head to bass monster!
Having said that its not always that the bass QUANTITY is what is changing. Sometimes its more the TONALITY and texture that is changing

Also, due to the dynamic drivers being very hard in nature it will take many hours for them to warm up, loosen up and the bass quantity will change as this happens
Doesn't half make a difference :smile:

Jun 11, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #2,574 of 18,060
Doesn't half make a difference :smile:
Great :) - Im about the best balance and natural tonality so I always end up using the red or pink lower

Jun 11, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #2,575 of 18,060
CHANGING THE MESH - (asked Bob how to)

Use a T5 torx bit

PS: He also mentioned there was a fault so they are re-doing the 4.4mm which will follow in the post very soon

Jun 11, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #2,578 of 18,060
Jun 11, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #2,579 of 18,060
Ok, It reassures me. bob has decided not to use dhl anymore then. I look forward to receiving the BC. but do you know if the customs clearance invoice will come by letter or email?
Just heard from Bob that they have cleared the EDP+, BC and Knight and are moving on to the Elysium, Astra Ultra and Opus Melius so I should see a tracking number for my Elysiums in the next few days. The tracking number will be with DHL, which for me here in the US is really good news. Parcelforce uses the USPS which is still a complete mess. DHL will definitely be way way faster and more reliable.

Jun 11, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #2,580 of 18,060
I'm not sure but maybe Parcel Force was chosen instead of DHL for VAT reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back