Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 8, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #2,536 of 18,059
With M8 and silver cable I found good sinergy with grey nozzles and green upper filters.
Yeah, the OM bass was less quantity than Semper. I used pink or red nozzle with red filter I think.

Jun 8, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #2,537 of 18,059
This makes me sad everytime i hear this said. I always insist on we should always keep every piece of audio gear, i have regretted selling every piece of audio in the past and again i have had some really nice things. Even if we do not use them now at some time in the future they will be useful for something, my stash of packed away audio things is now small and not really nice in the context of what i used to have but slowly growing and i wont ever sell any of it.
True :/ I don't have a choice though as I have such a small income. To be fair, every headphone Ive owned has taught me a lot and has led me inexorably towards what I am looking for so if I do have to sell something its for the purpose of getting something more qualified / better.
I have re-bought a couple of things over the years though when I have a bit more money or I see them for a good price :D
I dont sell my work headphones but they are more in the realms of accurate and neutral so not always great fun to listen to!

Jun 8, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #2,539 of 18,059
I see you own both LX and Semper. How do they compare?

Edit: was addressing @Mehran. Not sure what i did there..
I am on a trip now , so I can't directly compare right now as Semper stayed home.
TBH I didn't care for LX the fist week or so but it's growing on me and I must add that Semper is a very special IEM for me and I probably prefer it even to Fourte for a lot of my library. So I'm definitely biased here as also have spent much more time with it.
Semper is more holographic and has this almost extra dimension to the notes that I haven't experienced with any IEM . The bass is also more realistic and analogue sounding for me and with the right setup goes better with the thick and also beautiful midrange. LX mids are much drier in comparison.
I am less fan of the treble though as it can affect certain songs regarding timbre and even with the M8 it still can exibit sibilance.
That said the LX is proving to be very musical overall ,it's the better all-rounder and the fit is much more secure . So I'm using it exclusively on trips, commutes and when I'm out and about. It has about 100 hours playing time and maybe it has more to give , I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #2,540 of 18,059
I am on a trip now , so I can't directly compare right now as Semper stayed home.
TBH I didn't care for LX the fist week or so but it's growing on me and I must add that Semper is a very special IEM for me and I probably prefer it even to Fourte for a lot of my library. So I'm definitely biased here as also have spent much more time with it.
Semper is more holographic and has this almost extra dimension to the notes that I haven't experienced with any IEM . The bass is also more realistic and analogue sounding for me and with the right setup goes better with the thick and also beautiful midrange. LX mids are much drier in comparison.
I am less fan of the treble though as it can affect certain songs regarding timbre and even with the M8 it still can exibit sibilance.
That said the LX is proving to be very musical overall ,it's the better all-rounder and the fit is much more secure . So I'm using it exclusively on trips, commutes and when I'm out and about. It has about 100 hours playing time and maybe it has more to give , I'm not sure.
Thanks. Would love to hear Semper. It was on my shopping list before its release but i went for LX eventually.
Bob must have created a masterpiece.

Jun 8, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #2,541 of 18,059
Thanks. Would love to hear Semper. It was on my shopping list before its release but i went for LX eventually.
I have the semper with the shanling M8 too. When i compare with R3 Halcyon (it's the first model with 1 hybride DD + 2 Est before OM) the semper brings more substantial details. The IMR planar is so detailed. With the shanling M8 that possess the akm 4499, it brings more details and I wonder if it's possible to do better? Semper benefits really from bests sources like dac, files and power. With a DSD file, it's almost perfect. Voices are so natural, realistic and sound so perfect and intimately. It's like the singer is in the same room with me. Every details, nuance in the voice can be heard. The overall image is completely in the head. When I listen to the music, I am inside. It surrounds everywhere. If Bob plans to make another version with BC driver and the other new technology it will be a killer game 🤩. But with all the drivers, the shell will be monstrous.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #2,542 of 18,059
It really depends on your music and sonic preferences which one is the best for you. None of my IEMs is the absolute best with every song and genre. They are all great in their own right.

Jun 9, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #2,543 of 18,059
I should probably take of my 'little boy at xmas pants' and put back on my 'big boy adult pants' :D
220px-All_I_Want_for_Christmas_Is_You_(film,_poster).jpg

🤪🥳😋😂

Jun 9, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #2,545 of 18,059
Wow - He is brave to do that on LSD ! o_0 I wouldn't trip with him, he would freak me out!!

Looks like EDP+ will arrive very soon..."Something for the weekend Sir?"
Im more interested in the EDP+ than the Astra weirdly. Im hoping the EDP+ will have a good synergy with my travelling set up

Jun 9, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #2,546 of 18,059
Wow - He is brave to do that on LSD ! o_0 I wouldn't trip with him, he would freak me out!!

Looks like EDP+ will arrive very soon..."Something for the weekend Sir?"
Im more interested in the EDP+ than the Astra weirdly. Im hoping the EDP+ will have a good synergy with my travelling set up
I'm excited for you! I really loved my EDP but liquidated it to make possible the Elyssium. Actually bought the EDP+ but when Elyssium was announced, upgraded for the difference. Can't wait to watch your journey with them as they burn-in and blossom.

Jun 9, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #2,547 of 18,059
I'm excited for you! I really loved my EDP but liquidated it to make possible the Elyssium. Actually bought the EDP+ but when Elyssium was announced, upgraded for the difference. Can't wait to watch your journey with them as they burn-in and blossom.

Just recently My Opus Mia's went over 350-400 hours and they changed big time (was it you that said Electrostats take hundreds of hours to wake up?)
The space around the vocal and instruments, the 3D holograph imaging and the room noise of the studio or live environment markedly improved SO
Even though Im as excited as everyone to get their new IMR IEM's Im resigned to a long burn in as well :)
In the past, ALL my IMR's sounded mind blowing for the first 10 hours but then went though some dull times until you get over the 100 hour mark and then they seem reasonable again but THEN its not till 200-300 hours minimum until they really start to mature

Looking forward to hearing the ADLC / CNT dynamic for one thing and also of course the Updated Planar and THEN the 3 together !!
I was never a fan of the first EDP - Titanium drivers don't do it for me :/ I really appreciate though that Bob used one to make an affordable planar, which a lot of people liked a lot :D
We really are a lucky bunch of bunnys!

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #2,548 of 18,059
I finally received the email for the BC order. it is the parcelforce transporter who takes care of it and no more dhl. are you also delivered by parcelforce?

I ask that, because since my semper order, there is 1 year ago, I never received a customs clearance invoice. and I find that weird.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #2,549 of 18,059
I finally received the email for the BC order. it is the parcelforce transporter who takes care of it and no more dhl. are you also delivered by parcelforce?

I ask that, because since my semper order, there is 1 year ago, I never received a customs clearance invoice. and I find that weird.
It’s like ems, it will end up in express mail in your country, i will have to mail bob, i cannot do parcel force

Users who are viewing this thread

Back