Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 4, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #2,506 of 18,062
Yeah, the post office he mails the parcels with is small and slow to process the shipments. In my case it usually took more than a week from the shipping notice before the parcel became visible in the tracking system.

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #2,507 of 18,062
The email last week sounded ultra confident about everything going out on 1st / 2nd June but nothing as yet.

For UK you can expect delivery 5-7 working days after the date he says - This has been the case with all my IMR orders in the past
1. He uses a local post office which is quite small and can only handle so many items a day!
2. I think when he says 'shipping from' he may mean that the process is starting as oppose to the item goes into the post box!
He has to create labels - or maybe its the post office that creates the postage labels (cant remember) but each item has to be scanned and entered into Royal Mail system one at a time
3. Its not uncommon to get the tracking number a few days after the item arrives (UK anyway!) because i think they have to record and enter them all by hand o_0
:)

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #2,508 of 18,062
Having said that, it is bloody annoying when someone says they are shipping your [next day before 1pm] parcel and there is no sign of it 5 days later :frowning2:

Jun 5, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #2,509 of 18,062
Having said that, it is bloody annoying when someone says they are shipping your [next day before 1pm] parcel and there is no sign of it 5 days later :frowning2:
I've learned not to let it bother me as I've come to expect it as part of the IMR "Buying Experience". In the case of the EDPs they were actually shipped 4 weeks later than the date given a week earlier and then it was another 7 days before the package showed up in the Royal Mail system because of the backlog in that small post office - so that was actually 5 weeks later than stated. It was the same story with the RAHs - we were given a date - it was confirmed they were going out, then they shipped 3 weeks later. It's a consitent pattern and is really Bob's only shortcoming. His IEMs are exceptional, cutomer service unrivalled - he just cant hit a shipping date or communicate proactively about reality - it's like he's got a scotoma around shipping. I've said it before - the number one issue around proactive customer buying experiences is to "manage expectations" in terms of communicating what's going to happen and when it's going to happen and being proactive when the expectation one has created needs to shift. For whatever reason, IMR just cant communicate accurate shipping dates or provide information when there are delays (and there are always are). He's got an email list, he really just needs to type 1 paragraph and send. Anyway, I've decided not to let it bother me because if I let it get under my skin it will start to irritate me and turn the excited anticipation of the arrival of a long awaited new toy into an anticlimactic disappointment as expectation fades and hopes get dashed. This is my 4th IMR rodeo, I know I'll get an incredible set of earphones I just have no idea when and I have to be OK with that or it'll just embitter me to the point that I won't enjoy a great earphone when it finally arrives.

For all you newbies to the IMR experience - I just want to encourage you to relax & not let the shipping delay bother you. Just know something special is coming we've been here before.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #2,510 of 18,062
He needs to sort this out. When I spend many hundreds of pounds on a product and am told it has been posted then I expect it to arrive in 1-3 days. That is not unreasonable
Its annoying in this case as I had an Audio engineer colleague come up from London to help with some installation work and was really looking forward to him hearing them. Its ironic that he ordered a part that cost a few £ mid-day and it arrived the following afternoon allowing us to finish the job. I order close to £1000 worth of gear three months ago was told it was posted a week ago and yet...nothing.
Its great to be patient of course and Im sure they will be here soon but there is some serous room for improvement here
He can always drive another 10 miles *** to a bigger post office if need be!! :D

Jun 6, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #2,511 of 18,062
Its great to be patient of course and Im sure they will be here soon but there is some serous room for improvement here
Did you buy your previous seven IMR products used that this slow shipping is news to you?

Jun 6, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #2,512 of 18,062
He needs to sort this out. When I spend many hundreds of pounds on a product and am told it has been posted then I expect it to arrive in 1-3 days. That is not unreasonable
Its annoying in this case as I had an Audio engineer colleague come up from London to help with some installation work and was really looking forward to him hearing them. Its ironic that he ordered a part that cost a few £ mid-day and it arrived the following afternoon allowing us to finish the job. I order close to £1000 worth of gear three months ago was told it was posted a week ago and yet...nothing.
He can always drive another 10 miles *** to a bigger post office if need be!! :D
I think you must bear in mind that Bob is doing what most small businesses have to do, and that is to employ very few dedicated people to undertake multiple tasks, it could even be just two people.

They probably spent the last few weeks putting together the IEMs, then testing them.

In the current situation, what I imagine is, all hands on deck, getting earphones packaged and allocated postal delivery slips, which would then have to be recorded so that as soon as they are collected by the Post Office, the relevant customer is notified that their item has been shipped.

A small Post Office in a remote part of Derbyshire cannot cope with a vast quantity of items because they may well be operating on a small scale. Some big things start small, and your support helps them succeed.

As an indication, watch this 64 Audio documentary, "10 years in the making", these are the small steps of dedicated people which make it all happen:

Jun 6, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #2,513 of 18,062
Actually I misread the email. He says 'Knight, BC, EDP+, Opus Melius, Astra Ultraque and Elysium will be packed up over the 2nd/3rd June and THEN shipped'
so in reality its possible that next week parcels will start to arrive

@Poganin - I've been buying and supporting him for many years since the first days of Trinity, how ever many years ago that was ?!

:)

Jun 6, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #2,514 of 18,062
Based on past experiences, I have set my expectation for this delivery over here in SG to be either end Jun or early Jul.
From Bob:
Hi John

As per my last email update we was packing up over those dates and we started uploading tracking Friday and will start loading the rest up at the start of next week, again as per my email update this will take a few days.

Hang in there.

Regards
Bob
Owner

Jun 6, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #2,515 of 18,062
Its all good - I just really wanted my buddy to hear them and thought they might arrive just in time. He is an extraordinary Sound engineer with phenomenal hearing
He did hear the OPUS MIA's though and was impressed..saying they were almost perfect - there was just something not quite right with the bass, all be it very subtle. (although of course thats with the specific set up its currently on - pink lower+gold)

Its very rare to impress him but I saw him smile listening to some Billie Holiday and that has never happened before! :D
I was telling him that the Astra's would be my 'end game' IEM's and he laughed but...when he heard the OPUS . . .

I meant to say - After 300+ Hours the OPUS had another and surprising final transformation - The space and holographic imaging is just out of this world mow.

Jun 6, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #2,517 of 18,062
For those of us in the US who have paid for the expedited shipping I'd hope that we would hear soon that they are on their way. Not sure if expedited is still using the Post Office, but if it using DHL as I hope, there should be no hold up with the small Post Office as DHL will pick up from IMR.

Jun 6, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #2,518 of 18,062
For those of us in the US who have paid for the expedited shipping I'd hope that we would hear soon that they are on their way. Not sure if expedited is still using the Post Office, but if it using DHL as I hope, there should be no hold up with the small Post Office as DHL will pick up from IMR.

For what its worth Ive sent a few parcels to USA in recent times and they tended to take around 1 week to arrive ! Seems quick at the moment from UK to USA - Wishing you Safe & speedy travels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back