Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 19, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #2,491 of 18,054
LOL - I didnt buy them for sleeping. They were my first "high end" IEM and I still love them. But then IMR came into my life.
The Xelento is a single dynamic Tesla driver that produces an incredible spectrum of sound for it's diminutive size or any size for that matter. I used them exlusively for a long while but now with all the other gear they get much less listening time and I typically bring them out when I want to just stuff them in my pocket or want to listen in bed. They are so small, they literally disappear into the ear. It's remarkable what Beyer accomplished inside those little jewel like shells.
it is practical, it is good. I'm just looking for sleeping. and if possible, the cheapest. but it's really not urgent.

May 24, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #2,493 of 18,054
How much is the Mest v1 worth?

I am about to list mine for sale, in like new condition...
You can do a search of MEST in the classifieds but they've been selling for between $800 and $950

May 27, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #2,496 of 18,054
it is practical, it is good. I'm just looking for sleeping. and if possible, the cheapest. but it's really not urgent.

I use IEMs everynight for sleeping. I only care about comfort for this and not sound quality as I listen to podcasts or audio books not music.

I like the KZ ED16 for this but they are hard to find. I've managed to lose both my pairs of ED16 so recently bought some cheap ones for sleeping (ZSE & ZS4). They are both great for this purpose with the ZSE being cheaper and more comfortable. ZSE was £5 & ZS4 was £10.

May 27, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #2,497 of 18,054
Getting excited for the new ones now. Both for the ones I've ordered and to hear what the others are like too. Hope the post office knows what is gonna hit them and is ready for it.

Interested to hear comparison between Astra & Elysium and Elan when that eventually arrives.

Also interesting that the Ozar is the replacement for the Aten in the lineup. Also wonder what will happen to any returned Atens that get traded in. I still love the Aten - has to be the best bang for buck IEM I own & one I could never sell. So would wonder if any would make it for sale.

Makes me excited to hear the Ozar & Elan (I haven't ordered either tho) if Bob feels they are good enough to replace the Aten & they are the foundation like that was. Also makes me wonder where the Knight, BC & EDP+ sit. I had thought the Knight was the Aten successor.

If the BC has the same CNT driver as the Ozar but also the Aten driver will that sound like the Ozar? Hmmm a lot of questions to be answered soon.

May 27, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #2,498 of 18,054
Getting excited for the new ones now. Both for the ones I've ordered and to hear what the others are like too. Hope the post office knows what is gonna hit them and is ready for it.

Interested to hear comparison between Astra & Elysium and Elan when that eventually arrives.

Also interesting that the Ozar is the replacement for the Aten in the lineup. Also wonder what will happen to any returned Atens that get traded in. I still love the Aten - has to be the best bang for buck IEM I own & one I could never sell. So would wonder if any would make it for sale.

Makes me excited to hear the Ozar & Elan (I haven't ordered either tho) if Bob feels they are good enough to replace the Aten & they are the foundation like that was. Also makes me wonder where the Knight, BC & EDP+ sit. I had thought the Knight was the Aten successor.

If the BC has the same CNT driver as the Ozar but also the Aten driver will that sound like the Ozar? Hmmm a lot of questions to be answered soon.
Ozar and elan are 10mm a adlc cnt

bc knight and edp+ are 6mm adlc cnt

May 28, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #2,499 of 18,054
Ozar and elan are 10mm a adlc cnt

bc knight and edp+ are 6mm adlc cnt
Honestly, for BC I am more interested in the CNT midrange delivery than the bass. Should the dynamic duo are cohesively tuned by Bob, it’s not just for bass head but mid head as well.

May 28, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #2,500 of 18,054

Any returned iems would probably get checked over and put up as b stock.

May 31, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #2,501 of 18,054
Honestly, for BC I am more interested in the CNT midrange delivery than the bass. Should the dynamic duo are cohesively tuned by Bob, it’s not just for bass head but mid head as well.

I think I'm an emphasis on mid-head. Hence I'm looking forward to compare the CNT mids to the IMRs with planar. Elan coming my way and it can't be soon enough. I've always had to temper the Bass with IMR so will be interesting to see how changing the filters will affect the bone conduction.

Jun 1, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #2,502 of 18,054
I think I'm an emphasis on mid-head. Hence I'm looking forward to compare the CNT mids to the IMRs with planar. Elan coming my way and it can't be soon enough. I've always had to temper the Bass with IMR so will be interesting to see how changing the filters will affect the bone
We started with bass addiction. Along the way intoxicated by the IMR mids.
And we’re weeks away from finding out how venomous is the CNT mids on BC.
As for the effect of Bone Conduction, am looking forward to hear positive feedback from you folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back