• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 31, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #17,746 of 18,013
https://www.soranik.com/product/mems-2/

Bob said that to fully reveal the sound of the mems you need an amplifier and thought for a long time about how to solve this problem and it seems that he found some kind of solution for the IMR IEM.
I don't know the details.
Yes I can recall reading this in this forum.
So maybe soranik is different and needs the diablo xmems dac amp .

Mar 31, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #17,747 of 18,013
Yes I can recall reading this in this forum.
So maybe soranik is different and needs the diablo xmems dac amp .
It would be interesting to listen to ENIGMA with ifi Diablo by turning on the mems switch on Diablo.

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #17,750 of 18,013
AMT driver provides something really unique, specially when you have a transparent setup , in this case you may achieve timbres you may have never listened to before. Bob is a magician. Already with Seraph he made a huge step forward with mems drivers gaining the new level of transaparency. With the last gen iems he confirmed his maestry. His business model had some lacks for sure, but his ability to build iems, somehow makes him to be forgiven.
In my case there is some kind of bias because of really particular setup: hiby r8 II plus SuperConductor cable which has an unbelievable level of damn transparency. Silver cables are close but can't compete with SC.
Jesus, you hit where an audio-junkie hurts.
And I thought I would settle with the Titans.

But, I would consider 'transparency' in presentation to come at the expense of 'tone weight', which I am not a fan of.
How would you commend on this?

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #17,751 of 18,013
I would consider 'transparency' in presentation to come at the expense of 'tone weight', which I am not a fan of.
How would you commend on this?
On ibasso dx300 the approach/feedback is more airy for example. With hiby r8 ii is way more massive. So it's also depends on the source. However, enigma tend to have weight

Apr 3, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #17,753 of 18,013
IMR BC drivers have a frequency response that covers midrange to low treble.
Therefore they do not vibrate, from my experience.
There is a new variety of BCs based on DD technology that presumable covers
bass frequencies but I do not know the actual technical characteristics of DD BC drivers IMR uses
(eg in Dark Matter and Nale). Kinera IEMs and UM have a vibrating Bass from my experience and
from what I read.

Apr 3, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #17,754 of 18,013
Belated question about IMRs and BC drivers. For those of you with sets with BCs, do you actually feel the set vibrate or is it the sort of deal where it is so subtle that you have to have faith in it?
Yes, it's a subtle thing. Back in 2021 when I was waiting for the Elan, having never experienced bone conduction before, I was wondering if there would be some sort of "tickle". There is a feeling, but it's hard to pinpoint.

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #17,756 of 18,013
I agree.
But would it make a difference with IMR implementation of mems ?
No, since you are feeding the same line as the rest of the drivers, imr doesn't use crossovers. Mems need their own amplifiers, I don't think that imr used em at their max performance but still

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #17,758 of 18,013
I am chocked by the lack of interest for the Enigma that I am listing at 999 euros. I still believe that this is an endgame IEM and the best IEM released by IMR to date. At this price it's a steal!!!!

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #17,760 of 18,013
I've had my b-stock Enigma for a week now and I have to admit that it is the best IEM I've ever heard/owned. Admittedly, I've not owned any of the TOTL iems out there. The most expensive I've ever owned was a pair of CF Andromeda 2020 and I had a chance to try a pair of CF Solaris 2020.

I've not changed from the black/black filters as I'm liking how they sound at the moment. I've been rediscovering some of Diana Krall's albums that I haven't listened to in a long time and wow! I listen to a lot of different types of music, but jazz just seems to shine for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back