Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 30, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #17,731 of 18,013
By collapsible do you mean the top and bottoms are not separable ?
Yes, it is one solid part, the top and bottom are not separated and there is no acoustic foam inside.
Bob released them for the AVALON batch, for the first customers

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 3:00 AM Post #17,733 of 18,013
I don't think the company is dead, (sorry read a bit behind) but I would say it would be moronic if customers went back to the pre order system. I would be down for an already made stash of things that are actually worth it, an actual existing Zion would be good to see.

I know that If a pre order comes out there will be a bunch of people doing it... It just would be the neverending cycle of "royal mail/ our supplier dog ate the shells" excuses of everytime.

Mar 31, 2024 at 3:00 AM Post #17,734 of 18,013
Very interesting.
Was there any significant difference in the sound using these filters vs the normal separate filters ?
To my ears, there is a difference in sound, but we perceive the difference in the sound of the filters that are included in the kit, and accordingly, these experimental filters affect the sound. Now I chose blue, because it calms down the bass a little and the sound is somehow bodily, more believable, musical instruments are somehow tangible or something.

Mar 31, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #17,735 of 18,013
I'm revisiting my rah 23s and the copper cable does them such a disservice. Just got a shipment of AliExpress-sale-bought cables, including nicehck greenmood. Treble is much more extended and defined...cymbals which were a point of contention are a bit better defined and brought forward slightly but still probably tamed compared to say seraph. Sense of space is pretty large on Orchestral tracks... definitely not the end-all in terms of resolution (though the analogue quality ootb is tempered quite significantly) or in terms of precise location of instruments. Running on blue/blue the bass is maybe the sub bassiest of all sets I've got in their current configurations. Overall feels like they're a different set.

Mar 31, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #17,736 of 18,013
Each time I listen to Enigma and Enigma+, I am in Nirvana. I am so happy I finally found the sound I was looking for for years

Mar 31, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #17,737 of 18,013
I'm revisiting my rah 23s and the copper cable does them such a disservice. Just got a shipment of AliExpress-sale-bought cables, including nicehck greenmood. Treble is much more extended and defined...cymbals which were a point of contention are a bit better defined and brought forward slightly but still probably tamed compared to say seraph. Sense of space is pretty large on Orchestral tracks... definitely not the end-all in terms of resolution (though the analogue quality ootb is tempered quite significantly) or in terms of precise location of instruments. Running on blue/blue the bass is maybe the sub bassiest of all sets I've got in their current configurations. Overall feels like they're a different set.
Agree, I swapped for the Nicehck silvercat cable so much tighter with more treble definition

Mar 31, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #17,738 of 18,013
To IMR sound lovers only: I can offer my Enigma at an unheard of price. Just drop me a message

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #17,739 of 18,013
AMT driver provides something really unique, specially when you have a transparent setup , in this case you may achieve timbres you may have never listened to before. Bob is a magician. Already with Seraph he made a huge step forward with mems drivers gaining the new level of transaparency. With the last gen iems he confirmed his maestry. His business model had some lacks for sure, but his ability to build iems, somehow makes him to be forgiven.
In my case there is some kind of bias because of really particular setup: hiby r8 II plus SuperConductor cable which has an unbelievable level of damn transparency. Silver cables are close but can't compete with SC.
@paggio can you share a picture of the modded super conductor cable ?

Mar 31, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #17,741 of 18,013
Anyone heard of a company called soranik ? They also make mems iems
I wonder how they match up with the Seraph / Enigma ?

https://www.soranik.com/product/mems-2/

Anyone ever tried these mems ?
Never heard of them but even if their implementation of mems matches up Enigma, they will not make bass like IMR. No other brand makes bass like IMR: it is not too much and not too light. Just the quantity and quality needed to add spices into your music

Mar 31, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #17,742 of 18,013
Never heard of them but even if their implementation of mems matches up Enigma, they will not make bass like IMR. No other brand makes bass like IMR: it is not too much and not too light. Just the quantity and quality needed to add spices into your music
Just another rare mems iem. Wondering whether their implementation of mems is any different

Mar 31, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #17,743 of 18,013

Attachments

• Diablo.jpg
    Diablo.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Diablo..jpg
    Diablo..jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #17,744 of 18,013
Mar 31, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #17,745 of 18,013
Do you mean that you must have an amplifier like this to have it working? it that's the case, then it's a major drawback because you lose the mobility of the IEM
https://www.soranik.com/product/mems-2/

Bob said that to fully reveal the sound of the mems you need an amplifier and thought for a long time about how to solve this problem and it seems that he found some kind of solution for the IMR IEM.
I don't know the details.

It would be interesting to listen to ENIGMA with ifi Diablo by turning on the mems switch on Diablo.

Attachments

• Diablo.1.jpg
    Diablo.1.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back