• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 6, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #17,206 of 18,140
Feb 6, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #17,209 of 18,140
So you've got it so pleased for you. 🙏😎 Report if that means the Titan is toast. 😀
I won't judge until after plenty of burn in.

The only thing I can say for sure is that ONE of them will be sold.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #17,210 of 18,140
Link again for Velvet tips friend?
You can get them at HiFiGo or the HiFi Go AliEx Store
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! C$30.38 | HiFiGo Divinus Velvet Silicone Earphones Ear Tips for Nozzle Size 3-5mm, Soft Deeply Eartips For IEMs Earbuds AFUL Performer 5/8
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0nAVAi

Feb 6, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #17,212 of 18,140
Speaking of tips I got myself the Pentaconn Coreir Brass few months ago and they are really the best I have tried so far and tend to elevate all aspects of sound with every iem I used them with. Though haven't tried the velvets yet, although they have been on my AliExpress basket for a while.
Those look interesting. I'll give em a try I can see or imagine that those brass inserts preserve the soundwave. I really am astounded at the difference these velvets are making with the Xelentos. The shift isn't as dramatic on the EDP but it is noticeable. You should give them a go!

Feb 6, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #17,213 of 18,140
Speaking of tips I got myself the Pentaconn Coreir Brass few months ago and they are really the best I have tried so far and tend to elevate all aspects of sound with every iem I used them with. Though haven't tried the velvets yet, although they have been on my AliExpress basket for a while.
Speaking of these tips
How donthey fit compared to normal tips like for size? Because they r very expensive for a pair and not sure what size to get
And are they wide bore tips?

Also dod someone here post a copy version if the tips?
Im sure someone here or it might had been fb who posted photos if similar tips

Feb 7, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #17,216 of 18,140
Well the Titans are very open sounding, like an open back over-ear headphone.
At least this is my perception. Bass is audiophile bass, very textured, not a MEXT vibrating bass.
Maybe a bit addition towards that direction would be perfect if it didn't threw the delicate auditory equilibrium off balance.
It's an elegant audiophile sound presentation, fitting many genres.
A tad bright for my treble sensitive ears even with black/black combo though.
Not a hint of sibilance of course, but in long sessions I become aware of more treble than I can metabolize.
So I'll probably have to explore a bit here the upper filter options but I would hate to lose any detail because of this.
Anyone who understands this and has Titan please give me a shortcut to the 'best' filter here...

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #17,217 of 18,140
Red bottom and green top sound the best for my Titan.

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #17,218 of 18,140
Well the Titans are very open sounding, like an open back over-ear headphone.
At least this is my perception. Bass is audiophile bass, very textured, not a MEXT vibrating bass.
Maybe a bit addition towards that direction would be perfect if it didn't threw the delicate auditory equilibrium off balance.
It's an elegant audiophile sound presentation, fitting many genres.
A tad bright for my treble sensitive ears even with black/black combo though.
Not a hint of sibilance of course, but in long sessions I become aware of more treble than I can metabolize.
So I'll probably have to explore a bit here the upper filter options but I would hate to lose any detail because of this.
Anyone who understands this and has Titan please give me a shortcut to the 'best' filter here...
Don't forget, black upper is for 2nd most treble, after blue. You may want to try red, "purple", or green upper.

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #17,219 of 18,140
I wouldn't say it is a big step from Avalon level.
But a step up it is. As others mentioned here (@paggio), Avalon lost part of its treble performance
(which makes these models so special) after burn in. This is not the case with Titan.
I was saying s few posts back that I found the treble to be fine with the Avalon but with a subsequent session I realised the music I was listening to at that time had particularly clear / loud cymbals in the tracks which were clear as a bell.
With other albums I found the cymbals to be more in the background of the mix and
over all in general to be more soft in presentation than hard (hard as in wooden stick hitting brass!)
I dont find this an issue in any way though. I dont catch myself not hearing the cymbals in the sense that im noticing a problem or anything missing but if i am reminded and listen out for it then I hear it
End of the day though I have a special TOTL type of experience when listening to the Avalon especially the more organic, natural the music / instruments are the more they shine
Seems the naming fits the sounds of each quite well - The softer more dreamy (Kingdom of ) Avalon and the majestic Titan :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back