Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 5, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #17,191 of 18,496
There is also a tactile sensation of this peculiar pulsating vibration when you strike Plutus shells. Like an internal coil or string or something. You can actually hear this vibration when you have them in ear and you strike them with your finger.
That's new to me.
Any idea what this might be? Having to do with the DD BC implementation on the shell.maybe?

Feb 5, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #17,192 of 18,496
As I'm waiting for new and exciting iems to arrive I decided to dig into my collection and dial in a set that came at the same time as the DM, EDP ace and Elan+ so didn't really get much eartime. The Zenith 2 matched up with a nice thick silver plated copper cable, with blue bottom nozzles, Gold top and jvc spiraldot eartips vents closed, plugged into the IBasso dx170 boy does that 14.2 DD thump. A real unsung hero of an iem especially with Classic Rock, EDM and blues.
I'm so happy I hang on to iems cos when you maybe don't give them a chance because of getting a few together at the same time they slip by you unappreciated. You can rediscover a quite superb musical experience in the fallow months.

Edit
The depth is just breathtaking natural texture and details revealed in a wonderful analogue layered manner. Also excellent wide staging I'm now questioning why on earth it's sat unused for over 2 years. I suppose my collector sickness is to blame. A lesson in slow down fully appreciate what you have instead of chasing new new new

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #17,193 of 18,496
As I'm waiting for new and exciting iems to arrive I decided to dig into my collection and dial in a set that came at the same time as the DM, EDP ace and Elan+ so didn't really get much eartime. The Zenith 2 matched up with a nice thick silver plated copper cable, with blue bottom nozzles, Gold top and jvc spiraldot eartips vents closed, plugged into the IBasso dx170 boy does that 14.2 DD thump. A real unsung hero of an iem especially with Classic Rock, EDM and blues.
I'm so happy I hang on to iems cos when you maybe don't give them a chance because of getting a few together at the same time they slip by you unappreciated. You can rediscover a quite superb musical experience in the fallow months.
Very nice!

I had some early magical moments with the Z2, but it was also the only IMR unit where I had ear pressure issues, making comfort a real problem. Sold them to a forum member we all know only a month or so after I got them.

Feb 6, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #17,194 of 18,496
What a creation!
20240206_182548.jpg

Feb 6, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #17,198 of 18,496
Big step up from the other models right ?
I wouldn't say it is a big step from Avalon level.
But a step up it is. As others mentioned here (@paggio), Avalon lost part of its treble performance
(which makes these models so special) after burn in. This is not the case with Titan.
It sounds like, how probably Bob envisioned this type of driver configuration to be.
And thanks to my dear friend @yaps66 this set is completely burned in, so what you hear is what you get...

Hopefully you get your Enigmas soon, I am sure they are going to be astonishing.
Something tells me that Bob figured out how to probably place the DD into the shell so that it might have
some of that BC bass rumble of later IEMs appearing in the market these days.
But this is just a conjecture.

Feb 6, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #17,199 of 18,496
Enigma seems to have more punch than Titan, based on early testing.

Feb 6, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #17,200 of 18,496
Let us know if you find any improvement. It would be interesting to know.
While all of you are starting to receive your tardy little jewels. My Velvet tips just showed up. Haven't tried with the EDP yet - but man, with the Xelento 2 its a brand new IEM. Incredible the full bass impact has been unleashed and a lot - I mean A LOT more clarity and reach has been revealed in the upper mids and treble. - WOW just wow.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #17,201 of 18,496
While all of you are starting to receive your tardy little jewels. My Velvet tips just showed up. Haven't tried with the EDP yet - but man, with the Xelento 2 its a brand new IEM. Incredible the full bass impact has been unleashed and a lot - I mean A LOT more clarity and reach has come into the upper mids and treble. - WOW just wow.
My favourites I got 22 pairs of them lol they've elevated the Meze Advar, senn Ie600, Titan, EDP Ace, Penon 10th, Elan + akg N5005 well just about every iem I've put them on super comfy and easy to clean too 😊❤️😎👌

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #17,202 of 18,496
Enigma seems to have more punch than Titan, based on early testing.
So you've got it so pleased for you. 🙏😎 Report if that means the Titan is toast. 😀

Feb 6, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #17,203 of 18,496
While all of you are starting to receive your tardy little jewels. My Velvet tips just showed up. Haven't tried with the EDP yet - but man, with the Xelento 2 its a brand new IEM. Incredible the full bass impact has been unleashed and a lot - I mean A LOT more clarity and reach has been revealed in the upper mids and treble. - WOW just wow.

Right on! I didn't think any tip could surpass my Spiral Dots++, but the Velvets are excellent. With an adapter, I even use them on my AirPod Pros.

Feb 6, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #17,204 of 18,496
Right on! I didn't think any tip could surpass my Spiral Dots++, but the Velvets are excellent. With an adapter, I even use them on my AirPod Pros.
Honestly I'm stunned by what a difference they make. I didnt think anything would unseat my Azla Crystals but these have done it. I just slapped them on the EDPs and I wasn't sure at first, the staging came more forwrd but also somehow more open. As I began to adjust to the new sound, there is a lot more nuance detail retrieval, cymbal crashes are far more present. Thanks to you and @rottoman for posting about these. Definitely ordering more.

Feb 6, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #17,205 of 18,496
Link again for Velvet tips friend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back