Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 5, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #17,177 of 18,523
DHL delivery today. Probably the Titans arrived.
Since the dear comrade who sent them has already burned them in
I'll have the rare pleasure of enjoying an end product...
Very excited for you! Have fun with it!

Feb 5, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #17,179 of 18,523
DHL delivery today. Probably the Titans arrived.
Since the dear comrade who sent them has already burned them in
I'll have the rare pleasure of enjoying an end product...
Where did you order Titans from?

Feb 5, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #17,180 of 18,523
With the New 2023 DD variations I'm a blue bottom red top so that's for Titan, Elan + BC and Rah With the EDP ace it's grey bottom red top
Blue/Red is usually what I have as well (Elan+).

Feb 5, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #17,181 of 18,523
Feb 5, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #17,183 of 18,523
This came instead...
20240205_182055_HDR.jpg

Feb 5, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #17,185 of 18,523
Very bassy (dirty and uncompromising bass) considering the driver combination (BC/BA/Planar), narrow stage, fun oriented tuning, not the best dynamics on first listen.
Overall, another universe from IMR, sounds 'weird' in comparison.
But you know after brain and burn in, things grow on you.
One thing I read from reviewers which I don't understand is that the BC is responsible for all that Bass. And I thought that these drivers have a frequency response of low-mids to low-treble...

Feb 5, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #17,186 of 18,523
Very bassy (dirty and uncompromising bass) considering the driver combination (BC/BA/Planar), narrow stage, fun oriented tuning, not the best dynamics on first listen.
Overall, another universe from IMR, sounds 'weird' in comparison.
But you know after brain and burn in, things grow on you.
One thing I read from reviewers which I don't understand is that the BC is responsible for all that Bass. And I thought that these drivers have a frequency response of low-mids to low-treble...

Thanks for the post. It has me a bit concerned about product quality/consistency with the item though. My pair sounded much different than what yours sounds like. Below is an excerpt from a post I made in another thread. The bass was clean, the stage decently wide, and the detail in the treble was quite good. Also, I agree with the reviewers you spoke of that the BC is responsible for the bass. When the Plutus Beast doesn't fully contact my ear, the bass isn't anywhere near as good.

...They have a very interesting driver configuration. A 10mm SPD, a proprietary Square Planar Driver, a 10mm Bone Conduction driver, and a BA driver. I figured for $89 what the hell. Got them in on the 27th and I haven't been able to stop listening to them, they are addictive. Might be the best deal under $200 in IEMs imo. The bass is sublime, reaching deep but without any slop. That is as long as the IEMs are touching your ears, the bass decreases noticeably when the bone conduction isn't in play. The mids are rich and warm without making the sound stage seem closed in. The highs are crisp and full of detail, they remind me of the EST drivers in my Thieaudio Oracle MKII's even though they cost 1/6th as much as the Oracles...

1000008794.jpg
1000008795.jpg

Feb 5, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #17,188 of 18,523
On the (off) topic of non-IMR IEMs ... got a free pair of the BASN Mix-PD Saturday (I'm an Amazon Vine reviewer) and ... WOW!

This is a DD + Planar unit. I haven't seen anything (so far) specifying sizes, but what matters is that these are phenomenal, at the $79.99 list price or even 2x that price. Heck, at $250 most people would consider them a good deal I think.

Great sound across the frequency range. Just when you think it might get a little too sharp on the top end, it rolls off nicely. Notes on the bottom end have appropriate weight. May not loosen your dental fillings like some IMR units can, but bass is present and very nicely done (and not overdone).

I've fed these numerous tracks (including vinyl) and everything sounds good (actually, great). For one comparison, I don't recall ever being this impressed with the 7Hz Timeless for the 6 months I had those. These won't supplant my Elan+, but now there's competition for listening time.

Can't imagine anyone being unhappy with these @ $80. If you need a cheap but very capable IEM to keep in your drawer at work or in your commuter bag or whatever, you can't go wrong with these.

photo_2024-02-05_12-16-23.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #17,189 of 18,523
Lol, what a joke. Expected the Enigma to be delivered today and got several updates over the past few days. Now I just got an email saying that they couldn't deliver because "the premesis was closed". I have a security camera out front and there was no attempted delivery. The delivery truck never even drove past my house, let alone ring the doorbell.

Now I have to reschedule. Really ridiculous.

Feb 5, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #17,190 of 18,523
Thanks for the post. It has me a bit concerned about product quality/consistency with the item though. My pair sounded much different than what yours sounds like. Below is an excerpt from a post I made in another thread. The bass was clean, the stage decently wide, and the detail in the treble was quite good. Also, I agree with the reviewers you spoke of that the BC is responsible for the bass. When the Plutus Beast doesn't fully contact my ear, the bass isn't anywhere near as good.
It's bed time here so I do some relaxed listening.
Bass impact reminds me of MEXT bass. It does. So I A/B these two, paired to a Fiio BTR7.
Plutus (what a name!) sounds richer on BTR7,still more narrow sounding than the MEXT. The latter being more textured in all frequency range, with more air and separation. (x12 more expensive but not x12 better by any means).
Plutus bass is more mid-bass oriented than MEXT, still retains that eerie palpability. Must be a BC thing then. Indeed very addictive.
The above with dark low-fi electronica.

Now when changing genres, Soundgarden sound nice and detailed, mids and treble jump in and the bass bear receded into its cave. A little sibilant highs. Good soundstage. Rich sound with heavy tone weight. Really like this.

Look for 89$, it's lovely to have if only to experience this rare bass effect.

Overall great for the price really from what I get from a more settled listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back